“Great value for money!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Anyssates

You added Riad Anyssates to your Saves list
Riad Anyssates
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   144 Derb El Bomba | Arset Ihiri, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #140 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
easington
“Great value for money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights at Riad Anyssates. Never having travelled to Morocco we decided to stay in a traditional Riad rather than a hotel. The main reasons for choosing this Riad was the offer of airport transfers as taxis can be a bit of a challenge, and having a bar on site which some Riad's don't offer. The manager (Nicolas) was very helpful, always on hand to answer any questions, and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating . Overall a very relaxing and tranquil atmosphere.

Kate & Andrew

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kate, dear Andrew,

Thank you for your very kind review of your stay in the riad. Reading that you liked every part of the stay is very rewarding for the team and I. We hope to see you return soon for another relaxing and tranquil experience in our Riad Anyssates!

Nicolas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

food isnt great, bit bland and repetitive even in space of a few days but nice to eat in when tired, rooms are basic but fine. we had the terrace and had to have all the windows shut as you can see in. but nice to have so much of it to ourselves most of the time. few plumbing issues that were sorted quickly. good water pressure which was nice. manager and most staff friendly and helpful. nice decor in riad, good massage. they could do with cleaning near their entrance...be warned where you are you will be woken up by the 4.30 am prayers, although its quite nice hearing it in a way! the fig jam at breakfast was nice. could do with more food choice.

Room Tip: i would think rooms other than terrace noisy as overlooking courtyard, also the manager smokes alot...
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay in the riad which help us greatly in taking conscience of our strong and weak points, it is in no small part thanks to reviews such as yours that we were able to update our breakfast for instance.
It pleases me to see that you had an overall positive impression but I wish we were able to satisfy you better. I hope that you will be back some day to enjoy the changes that we operated.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just back from four nights at Riad Anyssates with a friend. We enjoyed our stay so much that I feel inspired to write my first ever trip advisor review. If you are thinking of staying here do not hesitate - book now! The riad has the winning formula of being super relaxed and chilled, as well as extremely well organised. Nothing is too much trouble and it is clear that a lot of thought goes into making the stay a pleasurable and memorable one. The riad is very stylish - a lovely mix of traditional with modern touches. The bedrooms, courtyard and rooms radiating from it, and the roof terrace are all very welcoming and comfortable. Breakfast is simple but yummy and plentiful, and we had dinner at the riad twice after being out and about all day. Both suppers were delicious - my favourite out of all the places we ate in the city - and dining by the fire was particularly charming. The riad is very well located - a vibrant, pleasant walk takes you into the heart of the medina. It is also super easy to get a taxi if you fancy going further afield outside the city walls. My friend and I took advantage of the hammam and massage available at the riad, which was a lovely way to end our stay. I'd recommend asking the riad to arrange a hotel transfer from the airport - we got a taxi on our way back no problem but it felt nice to be met from our flight on the way there. I cannot think of a single negative thing to say about this place! It has a lovely vibe and I could quite happily move in! Thank you to Nicholas and all the team for being so charming and obliging. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Neera

It was a great pleasure welcoming you as was reading this warm review of your stay. The team joins me in thanking you for it and we hope to see you return someday soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel was fresh, stylish and welcoming with a laid back and relaxing atmosphere. Location was good but it is tucked away so can be difficult to find and it is not widely known by locals.

We were disappointed with dinner which we found to be plain, unadventerous and therefore very overpriced. We have enjoyed similar priced meals in equivalent riads which were far superior in comparison. Hiwever, the breakfast was very good.

Overall this is a very good Riad but avoid eating in.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it is great to see that you had a ggod time here with us, you will have to return to try our new cook's specialties though!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

went for a special pre-birthday trip with a girlfriend. Choose this riad because of the reviews but was disappointed. All rooms have windows towards the courtyard. Rooms are noisy if people are in the bar, late at night. I heard every word and had to sleep with ear plugs the entire stay. Not relaxing at all. Be aware if you are a light sleeper! And everyone smokes so I smelled it in my room. NO Non-smoking areas at all available. Room had little spider bugs in it. I killed at least 5 per day. I did not find the service overall friendly nor accommodating to requests and had to ask several times for breakfast, which seemed to take a long time to get. Once I had asked for breakfast and the couple who came after me got served first. It is a bit boring too with just juice, coffee/tea and jam and bread. For a weeks stay it was too much of the same. We did not find Nicolas informative nor helpful with information about tours etc. We found all informations ourselves. Location is great tho, easy access to everywhere. We walked it all with no problems. Also, told several times even at bookings that this was a special week and not one thing was done, said, nor prepared for us. I expect when someone is celebrating a special day, that something extra special is prepared, flowers in room, special drink or something extra will be provided but we received NOTHING. Not even a greetings as to the sorts. One week was too long in this riad. For a few days, ok but not a week. It did not feel like home nor were we treated as such. Would I book again here, NO.

Room Tip: Book the Terrace room on the roof, for the quietest room as long as no one is up there late at night...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your input regarding your stay in the riad.
It is a shame that you did not know that a riad is traditionnaly structured around a patio, with the windows facing inwards rather than on the busy streets of the medina and also because the medina is made mostly of buildings stuck together. I feel bad that it spoiled your nights.

This open air architecture also is the reason why there are no non-smoking areas in the riad, since the smoke goes up in the sky and dissipates, but please accept my apologies if someone smoke under your windows and we did not notice.

I also feel sorry that you were not happy with our breakfast, and so we changed it since then: with the homemade yogurt and jam, moroccan or english tea or coffe and the bread there is also everyday different kinds of cakes and pancakes, homemade too, as well as a fresh fruits salad. We chose not to have some of the traditional moroccan breakfast parts since it does not go well with most of our guests though.

On another note I distinctly remember discussing excursions and day trips with you, I was waiting for an answer or maybe more question from you but I should have checked back with you nonetheless, you have my excuses for this misunderstanding.

I just can’t stress enough how sorry I am that we were not able to make you enjoy the riad but otherwise feel relieved that our location at least was convenient for enjoying Marrakech.

Lomdon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were staying here and there was a problem with our friend's accommodation. The manager of Anyssates, Nicolas, could not have been more helpful. Phoned their Hotel repeatedly, sent his staff to navigate us and when there was no help, came personally to assist. When we found our Friend's hotel was unacceptable, he called around and found accommodation for them (Anyssates was full or we would have all stayed there).

Anyssates itself is lovely. Clean, nice and well laid out and feels very authentic. Would recommend it, and at the price is good value too.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review, helping you enjoying the riad and Marrakech was my pleasure and I would do it again anytime, hopefully soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We really liked this riad and in particular found Nicholas very kind and helpful although there are more authentic and charming riads available. For the price it was a great choice and had a lot of good points, but was not exceptional.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

A great many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us, it is great to see that you had a good time in the riad and apreciated the value of our services. I hope that we will get to welcome you again.

Nicolas

Been to Riad Anyssates? Share your experiences!