“Beautiful bar/restaurant - an oasis of cool and relaxed ambience by the train station” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Metro 80 - CLOSED

Metro 80
77, avenue Hassan II | Guéliz, Marrakech, Morocco
05 25 06 03 84
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Was so pleased to find this place as my companion and I were desperate for a nice place for lunch and hadn't planned anything, and after looking at a few places he was getting very tired and grumpy when we came across this lovely restaurant, which is surrounded by bland and uninspiring restaurants on all sides. The decor is sublime (particularly the washrooms). The server was very friendly and the food was well presented and tasty. They do not seem to understand what the term vegetables means however as I was assured that a mixed salad dish I ordered was just vegetables but when it arrived it had eggs and cheese in it! The only niggle was that when I was checking the bill (the funny part was, I was only checking the individual items on the bill, I wasn't actually going to add them up to check the total, nor was my boyfriend who was paying, how dumb are we??), the server ran out and corrected the total downwards by 20 dirhams, which was very random. Despite this, we were looking forward to going back on our last day when we had some time to kill before our flight home but it was closed as it was on a Sunday! So my advice is, go, but check the total on the bill!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere