Having just returned from a 4 night stay at the Riad Ambre et Epices, I can honestly say it is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in. After carefully debating about staying in a larger hotel further out of the city centre or a smaller traditional riad, we plumped for the riad, and we were not disappointed. After reading other reviews we decided not to go for an airport transfer and hopped in a taxi at the airport, this was much more reasonably priced, we paid about £14.00 to get there and about £7 to return (after getting into the swing of the haggling). Despite being down several narrow streets, once Patrice showed us directions to and from the hotel it was incredibly straight forward. The location of the riad could not be better, nearly all main attractions are within walking distance, and over our short stay we managed to pack in all the main attractions and a day trip to Ourika valley. We had half board at the hotel, and the food was as fabulous as the surrounds, we ate breakfast and dinner up on the roof terrace, and both meals had a good amount of variety and exceptional quality. The hotel was wonderfully decorated, traditionally but with a modern twist, it was impeccably clean and on arrival we were upgraded to the suite. Our room was lovely and overlooked the gorgeous dipping pool on the ground floor. The staff very attentive without being suffocating, all of our needs were met. Despite other comments we has hot water throughout our stay and were provided with delicious smelling Moroccan toiletries.. The staff and the quality of the hotel, helped make our trip truly perfect and I can’t think of anywhere id have rather stayed.
Tips – Take a third off nearly everything in Morocco, you have to haggle in the market, for taxi’s, for trips and for callache rides. Once you walk away, they soon meet your price.
Don’t book trips or taxi’s through the hotel, they are very over priced and there is a taxi rank very nearby where it is very easy to book a taxi. There is also a tour company called Mami Tours, which does really great deals on trips, its situated to the right of the taxis, and the lady who works in the office speaks fantastic English.
Bring a pen for the airport! We wish someone had told us this, as there’s a form to fill in at arrival to the airport and no pens are provided, we had to wait around for 15mins until we found someone willing enough to lend us one, then wait another 5mins to get another pen for my boyfriend’s form, nightmare!!
- Also Known As:
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel
- Riad Ambre Et Epices Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the old district of Dar Elbacha and near the famous Souks, this old house, owned in the past to a large spice merchant, renovated with respect for the art and tradition of Morocco, will become your new address in Marrakech.Riad Ambre and Spices is a place of mixing to the refinement of its decoration inspired both of the East, Africa and India, all in an authentic atmosphere Marrakchi.Hammam, massage, swimming pool / jacuzzi, solarium and terrace . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Riad Ambre et Epices reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.