“Absolutely perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Suliman

Save Saved
You added Riad Suliman to your Saves list
Riad Suliman
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 - 41, rue El Bahia | Quartier Mellah-Medina, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #69 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
“Absolutely perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had the most amazing four night stay at the Riad Suliman. Nothing was too much trouble for Dagmara and her team, from arranging guided tours of the Atlas mountains to massages in addition to the Hammam which was already included and two wonderful meals on the first and last nights. The Riad is an oasis in the madness that is Marrakech. All the rooms beautifully decorated and very clean. I really can't sing their praises enough. Please go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a lovely three night stay at the Riad Suliman. Do not be put off by the street it's on, (it's a little dark and dusty) because you step through the door to a mini oasis. It's cool, quiet and clean and nicely decorated with traditional Moroccan decor. We'd recommend staying here as it's so close to the hustle and bustle but it's lovely and calm. It's inside the medina walls, 15 min walk to the main square. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they love to give you advice on places to visit, they obviously love Marrakech. It's a great way to experience the real Marrakech as opposed to staying in a bog-standard western style hotel and getting taxis all over the place. We'd also recommend the hammam and massage they do in-house. The roof terrace is a great place to chill out, with an 'honesty bar' and views over the roof tops. The breakfast is lovely and changes every day. Our room was great with high ceilings, good air conditioning, a lovely traditional Moroccan bathroom and plenty of hot water.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was in a party of eight and all of us gasped when we stepped through the wooden door into the Riad. Dagmara has decorated the Riad in very tasteful Morrocan style, all the rooms are beautiful and different. ....And then at night with the lanterns on and petals and candles floating in the pool it is truly stunning.
All the staff were helpful and friendly particularly Matthew (sp?) and Dagmara who always went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Matthew is always smiling! And endless patience at the end when our party paid individually in a mixture of Euros, Pounds, credit cards and Dirham! I will most definitely recommend Riad Suliman to everybody I know!

Room Tip: I stayed in 'Topaz', it was beautiful
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Myself and 7 friends went to Morocco as part of my 50th birthday celbration. We stayed at Riad Suliman for our first night in Marrakech and then again for 3 nights after a mountain and desert tour. The Riad has been renovated and decorated beautifully and Dagmara, Mateusz and all the other staff could not have made us feel more welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was very good with a choice of eggs, bread, fruit, etc and served when you wanted it. There was always someone around to make tea / coffee / help us with recomendations / directions / massages etc. The Riad was clean, beautiful and very comfortable. Even though we had only spent one night there, after 3 days in the mountains and desert, it felt as though we were going "home" when we returned to the Riad. The dinner cooked for us that night was delicious - and the setting beautiful - the comfy roof terrace alcove was beautifully decorated with candles and rose petals. The honesty bar is a fabulous idea - you were left to yourself but there was always help on hand if needed. When we decided we were too lazy to go out for lunch, food was immediately shopped for, prepared and served completely hassle free. I completely disagree with some comments made by other guests in particular with respect to the rooms. The rooms are more than big enough (I saw them all and slept in 2 different ones) with plenty of storage and all with beautiful bathrooms and soft furnishings. There are plenty of "social" areas to gather and talk both on the ground floor around the plunge pool and on the fantastic roof terrace. I think people forget that Riads are more like guest (B & B) houses and not hotels. I have stayed at another Riad (just as nice and friendly but more expensive) and 2 hotels outside the Medina (good but just like any other characterless city hotel where you could have been anywhere) I have never stayed at a guest (B & B) house in the UK where the setting has been so charming, traditional and friendly and where you have the freedom and the space we had to come and go and "lounge" around and with staff that were just so happy to help.
Well done Dagmara - I know you have not been open that long but you have achieved so much. We had a great stay and you really helped in making my birthday trip special. Should I be lucky enough to make a 4th trip to Marrakech, I will be in touch. In the meantime I will recomend Riad Suliman to everyone else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

First of all, I would like to apologize for my VERY late review! I stayed at this wonderful house in March, and everything in my stay was fabulous. Dagmara, the owner of this small yet beautiful house, was the star of my 10 day trip!

I traveled solo, like most of my trips for the past 3 years, and I did not feel like I was alone what-so-ever! She took me to the souk, we walked around and started introducing me to her friends that worked in the different shops. She sat with me till late at night drinking tea and began discussing the world-It was like I've known her for years! But most importantly, she took me to see the monkeys in Sahat El Fna even though she was scared of them! Good days.

It's like I have another house in the best place in Morocco! Dagmara and her amazing staff did not make me feel like a resident traveling in a country I knew nothing about. I felt like I was sitting in my living room everytime I asked Mohammed (bellboy) and one of the Khadijas (there were two) to prepare me some Moroccan tea!

Food? never worry about that when Dagmara is supervising and looking into every detail! Ask for dinner at the terrace, and enjoy all the tiny salads and amazing couscous! Craving pigeon tajine? What? Dagmara doesn't have that in the fridge? No worries! Dagmara will go to the souk, buy the pigeons, get them slaughtered, and prepare them for you when you for when you desire.

Breakfast was just perfect. They had something everyday; from all the different types of breads, colorful jams, and eggs as you want them. You may feel like this is becoming just about Dagmara, but Dagmara is Polish. I wanted to try some Polish breakfast, so guess what I had? Polish breeakfast! Just when she knew how much I loved hot chocolate to be served while having breakfast, she couldn't just serve me one og the cheap powder products from the markets, no! She went and served me some of the little Polish chocolate powder her father got her when he visited. Talk about generosity, thank you Dagmara.

Also, she arranged all my trips from and to the Atlas, all my restaurant reservations (they were all exceptionally fantastic), spa appointments (even though they have a hammam and a massage bed-this is what ! mean when I say I felt like i was part of the family. Your family will not manipulate you into using their spa just to suck off your money, but will give you better alternatives!), pool reservations at different hotels and clubs, got me a private car witha a chauffeur for my whole stay (which was so cheap you wouldn't believe it), and many many things .

Before knowing how amazing this place was, I had already booked my stay at a different riad (supposed to be one of the top in Marrakech) just after my stay at Riad Suliman to "experience more in Marraakech". I regretted it so much. Why would someone leave a cozy, loving household and just go somehwere big and cold?

3 weeks ago, I was in Rabat, Meknes, and Fes- THEY WERE ALL MISSING DAGMARA! The Dagmara touch wasn't there, and so was the kind soul of Morocco. Everytime I tried a new riad in one of the cities I visited, I was saddened because I couldn't go back to marrakech and just stay at my house there.

Thank you Dagmara for everything. Send my regards to little Suliman (the house cat) and I might bring my sister and friends back in a week or two!

Fawwaz

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
dagusia_6, Owner at Riad Suliman, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Fawaz! Thank you fro the bottom of my heart for those kind words! We also really enjoyed having you here and to be honest I was quiet upset with you that you didn't write anything to let us know how are u doing any sooner! We talk about you a lt and I always think about your visit when I look at those nice plates that you have offered for us! I really hope that you are gonna be able to come again and that we will have a chance to meet your sister!
Warm regards from all of us!
Dagmara
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my partner had booked to stay at the Riad Suliman for 4 nights 17th September - 21st September. Before arriving I received an email asking us to switch hotels as they had received a large booking, we said yes, although extremely hesitant.

We arrived at Riad Suliman and spoke to Dagmara who advised us that even though we will not be staying in that Riad, that we were her guests and be treated as such, and that we were.

Dagmara put us into another Riad, which was footsteps away from Riad Suliman.

When not out exploring Marrakech we spent most of our time at Riad Suliman, and always felt welcome.

The Riad is beautifully decorated, as soon as you enter you get the Moroccan vibe. We spent most of our time up on the roof terrace, which I fell in love with instantly! and the chandlers, love the chandlers!!

I can not thank Dagmara, Mateusz, Mohammed and everyone at the Riad Suliman enough as they really did make our entire stay. From sorting out excursions, arranging dinners (and the dinners were amazing!!), to organising a room for us on our last day as our flight was not until 8.30pm, nothing was ever too much.

I have never felt as welcome as what we did at Riad Suliman and really can not speak highly enough of them. We will have to go back to Marrakech one day to actually stay in the Riad!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dagusia_6, Owner at Riad Suliman, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Zoe! Thank you so much for such a nice review! We really enjoyed having you here, even if it was just during the day! We are looking forward having you here again! Warm regards from Marrakech
Dagmara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a lovely 4 days at this Riad. Big thank you to Dagmara and her team for being so helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and we really enjoyed our little break here. Riad is in the perfect location within the medina for exploring, lovely terrace for chilling out, loved our Turquoise room... bathroom was beautiful. Hamman was excellent, fantastic breakfast & dinner too. Dagmara's advice and knowledge of area is amazing and great for us 1st time visitors to Marrakech. Thank you again and we definitely will return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Suliman? Share your experiences!