“Nice & clean water park” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Alias : Parc aquatique Marrakech Aquapark Marrakech Waterpark Marrakech Piscine Marrakech Piscine chauffee Marrakech Piscine couverte Marrakech Enfants Marrakech Excursions Marrakech Jardins Marrakech Loisirs Marrakech Sports Marrakech Visiter Marrakech Services : Navette gratuite Parking prive de 400 places Securite 24h/24 Acces aux personnes a mobilite reduite Internet WIFI Maitres Nageurs Sauveteurs diplomes Coachs sportifs professionnels Vestaires avec douches et consignes Boutique avec presse internationale et articles de bain Bureau d'informations touristiques
Derbyshire, UK
4 attraction reviews
“Nice & clean water park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went here on 14th July with my son who is 3.5 years, my partner and a friend. It was our last day in Marrakech. We paid 100 dhs for a private lounge, basically this is like a cabana with a table & seating. However, there are no lockers, but the only valuable I had was my purse which I slid under the seating and which was perfectly safe and not touched.

Good points;
1. Very very clean. Pools were lovely and clean, really clean grassy areas. I was very impressed.
2. Lots of slides and although my son couldn't go on the big ones, we found the pirate lagoon had slides appropriate for his age and he enjoyed this.
3. The older ones in our party went on the large slides and had no problems with a lack of water as indicated in previous posts

Bad points;
1. We had intended to eat here in the evening as we didn't go until 2pm. However, when we went to purchase food at 5pm nowhere on the park was open for this purpose. The staff seemed very dismissive when we asked about this and we were disappointed.
2. Paying 100dh for our son who could only use the 3 small slides in the pirate lagoon and not the larger slides in the park.
3. Showers were FREEZING, and in the block we showered in there were only 3 showers working

We went after 2 pm so paid 170 dh per adult and 100 dh for my 3.5 year old son as he was above 0.8 metres. If you go before this time then it is more expensive. To be honest, after a few hours we had enough, but its a nice retreat from the heat of the city and my son had a blast

Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A fine Water Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a nice Water Park with lots of space - and when we visited - very few guests.

There are lots of green grass and trees for shadow. The grounds are well kept and everything looks nice.

Security rules are VERY strict and for my kids 8 and 3 several activities were not allowed. The good thing is that they take security very serious so it feels safe to let your older kids play.

The rides are fine and the wave pool is a hit. Don't expect really crazy rides, but expect a nice day with some good time for play.

It's easy to go by taxi to the Park and when you are ready to go home, the taxis are lined up outside.

Visited May 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Was OK for small kids. Very overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Went with three small children. They all loved it, but as far as older people go probably 3 decent slides.
Water was full of flies and leaves looked like it hadn't been cleaned.
Was an extremely hot day and had to pay extra for loungers which was a bit silly as your paying high enough to get in.
Food was very basic choice and not very appealing and very expensive.
Lockers were hard to find and again had to pay.
Everything was in French, and the life guards didn't speak any English.
So overall just a good day for the kids.

Barnstaple, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Ok as water parks go, bit pricey for what it is - should have gone too nikki beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Quiet, clean and relaxing, some good flumes, wave pool etc, just not what we wanted. Quite expensive at 220 dirhim each especially as we got there by taxi (there are free return minibus available) and arrived at 1pm (around 25% off after 2). Also, even though we asked him 3 times, the guy on the gate when we left told us the wrong place to wait for the free minibus, so ours was full whenwe found it. The Food was really tasty - great burgers - and good value
Top tips: get a free minibus, go early or after 2pm, bring a towel, get straight on the bus when you see it
We were sent here by the surly concierge at a Les Jardins de La Koutoubia near J'maa el Fnarr, who claimed his pool was fully booked - it wasn't. He then helpfully suggested we take his mate's taxi to a water park. I told him I didn't want a big place, just something smallish, like a hotel with a small pool, sun beds etc. after acknowledging all this, he changed the name of the water park and sent us on our way! Not the fault of the water park, but really annoying.

