“The perfect riad and the perfect host (Julien)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad les Inseparables

You added Riad les Inseparables to your Saves list
Riad les Inseparables
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2, derb bounouala | zaouia abassia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #348 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Shanghai, China
“The perfect riad and the perfect host (Julien)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Quite simply one of the best places we have ever stayed in our travels. Actually, midway through our 3 night stay we had a discussion and couldn't think of any hotel we had ever stayed in which was better than this one. Every aspect of our stay was incredible--from Julien's impeccable service to the interesting and insightful walk we had around Marrakech (complete with Julien's observations and off-the-tourist-trail visits to local craftsmen) to the outstanding dinners we had at the riad. I should mention that it's rare for us to want to eat more than one dinner in a guesthouse/hotel, but after sampling Julien's cuisine, we wanted nothing more than to have all of our meals at the Inseparables (Julien has a background in nutrition and obviously has exceptional cooking skill). I've been mentioning Julien quite a bit, and that's because he is simply the best host that we have ever had in our many travels around the world. We also had the extreme luck to have the entire riad to ourselves (low season in August) which only added to our overwhelmingly positive impressions of the riad. Upon arrival, we were upgraded from the 69 euro to 99 euro room (even though I hadn't noticed the upgrade deal on Tripadvisor, Julien gave it to us anyway). The room was perfect and I especially enjoyed the amazing shower, while my girlfriend was in awe of the stunning bathtub. What else can I say? The pool is gorgeous, the decor is tasteful and beautiful in a traditional Moroccan artisanal style, and the soft lighting at night cast from gorgeous local lanterns creates a mesmerizing and peaceful effect. If we ever have the fortune to return to Marrakech, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else. 10/10 Perfect. Literally could not have been better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Nha Trang, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was a solo female traveller wanting to go to Marrakech to celebrate my 30th b'day. I was booking my accommodation just one day before my arrival to Morocco and the choice of Riads in Marrakech was just too wide. How do I choose? Eventually I decided for to go for Riad les Inseparables due to the fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor. I booked a room and a taxi from the airport (which at the end was a good move as the Riad is VERY hard to find).

Well I must say that I made the best decision EVER! When I arrived at the Riad I was welcomed by the French owner Julien, offered refreshing mint tea, tasty home made biscuits and afterwards was showed around the Riad. It is such a beautiful place that I think the pictures don't it justice. Julien has done an amazing job with the renovation, trying to keep the Riad as authentic/traditional as possible, paying attention to detail. He put a lot of thought and dedication into it. The Riad has about 11 beautiful rooms, saloon, bar area, 2 pools (one that is a home to 4 fish, a frog and a turtle and the other pool that is used for swimming), hammam, massage room, massive rooftop area where you can chill and also where you can find a chameleon George wandering around (so cute). I am sure Julien will explain better and in more detail about the Riad when you arrive but I honestly loved the place. It was beautiful, peaceful, quiet, tastefully furnished, traditional - a comfortable place where you feel like at home (there is also a story behind why its called "les Inseparables")...

One thing i'd like to point out is the food at the Riad. Breakfast is very tasty and different each morning but you MUST try to have a dinner it at least once. Its traditional Moroccan food and its soooo good. It was the best food I had on my stay in Morocco and what was even better that it was on my actually birthday evening :-) Thank you Khadija.

But what makes the whole experience in Marrakech even better is Julien... Whether you come with a partner, friends, family or you are a solo traveller (like me) he will go out of his way to make sure that you have the best time possible. Julien takes you on a tour around the Medina, to workers quarters (where you can see how various products are being made), to places that tourists usually don't go to and explains about the culture and customs. He's lived in Morocco for a long time so he knows a lot about the country and speaks fluent Arabic (English also). He dedicates equal time to each of his guests and provides them with tons of useful information. He is very passionate about the Riad, Moroccan food, caring for his guest and he loves the buzz of having people around. I have travelled a lot previously and you don't often find owners who are as hospitable as Julien. I made a really good friend with him.

I loved my trip to Morocco and it was because of Julien and les Inseparables. I can't thank him enough for making my 30th birthday a very special occasion, something that will always remember. I will most certainly return to les Inseparables again, and very soon!!!! Thank you Julien :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

What can be said of Julien’s reception? He will go out of his way to make sure your stay in Marrakech is the best possible. He will show you his beautiful (and authentic) riad, will point you where to go, shop and eat in the Marrakech Medina. Make sure you find the time to dine, at least once, at the riad. You will discover a great Moroccan cuisine with a few twists and discoveries to be made. The riad is located a bit off-center in the Medina, but it will only take you 5-10 min to reach the center and it has the advantage of being reachable by taxi, which is handy if it’s your first time in Marrakech! The rooms are well decorated, quiet and cool and the breakfast is very good. The riad also has a pool should you want to relax after a day of shopping in the souks. Overall, a great find in Marrakech. We will absolutely stay there next time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

When we first arrived at the Riad Les Inseperables we were blown way by its authenticity; the attention to every detail; the expansive space and labyrinth of areas to explore. But most importantly, the warmth and welcoming friendship of the owner Julien, who has now become a fond friend of ours. Julien was largely responsible for turning our stay in Marrakech from an ordinary experience into an extraordinary experience that we will never forget.

