“Brilliant, Authentic & Comfortable Riad with excellent hosting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad les Inseparables

Save Saved
You added Riad les Inseparables to your Saves list
Riad les Inseparables
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2, derb bounouala | zaouia abassia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #344 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London
“Brilliant, Authentic & Comfortable Riad with excellent hosting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

All aspects of this Riad are of the highest quality. Service, furnishings, authenticity, food and location are all excellent, and Julian is a tremendous host who was happy to share his vast knowledge of Marrakech, which added massive benefit to our sightseeing within the city. I'd highly recommend this Riad to anyone looking to see the authentic side of Marrakech whilst staying in comfort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Julien went out of his way to welcome us to his riad. He showed us around Marrakesh, allowing us to see native sites which we would not have seen otherwise. His Riad is authentic and is a perfect, peaceful place to return to after a busy day in Marrakesh. Unfortunatley we visited on a day when the weather was a bit grey but I would have loved to have seen his beautiful roof top garden on a brighter day. Thank you Julien.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place is quite simply amazing. Having chosen it for only a couple of days at the end of a mini road-trip around Morocco, we chose it because it was very reasonable. We therefore didn't necessarily have high expectations. However, it's the perfect mix of traditional Riad, with the comforts of a more modern hotel/Riad. The building itself is, however, outdone by Julien. He has to be the nicest and most helpful host I've ever stayed with. His unofficial tour of the town was one of the highlights of our time there. Nothing was too much trouble for Julien, and he really made our stay perfect. Aside from that, the hamman, dinner on the roof terrace, pool in the courtyard and the complete quiet away from the bustle of the medina made it a place I cannot recommend enough. We'll be going again.

Room Tip: We looked at a few rooms, and they are all really nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Quite simply one of the best places we have ever stayed in our travels. Actually, midway through our 3 night stay we had a discussion and couldn't think of any hotel we had ever stayed in which was better than this one. Every aspect of our stay was incredible--from Julien's impeccable service to the interesting and insightful walk we had around Marrakech (complete with Julien's observations and off-the-tourist-trail visits to local craftsmen) to the outstanding dinners we had at the riad. I should mention that it's rare for us to want to eat more than one dinner in a guesthouse/hotel, but after sampling Julien's cuisine, we wanted nothing more than to have all of our meals at the Inseparables (Julien has a background in nutrition and obviously has exceptional cooking skill). I've been mentioning Julien quite a bit, and that's because he is simply the best host that we have ever had in our many travels around the world. We also had the extreme luck to have the entire riad to ourselves (low season in August) which only added to our overwhelmingly positive impressions of the riad. Upon arrival, we were upgraded from the 69 euro to 99 euro room (even though I hadn't noticed the upgrade deal on Tripadvisor, Julien gave it to us anyway). The room was perfect and I especially enjoyed the amazing shower, while my girlfriend was in awe of the stunning bathtub. What else can I say? The pool is gorgeous, the decor is tasteful and beautiful in a traditional Moroccan artisanal style, and the soft lighting at night cast from gorgeous local lanterns creates a mesmerizing and peaceful effect. If we ever have the fortune to return to Marrakech, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. 10/10 Perfect. Literally could not have been better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was a solo female traveller wanting to go to Marrakech to celebrate my 30th b'day. I was booking my accommodation just one day before my arrival to Morocco and the choice of Riads in Marrakech was just too wide. How do I choose? Eventually I decided for to go for Riad les Inseparables due to the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. I booked a room and a taxi from the airport (which at the end was a good move as the Riad is VERY hard to find).

Well I must say that I made the best decision EVER! When I arrived at the Riad I was welcomed by the French owner Julien, offered refreshing mint tea, tasty home made biscuits and afterwards was showed around the Riad. It is such a beautiful place that I think the pictures don't it justice. Julien has done an amazing job with the renovation, trying to keep the Riad as authentic/traditional as possible, paying attention to detail. He put a lot of thought and dedication into it. The Riad has about 11 beautiful rooms, saloon, bar area, 2 pools (one that is a home to 4 fish, a frog and a turtle and the other pool that is used for swimming), hammam, massage room, massive rooftop area where you can chill and also where you can find a chameleon George wandering around (so cute). I am sure Julien will explain better and in more detail about the Riad when you arrive but I honestly loved the place. It was beautiful, peaceful, quiet, tastefully furnished, traditional - a comfortable place where you feel like at home (there is also a story behind why its called "les Inseparables")...

