We were met at the train station (despite the train being 2 hours late!) and were driven to a point in the medina where one of the staff of the Riad met us and we proceeded on foot from there. It was dark and I was worried that we would never find our way out!!! When we arrived at the riad - like many others said it was an oasis! After the customary Paperwork for the government - and the forms - we had some traditional mint tea, then Patrice showed us on a detailed map where we were, and how to move around the medina! This orientation was exactly what we needed.
We had booked dinner that night of arrival in the riad - that too was a good idea.
If I could say 2 things - one is about the lights - for someone who was travelling with a person who has eye issues - the lights in the riad were often not bright enough. In my room on the first floor - the shower was really neat - but one could barely see to read a book at night.
Secondly - we made the booking on line - and fully expected to be able to pay for the 2 rooms with credit cards - and were quite disapointed when the day before check out - we learned that we could not ...
Despite these items - I can also say that patrice went above and beyound the call of service when one in our group was feeling ill - and we asked for some plain boiled rice. Despite no chef being at the riad that evening, Patrice stayed and cooked some rice and kept asking if there was anything he could do - send for medicine - etc.
I would stay here again in a heart beat!
- Also Known As:
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the old district of Dar Elbacha and near the famous Souks, this old house, owned in the past to a large spice merchant, renovated with respect for the art and tradition of Morocco, will become your new address in Marrakech.Riad Ambre and Spices is a place of mixing to the refinement of its decoration inspired both of the East, Africa and India, all in an authentic atmosphere Marrakchi.Hammam, massage, swimming pool / jacuzzi, solarium and terrace . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Riad Ambre et Epices reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.