This was the second time I visited Marrakech having previously visited with friends in a different Riad I was with my wife, in December 2013.
My initial view of the Riad was positive and having been guided through the mysterious routes through the spice market I was surprised to enter this home of peace and tranquility. The common area downstairs was beautifully lit with candles shimmering across the small pool.
The positives in my opinion were:
* The place was decorated beautifully
* It was always smelling extremely nice.
* The riad had the best mint tea I've had in Morocco.
* I stayed in the Tibetan room and the favourite room. The Tibetan was more private but I preferred the favourite as it was well located and had an open fire place which we got Yaseen to light with log fire. Beautiful on a cold winters night. Very romantic.
* breakfast was awesome, local in house cook.
* location was 10/10 just behind palace Bahia.
* No need for taxis very good location
* staff members Yaseen , Rida and the Cook Fatima couldn't have done anything better. Very friendly and well spoken fluentenglish.
* the owners are at hand at all times and accommodated as at all times.
* they made sure we didnot have any trouble
* location was very lively and joyous at night in the local streets. Riad was peaceful.
* I recommend trying the in house cuisine. It's really good.
overall an excellent experience if u want to really experience the real morocco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Azoualy is located in the Medina of Marrakech, in the middle of the Mellah, the ancient Jewish quarter of Marrakech, a few steps away from the Bahia Palace and a 10 minute walk from the legendary Jemaa-El-Fna square. The Riad Azoulay combines the comforts, the traditional ambiance and the charm of old riads. The building has been restored to its former splendor of the past using the traditional materials, finishes and techniques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Azoulay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.