One thing i'd like to point out is the food at the Riad. Breakfast is very tasty and different each morning but you MUST try to have a dinner it at least once. Its traditional Moroccan food and its soooo good. It was the best food I had on my stay in Morocco and what was even better that it was on my actually birthday evening :-) Thank you Khadija.

But what makes the whole experience in Marrakech even better is Julien... Whether you come with a partner, friends, family or you are a solo traveller (like me) he will go out of his way to make sure that you have the best time possible. Julien takes you on a tour around the Medina, to workers quarters (where you can see how various products are being made), to places that tourists usually don't go to and explains about the culture and customs. He's lived in Morocco for a long time so he knows a lot about the country and speaks fluent Arabic (English also). He dedicates equal time to each of his guests and provides them with tons of useful information. He is very passionate about the Riad, Moroccan food, caring for his guest and he loves the buzz of having people around. I have travelled a lot previously and you don't often find owners who are as hospitable as Julien. I made a really good friend with him.

I loved my trip to Morocco and it was because of Julien and les Inseparables. I can't thank him enough for making my 30th birthday a very special occasion, something that will always remember. I will most certainly return to les Inseparables again, and very soon!!!! Thank you Julien :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

What can be said of Julien’s reception? He will go out of his way to make sure your stay in Marrakech is the best possible. He will show you his beautiful (and authentic) riad, will point you where to go, shop and eat in the Marrakech Medina. Make sure you find the time to dine, at least once, at the riad. You will discover a great Moroccan cuisine with a few twists and discoveries to be made. The riad is located a bit off-center in the Medina, but it will only take you 5-10 min to reach the center and it has the advantage of being reachable by taxi, which is handy if it’s your first time in Marrakech! The rooms are well decorated, quiet and cool and the breakfast is very good. The riad also has a pool should you want to relax after a day of shopping in the souks. Overall, a great find in Marrakech. We will absolutely stay there next time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

When we first arrived at the Riad Les Inseperables we were blown way by its authenticity; the attention to every detail; the expansive space and labyrinth of areas to explore. But most importantly, the warmth and welcoming friendship of the owner Julien, who has now become a fond friend of ours. Julien was largely responsible for turning our stay in Marrakech from an ordinary experience into an extraordinary experience that we will never forget.

Upon our arrival, Julien gave us a tour of his beautiful riad which revealed all the details that made his riad different from others. His commitment to authenticity sets him apart, even down to the last detail in the amazing Moroccan decor. The rooftop area is spectacularly large and arranged into unique sections. No matter how many guests there are you will always find a secluded area to enjoy your own relaxation both day or night, with lounges, cushions, sails, lamps, lanterns and to top it all off the views are amazing.

There is a solar heated pool downstairs which sits under a beautiful banana tree. The attention to detail even extends to this area as the pool is meticulously tiled in authentic Moroccan inspired mosaic prints.

And now to one of the aspects that makes this riad second to none. The food. Khadija, Julien's amazingly talented chef, prepares amazing authentic Moroccan dishes with quality far beyond that of any of the expensive restaurants in Marrakech. And we are picky food people. The menu is changed regularly to ensure variety and includes a range of tagine and other creative dishes, each equally delicious and equally authentic. You will not go hungry!!! In addition, the rooftop is a beautiful place to enjoy Khadija's breakfast feast, even in winter as the morning sun is still warm and cosy.

Having had the fortune of staying at the Riad Les Inseperables, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Julien makes the whole experience so much more authentic and enjoyable, it is like being part of a welcoming family in a foreign land. It was a privilege to stay there. We would recommend this riad to anyone and if you are lucky enough to stay there you will understand what we mean.

Thank you Julien and Khadija for such an amazing experience. We will be back.

Alison and Ian

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad les Inseparables? Share your experiences!