We spent a long weekend in Marrakech to celebrate TB's birthday and booked Ambre et Epices and after a few emails with Patrice, requested the Trésor de Chine room, on the first floor.
We had a great time staying here, it's small enough to feel like a real guest home, but there is plenty of space to spread out and relax in the sun. Patrice and the rest of the staff are very welcoming and attentive - helping us to make restaurant bookings, helpful hints on attractions, and providing some champagne for a special birthday breakfast treat (there was even some singing!) If you want a chilled night without leaving the Riad, the team can also prepare a delicious traditional Moroccan meal for you, finished off with a glass of wine by the fire.
Like most buildings in the city, all the rooms face into the centre of the riad, meaning no exterior view. Heavy wooden doors are closed at night ensure that you're not woken to early by light, however in Marrakech, you're more likely to be woken by the early calls to prayer - this is unavoidable in the city centre, so pack earplugs if you're worried about getting a full night's sleep. The rooms are also individually decorated, so you can pick the one that best suits your taste.
If you're bad with directions, make sure you take detailed notes on how to find Ambre et Epices... you get the hang of it after a while, but it's not the easiest place to find.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the old district of Dar Elbacha and near the famous Souks, this old house, owned in the past to a large spice merchant, renovated with respect for the art and tradition of Morocco, will become your new address in Marrakech.Riad Ambre and Spices is a place of mixing to the refinement of its decoration inspired both of the East, Africa and India, all in an authentic atmosphere Marrakchi.Hammam, massage, swimming pool / jacuzzi, solarium and terrace . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Riad Ambre et Epices reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.