“5* facade 0* customer relations and directorship.” 1 of 5 stars

Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Batley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“5* facade 0* customer relations and directorship.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

As a Muslim observing Islam, myself, wife and step son visited this park after extensive research including pricing, transport, the parks website, advertisements and supplied literature. As Muslims we were told my wife who is covered could not use any of the pools or attractions wearing a burkini. We all understood and accepted this as a safety issue etc. My wife in fact never desired to do so and only wanted to hire a cabana. Understanding this we paid for 3 people 210dh each and they gave us free lounger use. All well so far. I and my son entered the 1st pool and he was questioned about the suitability of his shorts. The life guard debated this with another life guard and someone wearing a catering apron. We were given the impression that they were able to make their own judgment on this matter. Apparently not, we were asked to go to administration and check. Which understandingly we did. A female member of staff was sent to us who said he should change his shorts, she lent him some which we accepted and were grateful. Some time later we went to the 2nd pool and I was approached by the lifeguard, "our director has phoned me and asked you to change your shorts". We thought they were confused, but he insisted. We returned to admin. My shorts were skin tight lycra no more than 2 inch below my knees, just above my belly button. This was not good enough for them they were just too long. Not a hygiene or safety issue clearly. Yes just too long. Imagine this I folded them up just above my knee, skin tight, difficult to do. Still not good enough. Now we think they are talking the P that does not belong in swimming pools and we felt antagonized. We had obviously not been in the park long so we demanded all of our money back. Suddenly what English they could speak stopped and we were looking at multiple blank expressions. I therefore demanded to see the Director, was told he was coming, was told he is here now, No 1st lifeguard who promptly told everyone he had also spoken to me about my shorts. That was just not true. We now sent our son to collect our belongings as we were going to leave. They assured us the Director was coming. The 1st female member of staff whom had already seen and not objected to my shorts arrived and I asked if she was the Director, NO. She offered me the same courtesy shorts. Not only did they not cover your knees they did not cover the belly button either. I could see my son wearing a pair. I refused them without trying them, and given all that had already gone on stood my ground. I demanded to see the Director, she said he was not there. Compromise offered by genuine man working on gate. Fold them up on inside, difficult but HE managed. However no compromise for me or Islam. I was asked if the item I was wearing on my arm was a camera??? Faced with silence at our request for our money back after only I had spent maybe 1/2 hour in 1 pool unchallenged and having spent 100dh more on a cabana we remained and I wore my shorts as they folded them and covered with a towel out of the pools etc. I however noticed after it became busier at least 6 people wearing shorts below the knee (only 1 skintight), unchallenged and even laughing and joking with lifeguards. They were groups of local teenage appearance. Underneath the westernised and professional facade of this park, it was no better than dealing with traders in the souks (no offence to the excellent souks). We had no right of complaint, no right to a refund and we were clearly not told the truth by staff one way or the other. Even the signage outside the park does not state the shorts have to be specifically above the knee. We could not access this on there website by PC or smart phone and no dress code is contained in their own literature. It was however clear the staff where not allowed to make sensible decisions and followed the Directors orders by any means. The Director, if there would not speak to me and we were not getting our money back. If accepted some shorts are a safety issue I can only wonder how the 1st and only lifeguard at that pool could leave it out of sight with swimmers in to communicate with other members of staff as we saw him do. As for everyone the dress code is allegedly 2 or 1 piece bikini, no burkini and shorts above the knees. As for the Director you are clearly responsible for messing us about, refusing refunds showing no allowance for Muslims in a Muslim country, unlike the western world which you clearly wish to provide for. You are clearly responsible for controlling your staff and placing them in this position where they resort to pretence and messing people about. You have this review because you could not be bothered to speak to me if you where there. Once your park has got its money and a visitor dress code is not considered suitable, even if this can not be ascertained prior, the choice you impose is compromise your religion or leave without a refund. Your staff should have been able to resolve this issue immediately and offer us a refund if we did not wish to compromise our religion. It did not require 2 joint visits to admin to discuss this with the same people. It also appeared to be you and your staffs intention to apply this policy without compromise from the outset. However you have to get round the fact that you also refuse to refund visitors money, even immediately after entry as noted by so many Muslims on Trip advisor. Clearly your staff and you feel the need to deal with this inappropriately. They may apologise and claim that they are not been rude, BUT IT IS RUDE. It is worth noting that I have used many countries Hotel pools, water parks etc, including in the UK wearing these shorts with no objection but you are of the most extreme, without warning. It is clearly the case that not only Muslim women, but men wishing to follow basic Islam are not welcome in your park. You solely welcome none and none practicing Muslims. There is certainly no point in visiting this park as a practicing Muslim with the exception of accompanying young children. To none Muslims I genuinely assure you this park is openly and knowingly offending local and tourist Muslims irrespective of consequence which genuinely concerns me for all in the present world situation.

Visited June 2013
30 Thank ADAM570

• Polish first
Kaiserslautern, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun & Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The water park is a very nice get way from the crowds of Marrakech. If you keep in mind that you are not in the U.S., and don't expect gargantuan thrill rides, you will be very satisfied. There are plenty of places to eat, and drink, a heated pool, a wave pool (5 minutes on, 15 off), a lazy river, and a handful of water slides. Some slides are tamer than others, but all in all, it is a really nice escape (especially on a super hot day) from the souks.

Visited June 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“great fun for all the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

It was peaceful and spotlessly clean. Not many waterslides overall, but a great place to spend the day with the kids.

Visited May 2013
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Not bad, but not for practicing Muslims (in a Muslim country!!!)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The park has a number of swimming pools and slides and is surrounded by beautiful landscaped gardens. There is a free ½ hourly bus to the park from behind the Koutoubia Mosque which we made use of. The toilets, changing rooms and showers were very clean. It was also very quiet.

1. Not one of the best water parks you'll visit in terms of slides\rides but for Morocco what you'd expect.
2. After paying so much money you shouldn’t be charged for deck chairs!
3. Water was cold. We went at the end of May 2013 and it was sunny all day and around 27 degrees so it would need to be much hotter for the water to warm up.
4. No lockers so you have to carry your stuff around with you.
5. Location was around 15 minutes from the city
6. The park does not allow Islamic swimwear such as Burkini’s or long swim shorts which I was totally disgusted by considering it is an Muslim country. Was too late to backout as the kids were looking forward to it so much. We had to pay full adult price to get in and couldn’t get in to the pools. Practicing Muslims would probably have to avoid this park.

Visited May 2013
8 Thank r3vi3w3r
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfect escape from hustle and bustle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were apprehensive after reading some negative reviews, however, after getting the highly convenient and only 15 minute, free shuttle service from the koutobia, and finding a beautiful gardened oasis at the other end we were made up.

After 4 days in sweltering Marrakech, this was the ideal getaway from the hustle and bustle and the heat.

We thought the entry price was justified, the food we had was 75 dirham for a pizza but tasted great so were more than happy to pay it in the end.

The park was clean, tidy, very well staffed, and the gardens were perfectly maintained and allowed for shady areas, and quiet retreats to sunbathe in.

There were enough slides to be entertaining, though they definitely don't compare with other big water parks you find in Europe. No queues meant they still packed plenty of fun into the day though!

Only problem we had was finding the lockers, they weren't as signposted, but in the shop near the entrance instead. Also, the dark painted wood on some of the bridges gets too hot for comfort when walking around barefooted.

Visited April 2013