“Decent accomodation.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Amina

You added Residence Amina to your Saves list
Residence Amina
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3 rue ibn oudari | hivernage, Marrakech 44000, Morocco   |
Ranked #121 of 190 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Decent accomodation.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The staff were very helpful and courteous and made great efforts to help us find our way around. The resort arranges tours and we found this very useful in helping us to get to see something of this large country. We had a large, comfortable, clean one bedroom unit with living room and half kitchen. There were some English speaking western t.v. stations. The supermarket was walking distance but a challenge in the oppressive heat, you had to take a taxi back and negotiate the fare before entering it or be overcharged. The resort offers a shuttle service to the Souk and some other spots at a cost.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Comfortable and basic. Excellent location for restuarants, ATMs, taxis and proximity to the Square, station, Medina, souks and other places of interest. Serviced daily - but no dish washing and NO kitchen sink or bath plugs!! Minimal kitchen cookware - no kettle - takes ages to boil water on 2 plate cooker, rotisserie grill - no microwave. Fridge needed cleaning and defrosting. kitchen stuff - enough. Jacuzzi /spa out of order. Daily tour schedule available - recommend the half day orientation on 1st day - ask for Aziz - very informative and helpful especially if you don't speak French. Most desk staff very friendly and helpful. . Would go back for location and price.

Room Tip: top floors for a view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

First of all, tell you cab that the hotel is located off Mohammad VI, across from the Atlas hotel (otherwise you drive in circles forever!) The room was nice, a separate bedroom and then the main room had another sleeping area, living room and a small kitchen. There is a grocery and liquor store within easy walking distance, a great cafe on Mohammed VI just around the corner. You can walk down to the medina (about 20 min.), but cabs are also really cheap.The hotel staff were extremely nice and helpful, and the planned excursions were a nice way to explore Marrakech. The property is small and feels intimate, with a beautiful lobby, Wi-fi, and a smallish pool (but I almost always had it to myself!) The hammam baths downstairs were under rennovation and the hot tub was not functioning when I was there.

Room Tip: I think this hotel is available mainly through RCI, so I have no idea about rates. I think it is af...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I was in a 2 bedroom condo, where the second bedroom was a "nook" opposite the kitchen, the 5th bed is a sofa (which I was aware off) but they didn't provide any bedding other than one blanket. The windows were drafty hence very cold, only 1 air conditioning unit in the open plan lounge/2nd bedroom/dining room and kitchen, so it was never warm enough, we told them about it and they provided a portable plug-in heater, which was removed from the room, whilst we were out the following day. The kitchen has a 2 plate electric plug camping stove, which took 20 mins to boil water for a cup of tea, with dodgy sockets attached to the side of a wooden cupboard. The dinner set provided was chipped and cracked thoughout. An already cracked cup broke during my stay and they charged me 66 dirham. I explained that it was already cracked and broke because I poured something hot into it (not unusual to do that).....they didn't want to know and to avoid arguing...I paid.The jacuzzi and sauna didn't work (no apologies no explanation). The "flatscreen" TV and satelite channels as advertised.. was actually only 1 tv in the hotel reception area and was atleast 10 years old so the 32 inch screen tv had an approx. 32 inch depth as well. There were only 2 channels we could watch in english (no other subtitled channels either) bbc world news and cnbc. The bathtub was also chipped, the shower screens would fall out of the grooves if you tried to move them, the shower itself didn't work...so when you run the shower the tap stays on and fills the bath, the water drains out slowly so by the time you finish your shower you are standing in 9inches of water. There was a leak under the hand basin and water was dripping onto the bathroom floor, every time someone used the hand basin, I would have to wipe the floor because it made the floor very slippery. Thumbs up to the taxi company the hotel uses, for coming back to the airport to return something we left in the car... we paid him £10 because we had already exchanged our currency back to sterling......but it was worth it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
worcestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

The rooms are clean and a fair size. Little space for preparing and eating a meal if you wanted to do proper self catering. The Carpets in the hallways are threadbare. There is a small pool but you are unable to lie by it as there is no room. There are a couple of areas away from the pool where you can sunbathe but will need to bring your own towels and would be lucky to find a sunbed if the hotel were busy (it wasn't when we were there). The apartments are a good half an hour walk from the centre which is difficult to find as most of the roads have no names on. It took us over an hour on the first night to find our way back to the apartments. At the end of the holiday we were presented with a bill for 250 dirhams and told this was for electricity. To be fair it was in tinyh writing on our booking but we didn't see it. We tried to argue that it was 250 for the week and we had only been there 3 days but were told it was a set price.
All in all it was still a cheap apartment but would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

Stayed at the resort with friends. Staff were very friendly. Wonderful views of the Atlas Mountains from our room window and the rooftop bar. Resort is pleasant, although tired could do with a refit, carpets threadbare in places on landings. On the whole very happy with the room that easily acommodated sleeping 4. There were a few problems. Reception could not change sterling for Dirhams. Had to get maintenance to change shower head in main bathroom and air con didn't work properly in bedroom. Bar was dissapointing, hardly served any beer and no wine. One occasion at the bar, no bar tender and when we called for assistance no one appeared. Main dissapointment was that the pool was out of action during our stay and we had no idea this was going to be the case prior to arriving. The resort was charging approximately £8.00 for 3 hours (3pm - 6pm) to use a pool elsewhere. Being as they advertise a pool in the RCI write up, I would expect that if it's out of order then they offer services elsewhere free of charge. We didn't take up their alternative offer and felt it was a rip off. Didn't take up any offer of tours, booked our own independently. We had a good holiday and the resort was adequate, but we took advantage of the local bars for breakfast, drinks and used the local ATM. Wouldn't go back to this particular resort.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

I booked this resort for one week with my other half in studio flat, and when I got there been asked to Pay £25 for elctricity charge befor i got my key which i haven't been adviced, and my unite was very Tired the toilet was very old and avery time i used the cooker or the ketel the elictricity wen off!! I need to call d recption and the end of my last 2 dayes I asked the cleaner 2 change my bed sheet and find out my mattress had Blod Staine I was Horried. the swimming Pool was broke and I had my feet riped off due 2 the tiling broke. all in all I enjoyed being the resort so close 2 Town but i woulden't go there againe, the receptionsit what rip off with Prices of the Spay and massage or Touring Trip naver Book with them they charg way to much even Taxi to airport just walk to Street and you easly find one and naver pay more then £5 the longest jurney you go to in Marrkash!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Amina? Share your experiences!