“Great location, stylish, comfortable and superb service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Chi-Chi

Save Saved
You added Riad Chi-Chi to your Saves list
Riad Chi-Chi
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Derb el Anboub 12 | El Baroudiyines, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #222 of 1,034 Marrakech B&B and Inns
UK
“Great location, stylish, comfortable and superb service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

No need to add much to what's already been said really. Believe the reviews - this place is excellent. Wonderful warm, friendly service - unobtrusive but always there when you need it. Located just on the edge of the souks (but very peaceful), it's easy to find once you've got your bearings, and within walking distance of all the sights in the medina.
Riad Chi Chi is stylish, luxurious, comfortable - and very affordable. Places like this really set the standard.
We'd recommend it to anyone - particularly couples and single travellers - but children would be happy here too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

Lovely carefully restored riad, cool calm and immaculate! Very comfortable spacious bedrooms, super roof terrace. Excellent breakfast. Such helpful staff and owners, nothing too much trouble. We spent one night there on our way home and would love to return for longer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

While I would be inclined to agree with the last reviewer that the previous reviews seem artificial or contrived, which is disappointing, I must say I really loved this riad. Saleh looked after us really well, and our room was very nice (but could do with a splash more colour), cool, clean and comfortable. We were picked up from the airport, despite our flight being delayed and having to queue for an hour and a half at passport control. The breakfasts were fab - pain au chocolat, freshly squeezed orange juice, mint tea and yoghurts. I loved the location as it is not too close to the Djeema el Fna, providing an opportunity to explore the surrounding streets and souks. Overall, I would highly recommend riad chi chi. Thank you Saleh for looking after us so well.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I initially contacted their sister riad Ariha but it was full. I was thus redirected to this riad. I must say the prior reviews here _looked_ artificial (I might be wrong) but nonetheless I gave it a try based on the reputation of Riad Ariha.

The choice did not in anyway disappointed me.

It was at the end of an alley but it felt safe even when returning at night. Opposite the entrance of the alley was a grocery store where we bought our water and drinks each night. They opened late, i think that's why the place felt safe - there was always someone around. We did have a bit of difficulty finding the place when we arrived cos the taxi driver probably dropped us somewhere else.

Once inside it was all very welcoming atmosphere. The riad was brand new and in tones of light colours and white. The whole place was very airy and bright. Decor was simple yet stylish, contemporary yet well blended in with the traditional riad. Our room was on 1st floor. It came with good air-conditioning and showers. The place was spotlessly clean and beds were comfy. It was also very quiet and sleep was without problem. Room was cleaned daily as well.

The breakfast was standard fare but i especially liked the soft bread - not common to come by in Morocco or Europe. It was the service and hospitality that scored full marks. Since we arrive early the room wasnt ready, we were treated with Moroccan snacks/cakes while waiting for our room. On the day we left, we're treated with fresh orange juice as well - which really left a good impression to me.

The terrace did not give much view but was still a comfortable place to let time pass.

Location wise it was about 10min walk to the square, and 1min walk to museum - more time may be needed at night for getting lost though. <grin>

I gave it all stars. It;s a good overall choice for stay in Marrakech medina.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed at the Riad Chi Chi in April. Both with friends and on my own once my friends had gone back to London. Marrakesh can probably be a bit daunting when you're on your own, but Riad Chi Chi and the extraordinary high level of hospitality from the owner, Beryl, made a stay on my own one which I would happily repeat. The Riad is brand new and gorgeous it provided a perfect haven. The decor was gorgeous, with both traditional and modern styles. The rooms are faultless and will look perfect on the pages of any high class glossy travel magazine. A gorgeous sun terrace meant that we could make good use of the blistering sun. The use of a mobile phone to help me make contact with the Riad if I got lost in the Souk provided reassurance which was a great idea for us girls and especially for me once they'd all gone back home. The additional services of a massage in my room and an evening meal there too made it feel like a real treat and far away from the madding crowds outside. I can recommend this Riad and guarantee that I will be returning.

Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My partner and I have just returned from staying in Riad Chi Chi and we can truly say we loved it! A hidden gem, hidden in the historic medina away frm the hustle and bustle is this beautiful Riad. It is calm and tranquile and just what you need when returning from busy Marrkech. All of the rooms are beautifully designed and kept in tip top condition. The staff are very friendly and helpful, you really feel like it is a home from home. In Marrakesh the standard of food can vary substantially but in the Riad you can guarantee well prepared homecooked delicious morrocan food. If we were to go again we would definitley stay in one of their Riad's Chi Chi or Ariha. We stayed in both and they are just as beautiful as each other.
Dimitri & Aisha

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Northeast US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My daughter and I traveled to Marrakesh in May '09 to celebrate her graduation from college.We were seeking a different experience - we had been to Europe several times and she had spent a semester abroad in Italy. Marrakesh had always intrigued me, so off we went. When searching the Secret Places website, I had tried to book a room at the Riad Ahria, but they were full, and was referred to their sister riad - the Chi-Chi. Upon our arrival, the Riad sent a taxi to the airport which was very convenient, as well as a guide who met our taxi in a square in Marrakesh. Driving, and then walking, through the tiny,winding streets, it was obvious this was an exciting, interesting, and possibly overwhelming, and possibly dangerous, place for two western female travelers, and I began to get anxious. What would the hotel be like and how would we negotiate this maze of a city? Walking down the derb to the Riad, I tried to hide my nervousness from my daugher, who looked totally overwhelmed. When we stepped through the door and were greeted by Bader and Ilham in the quiet and freshness of Riad Chi-Chi, my anxieties vanished. The Riad is very new, spotlessly clean, and charmingly decorated - bright white building with each room as a different color theme. Bader and Ilham took total care of us our entire stay - orienting us to the city with maps and information and giving us tips on restaurants and shopping, The complimentary cell phones were a wonderful security - one night we took a wrong turn and got lost late at night and called Bader - he walked to where we were and escorted us back! When we got a little fatigued by the bartering with shopowners, Ilham took us to a craft shop, where she waited patiently for us for 2 hours while we bought crafts and souvenirs - at free trade prices with no bartering. We also went to the Riad Ahria for a hamman - I wasn't quite up to going to a public bath - and enjoyed it very much, as well as a tajine dinner cooked for us by their chef.
Riad Chi Chi and their staff made all the difference in our stay in Marrakesh, treating us like friends as well as guests. I hope to go back to Marrakesh again someday, and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riad Chi-Chi? Share your experiences!