Upon our arrival, Julien gave us a tour of his beautiful riad which revealed all the details that made his riad different from others. His commitment to authenticity sets him apart, even down to the last detail in the amazing Moroccan decor. The rooftop area is spectacularly large and arranged into unique sections. No matter how many guests there are you will always find a secluded area to enjoy your own relaxation both day or night, with lounges, cushions, sails, lamps, lanterns and to top it all off the views are amazing.

There is a solar heated pool downstairs which sits under a beautiful banana tree. The attention to detail even extends to this area as the pool is meticulously tiled in authentic Moroccan inspired mosaic prints.

And now to one of the aspects that makes this riad second to none. The food. Khadija, Julien's amazingly talented chef, prepares amazing authentic Moroccan dishes with quality far beyond that of any of the expensive restaurants in Marrakech. And we are picky food people. The menu is changed regularly to ensure variety and includes a range of tagine and other creative dishes, each equally delicious and equally authentic. You will not go hungry!!! In addition, the rooftop is a beautiful place to enjoy Khadija's breakfast feast, even in winter as the morning sun is still warm and cosy.

Having had the fortune of staying at the Riad Les Inseperables, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Julien makes the whole experience so much more authentic and enjoyable, it is like being part of a welcoming family in a foreign land. It was a privilege to stay there. We would recommend this riad to anyone and if you are lucky enough to stay there you will understand what we mean.

Thank you Julien and Khadija for such an amazing experience. We will be back.

Alison and Ian

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Julien and his staff made our stay in Marrakesh a very memorable one. Extremely cozy, very well decorated and renovated with art work from local artisans. The terrace is done extremely well, great place for socializing and/or enjoying the breakfast.
Julien provided us with maps, and took us for a tour from his Riad to the Market square, through the souks, past the museums, providing us tons of useful information.
Dining at this Riad is an experience. We spent the New Years eve here, it was certainly unforgettable - yummy food, good music, and got a chance to dance with all guests.
If I'm back in Morocco, I'll surely be back to enjoy the hospitality of this Riad.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
epsom, surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

i booked les inseperables on the strength of the tripadvisor rating/reviews and i was not disappointed.
as one reviewer has written below, it's about a 7min walk from where the taxi pickups/dropoffs are. from there you can pay around 20 dirhams to get to the main square (jem el fnaa). we met a lovely taxi driver called Omar who's number is 0641 959358. call him for your transfers and for any trips you'd like, and let him know that Ayub sent you :)
the riad itself is very nice and simply decorated, but that's the whole point of staying in a riad.
as mentioned below, julian is an absolutely awesome host, including walking us into the souks on our first day and welcoming us with mint tea and homemade biscuits which were YUM-ME :)
the roof terrace is very nice, although given the fact that marrakech is built on clay, rising damp means that any riad is likely to see moisture after a few years.
our room was nice, a small room around 8'x12' with a tiny shower room, can't really ask for more when you're there to explore the city :)
breakfast, for me, was awesome. lovely sweet bread with butter and preserves, fresh sweet orange juice, lovely pancakes and tea/coffee.
i'd concur with previous reviewers that the dinner, while very well cooked and definitely fresh, was a tiny bit overpriced.
to sum up, i couldn't fault julian and sufiane, they both went well beyond what one could reasonably expect from a guesthouse. both were friendly and extremely helpful.
the riad itself was wonderful to stay at, if a tiny bit far away from the 'action'.
i wouldn't hesitate, however, to stay here again.
thank you julian & sufiane for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

A lovely 'original' Riad 10 mins safe walk from the start of the souks. Perfect location - close enough to where it's all happening yet not in the midst of it all...a welcome quietness! Julian (owner) goes out of his way to describe the history and renovation of his Riad. How you can distinguish between a real Riad and new purpose built ones that are made to look like one. Once you know you appreciate it even more. It's not the most glam/bling/luxurious as some Riads or with some of the extras you'd expect from a hotel but you don't miss anything when you're a guest. Rooms are spacious and bathrooms have all you need - all v clean, well kept and more than comfortable. All the deco is as per the original design and Julian has gone out of his way to keep it this way which is lovely. The pool is a big pool for any Riad and a huge roof terrace with lots of space to relax and catch some rays/have a drink. There is a proper fire heated Hamam too and treatments can be booked. It's a perfect location to walk to top notch restaurants, local cafe's etc and easy also to catch a cab to places you can't walk to. Julian's kitchen offers great food too. I don't understand comments from other reviews about being 'over priced' or 'far' from anything.......!! Most people go to Marrakech and stay in a Riad to experience the local history, charm of the souks and other sights. If you want 5 star luxury then there are the appropriate hotels / 'boutique (mostly fake) Riads to choose from and plenty right in the main square (but don't expect any silence at all)...if the latter appeals for your trip to Marrakech, then this isn't the place for you. But I would highly recommend this Riad....It more than exceeded my expectations! Thank you....

Room Tip: Not all rooms are bookable via booking websites. So contact Julian directly to get the full choice.