Batley, United Kingdom
“5* facade 0* customer relations and directorship.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a Muslim observing Islam, myself, wife and step son visited this park after extensive research including pricing, transport, the parks website, advertisements and supplied literature. As Muslims we were told my wife who is covered could not use any of the pools or attractions wearing a burkini. We all understood and accepted this as a safety issue etc. My wife in fact never desired to do so and only wanted to hire a cabana. Understanding this we paid for 3 people 210dh each and they gave us free lounger use. All well so far. I and my son entered the 1st pool and he was questioned about the suitability of his shorts. The life guard debated this with another life guard and someone wearing a catering apron. We were given the impression that they were able to make their own judgment on this matter. Apparently not, we were asked to go to administration and check. Which understandingly we did. A female member of staff was sent to us who said he should change his shorts, she lent him some which we accepted and were grateful. Some time later we went to the 2nd pool and I was approached by the lifeguard, "our director has phoned me and asked you to change your shorts". We thought they were confused, but he insisted. We returned to admin. My shorts were skin tight lycra no more than 2 inch below my knees, just above my belly button. This was not good enough for them they were just too long. Not a hygiene or safety issue clearly. Yes just too long. Imagine this I folded them up just above my knee, skin tight, difficult to do. Still not good enough. Now we think they are talking the P that does not belong in swimming pools and we felt antagonized. We had obviously not been in the park long so we demanded all of our money back. Suddenly what English they could speak stopped and we were looking at multiple blank expressions. I therefore demanded to see the Director, was told he was coming, was told he is here now, No 1st lifeguard who promptly told everyone he had also spoken to me about my shorts. That was just not true. We now sent our son to collect our belongings as we were going to leave. They assured us the Director was coming. The 1st female member of staff whom had already seen and not objected to my shorts arrived and I asked if she was the Director, NO. She offered me the same courtesy shorts. Not only did they not cover your knees they did not cover the belly button either. I could see my son wearing a pair. I refused them without trying them, and given all that had already gone on stood my ground. I demanded to see the Director, she said he was not there. Compromise offered by genuine man working on gate. Fold them up on inside, difficult but HE managed. However no compromise for me or Islam. I was asked if the item I was wearing on my arm was a camera??? Faced with silence at our request for our money back after only I had spent maybe 1/2 hour in 1 pool unchallenged and having spent 100dh more on a cabana we remained and I wore my shorts as they folded them and covered with a towel out of the pools etc. I however noticed after it became busier at least 6 people wearing shorts below the knee (only 1 skintight), unchallenged and even laughing and joking with lifeguards. They were groups of local teenage appearance. Underneath the westernised and professional facade of this park, it was no better than dealing with traders in the souks (no offence to the excellent souks). We had no right of complaint, no right to a refund and we were clearly not told the truth by staff one way or the other. Even the signage outside the park does not state the shorts have to be specifically above the knee. We could not access this on there website by PC or smart phone and no dress code is contained in their own literature. It was however clear the staff where not allowed to make sensible decisions and followed the Directors orders by any means. The Director, if there would not speak to me and we were not getting our money back. If accepted some shorts are a safety issue I can only wonder how the 1st and only lifeguard at that pool could leave it out of sight with swimmers in to communicate with other members of staff as we saw him do. As for everyone the dress code is allegedly 2 or 1 piece bikini, no burkini and shorts above the knees. As for the Director you are clearly responsible for messing us about, refusing refunds showing no allowance for Muslims in a Muslim country, unlike the western world which you clearly wish to provide for. You are clearly responsible for controlling your staff and placing them in this position where they resort to pretence and messing people about. You have this review because you could not be bothered to speak to me if you where there. Once your park has got its money and a visitor dress code is not considered suitable, even if this can not be ascertained prior, the choice you impose is compromise your religion or leave without a refund. Your staff should have been able to resolve this issue immediately and offer us a refund if we did not wish to compromise our religion. It did not require 2 joint visits to admin to discuss this with the same people. It also appeared to be you and your staffs intention to apply this policy without compromise from the outset. However you have to get round the fact that you also refuse to refund visitors money, even immediately after entry as noted by so many Muslims on Trip advisor. Clearly your staff and you feel the need to deal with this inappropriately. They may apologise and claim that they are not been rude, BUT IT IS RUDE. It is worth noting that I have used many countries Hotel pools, water parks etc, including in the UK wearing these shorts with no objection but you are of the most extreme, without warning. It is clearly the case that not only Muslim women, but men wishing to follow basic Islam are not welcome in your park. You solely welcome none and none practicing Muslims. There is certainly no point in visiting this park as a practicing Muslim with the exception of accompanying young children. To none Muslims I genuinely assure you this park is openly and knowingly offending local and tourist Muslims irrespective of consequence which genuinely concerns me for all in the present world situation.