“Best riad ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Riad Berbere

You added Le Riad Berbere to your Saves list
Le Riad Berbere
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   23, derb Sidi Ahmed Ben Nasser | quartier Kaat Ben Nahid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #111 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Mantua, Italy
“Best riad ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I couldn't have chosen a better place where to stay in Marrakech.. the Riad is amazing, clean, safe, a real oasis in the chaos of Marrakech! Ingrid - the manager of the Riad - is super nice and helpful, and suggested us a lot of interesting things to do in the city and its surroundings (great trip to the Ourika valley!). The small SPA is really well-kept, the breakfast is good and abundant and the dinner - Moroccan salads, fish tajine and apple pie - was very good too :) I'd definetely suggest anyone this Riad!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

A small riad in the old medina. Very elegant decoration. Very clean and calm. You feel like at home. The Moroccan cuisine is tasty and the breakfasts are great.
The staff is helpful, Ingrid has always good recommendations for Marrakech. I would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My daughter, 12, and I have just returned from Morocco. We stayed 4 nights in Riad Berbere and felt as if we were house guests in a private riad hosted by the incredibly upbeat, friendly and helpful Ingrid. There is nothing hotel-ish about living there, which is just what we wanted - the decor is beautiful and understated, all creamy white walls, French (and Belgian, I'm told!) matt grey shutters and tall panelled doors, and red Berber rugs. The Belgian architect owner is a purist, and didn't want lots of knick-knacks or wall art to detract from the classic lines of the architecture, but it's not cold or minimalist or designery - it's very comfortable and soothing to the senses, with a log fire on cool evenings, and the patterns of sunlight through curlicued iron railings greeting you on a sunny morning.
Breakfasts were a feast, taken beside the orange tree and banana palms in the courtyard when warm, or inside by the fire when chilly. We had the best orange juice ever, everywhere in Morocco, squeezed fresh from ripe oranges, here accompanied by baskets of home-made doughnuts and bread, pancakes and various jams, including a delicious light, tangy orange marmelade, not as rich or dense as shop-bought ones. I might suggest a little fruit or a gentle nod towards the slimmer's option, dear Ingrid - Morocco is not the place you come to lose weight!
I totally recommend that you book dinner here as well - you need to order in the morning - we had two dinners, and they were by far the best meals we had in Marrakesh and, along with one meal at another riad in Fes, the best in Morocco. Beef tagine with prunes and toasted almonds was divine, and so was the lamb with apricots and almonds. My only disappointment was being too full to be able to demolish every meal.
Most of all, the Riad Berbere experience is made by Ingrid and the lovely women who work at the riad. Ingrid totally put herself out for me in ways that I think were beyond the call of duty - on our first night she led us on the 10 minute walk to the medina, stopping to show us all the landmarks for us to find our way back; she was always there with a cheerful greeting to check how our day was, and she spent a good couple of hours helping me decide on my plans for the next part of our journey, looking at the map with me and calling up several hotels to make onward reservations, reserving our hire car and lending me her precious Michelin map for our road trip!
My daughter and two other girls staying there were very much welcomed and enjoyed playing with the cats and spotting the tortoise in the garden.
Thank you so much, we are looking forward to returning some day I hope not too far away.

Room Tip: We loved our balcony room for the morning sun flooding in; the terrace room looked great as you have...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cremona, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

The Best Riad I have staid in Marrakech. Very calm, relaxing, clean and elegant in a nice area near the must-see monuments. I suggest to have dinner there: their cuisine is superb, and you can dine in a very elegant and comfortable room. I appreciated the opportunity, provided by Mrs. Ingrid and her local staff, to forget about "real life" daily worries: all was wonderfully organized in a smooth way.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family