With the rating that this property has received -- I can safely say that it is deserved. I stayed here with a couple of my friends for a long weekend. A couple highlights from our stay:
• The staff was absolutely incredible and could not be more helpful. Whether it was helping you plan your day or deliver breakfast, the service was exceptional.
• The location was very tranquil and the building was very comfortable and serene - not 5 star luxury but very nice all the same
• The morning breakfast was delicious with an assortment of pastries, eggs, and yogurts. The freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee was especially good
• The only quasi negative is the location, since it is not central and the immediate surrounding area (about 3-4 minute walk to a main park) would leave some nervous to walk alone late at night
The only other thing that I should warn people about, (but surprisingly did not really bother any of us) was that at ~4am the Mosque next to the hotel broadcasts prayers at a very loud volume. However, once it is over we would all just go back to sleep. From walking around all day we found we had no problem falling asleep.
Overall, an excellent Riad with exceptional service (cannot emphasize enough how great the service was) - great for couple or groups. I would recommend booking car service to and from the airport.
As a side note -- on Saturday night we went to Montecristos and had an amazing time -- shisha, plus live music and even a club upstairs. Good drinks, very good setup and it made my friends and I realize how much we miss good live music.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Azoualy is located in the Medina of Marrakech, in the middle of the Mellah, the ancient Jewish quarter of Marrakech, a few steps away from the Bahia Palace and a 10 minute walk from the legendary Jemaa-El-Fna square. The Riad Azoulay combines the comforts, the traditional ambiance and the charm of old riads. The building has been restored to its former splendor of the past using the traditional materials, finishes and techniques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Riad Azoulay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.