“Pleasant riad with lovely staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of dar marhaba marrakech

dar marhaba marrakech
We can't find prices for this accommodation
dar marhaba marrakech
22 derb sidi bouamer | riad laarouss, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #722 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol
“Pleasant riad with lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I have just returned from a long weekend in Marakesh, staying at the Dar Marhaba. The riad is about a 15-20 min walk to the main square, but a taxi is only £1, so its no problem.

The riad itself was well presented, with comfortable rooms and plenty of ameneties that I hadn't expected (hairdryer, complementary soft drink minibar, complementary laptop & wi-fi in room).

The roof terrace had chairs, tables and sun loungers, although it proved a bit chilly in Jan to use them.

The best part of the riad was the staff. The hotel manager was always willing to give advice on visits, make bookings for us and give prices for taxis (very useful), but was not pushy and didn't try to sell us guided trips; and the 2 ladies that did the cooking and cleaning were friendly and very tolerant of our wanting late breakfasts every day, and carrying it up to the roof terrace!

All in all it was a pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

My partner and myself went to Marrakech for a mix of a conference and travel. With a twist of luck we found the the Dar Marhaba Riad. For the 10 days we spent there it really became the home away from home. The hosts and were simply wonderful. The breakfasts on the terrace overlooking the Medina were amazing. And I wouldn't even start talking about the candle-lit dinner on the terrace. The Tajine just melted in your mouth. All in all it was a fantastic experience. The next time I come to Marrakech, I know where I will stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Tarragona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

The Riad was just fantastic. We were welcome very kindly. The fireplace in the rooms was lit when we arrived, we were also offered morrocan tea and we relaxed on the terrace with a nice view to the Medina. The breakfast in the morning on the sunny terrace was delightful. The owners take care of their guests as if they were their relatives. You feel at home being abroad. The place where you stay enhances the good vibrations of your holidays if your are properly pampered. Worth trying it!
We do absolutely recommend this riad.
Montse from Spain

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

While in Marrakech, I learned that "Marhaba" means welcome, and Dar Marhaba is appropriately named. I stayed at Dar Marhaba for about a week when I was in town for a conference. My colleagues were in different riads so I was a solo woman much of the time. The riad was incredibly beautiful, comfortable and safe. I felt so much at home there with the wonderful service, caring staff, delicious food (especially the breakfast), and the gorgeous rooftop. The owner and the staff went out of their way to ensure that my stay was comfortable and even provided a safe space for me to leave my stuff while I traveled to Essaouira for a the weekend. It's a good location as well, about a 15 minute walk to the Jemaa el Fna and close to the souks and good food. I recommend this place 100% and if I return to Marrakech, I will certainly stay at Dar Marhaba again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

A place where you will relaxed due the charming and well combined colours .The rooms where authentic renewed . The owners of the riad where always very helpfull if you have any request or questions. even childrens are well accomaded. The riad is well located to start your discovery of marrakech.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We enjoyed our one night stay here, beautiful Riad, very clean, facinating bedrooms--not very spacious but very colourful and unique. The owner Thianar was a great host and despite the fact that we had to leave the next day very early we were woken up by a delicious smell of a wonderful coffee and a full breakfast was on a table even tough we have told Thianar coffee would be just fine. Thank you again for hosting us.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Been to dar marhaba marrakech? Share your experiences!