“Stunning!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   km 9 route de l'Ourika, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #149 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
“Stunning!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My good friend had her wedding here! Best wedding experience of two cultures coming together. Amazing place and amazing staff!! Clean, tidy and spacious! Staff are so friendly and welcoming! Food is beautiful! Ideal for families with children, couples and celebrations (weddings etc) I know I will return again! Thank you Amandine and Nicolas! X

• Stayed May 2013

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding here in May. We rented the whole riad for 3 days 2 nights accommodating 25 people or so. The price was very reasonable and I couldn't of asked for a more beautiful day or place for our special day. Food was always good and we had use of all facilities. Please see pictures x

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Again an amazing weekend at le domaine. I always hate to leave because it's so calm and peaceful. Armandine et Nicolas merci x
The place is amazing and truly beautiful they have a new chef who is fun funny and an amazing cook I love it so much here I am having my wedding here in May!!
If you want a nice quiet retreat this is the place x

• Stayed September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We arrived at this property yesterday. It was very difficult to locate. We could not get a reply on any of the phone numbers listed on our booking reference, the property's website or their signage. After 30 minutes sitting outside a locked gate a shocked local woman opened up. She informed us that the "Madame" (owner?) was on holiday and that there was no booking for us. Showing our booking reference number made no difference. We were sent away. Today we were charged a cancellation fee. Disgraceful!

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else if you want to be sure of a bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed in this beautiful place for a wknd and everything was really up to our expectations, the warm welcome of Amandine and Nicolas, the clean, spacious and charming suites, the nice pool. The staff are very helpful as well, and there is nothing that one can complain about ! will definitely come back to enjoy the place and to play with our new friend: Balo the dog !

Room Tip: you can ask to be placed in suites closer to the pool !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

WOW! This is the first thing when I said when I walked into the garden area of the Riad. I was absolutely speechless.
I had travelled to Marrakech to visit my boyfriend and as a surprise he arranged for us to stay the weekend in L'Ourika. And what can I say..... I was absolutely blown away!
Armandine and Nicholas are the nicest most welcoming couple I've ever encountered. And what people say are true.... They could give Mr and Mrs Pitt a run for their money! Even with the language barrier they made me feel so welcome (I speak very little French and my bf being Moroccan is fluent and had to talk for me). But regardless of that, every time we saw them it was kisses and pleasantries and they were always so happy to see us and make sure we were ok.
We stayed in the Riad, we never left from the moment we arrived. The food was amazing. The cooks there are welcoming and sweet. Its pretty much like a home from home. Nothing is ever a bother to them and your very much welcomed into their 'home' by the staff and owners.
We had a beautiful 2 bedroom suite located in the block to the left of the pool. We had a lounge bathroom and a private terrace. The weather wasn't great for this time of year so we only got a few hours of sun in which I managed to get severely sunburnt! Which amused everyone no less lol! Even myself, Because it didn't feel hot at all! My bf and I got a few hours by the pool with our own music and just did nothing no talking just silence and it was perfect and no one complained.
The owners had family visiting from France while we were there and they were lovely! Nicholas' mum is a sweetheart!
And onto the next family member... Baloo.... Mon Beau Chien..... My newest friend.... Hes the sweetest kindest cuddliest dog ever! Dont let the growls and the barking when you first arrive scare you cause after you get out of the car he's all over you with so much love! My bf got jealous because Baloo got more attention than he did!
I really cannot wait to go back to L'Ourika. My mum is coming to Marrakech with me in September and we plan to take her there as a treat (my mums is a sun worshipper and has already told me where she will be sitting by the pool) and let her relax away from the dustiness of the city.
As everyone else has mentioned: Speak enough French to hold a conversation, Take suncream, and be a dog lover.
You will not find anywhere as magical and beautiful within the radius of Marrakech, this place is truly it!

Armandine et Nicholas Merci pour votre merveilleuse hospitalité. Moi et Hicham a eu un week-end incroyable! Je ne peux pas attendre de vous rendre visite à nouveau!

Room Tip: All the suites are located around the pool. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I came, I saw, and was not conquered - I was bowled over. As you come off the main road and start the three kilometre drive to this hidden gem be prepared to drive along a long dusty road until you reach this hidden haven. Be prepared to be amazed and do be prepared to speak some French! I was welcomed with open arms and because I can speak the language I was immediately invited to join the family who had gathered to celebrate a birthday of one of the children.

Armadine is a pretty, lively, warm and welcoming lady. Her husband Nicholas is delightful and both have better looks than Branjolina - maybe this is the new Nichomandine as they both have movie star looks. This couple are adorable. You are made to feel at home and join in . It was still a tad cool for lounging by the pool - but that was because there was a little wind. By late March that will not longer be an issue. This place is quiet - very quiet and after 3 days of noise and hussle in Marrakech it was like balm to the soul. With the snow capped Atlas mountains in the background, the whole place looks like a stage for an elegant movie shot. The apartments - they cannot be called rooms are spacious and airy and clean as a whistle. I breakfasted and dined well on delightfully cooked meals that tasted as though they were prepared for a family rather than a hotel guest. There is wine or beer on request and breakfast is washed down with freshly squeezed juice and it was delicious. They clearly have access to an excellent Boulanger as the bread and Petits Pains were of excellent quality. You will never leave the table feeling hungry.

As others have said (mostly in French!) the design is a beautiful pool surrounded by a few pavilions. I had a large sitting room and a small kitchenette. Water was left out with glasses - There were two rooms - one with a fair size double and the other with two single beds. The shower and toilet completed the suite - there are lashings of extremely hot water so a little testing is needed to make sure that it is not too hot. Wifi is available - but you need to do this from the restaurant as the signal does not reach the room. I would add that Expedia had booked me in as two people - Armandine charged me less than I had been quoted as single occupancy was cheaper. I was impressed at the honesty as I would never have known had she not mentioned that as my confirmation said - single traveller. Full marks to Armandine.

Let me stress this is genuine family home - they have two rather sweet children and dog who rejoices in the name Baloo (as in The Jungle Book). I was taken under the wing of their lovely friends who were also staying and found that by a remarkable co-incidence we have mutual acquaintance! Nichomandine will drive you anywhere you need to go.

I could go on and on - the only word of caution to people who do not know the locality is that this is out in the wide blue yonder - this is not a place where you can just wander over to the Post Office or the chemist - outsde the gate there are just fields - but that is what is wonderful to me - the isolation and yet the note of comfort and luxury. Do note that they cannot accept cards as they just do not have the throughput to get a card machine -so cash is required - just be aware.

The highlight of my stay was waking one night - I am unsure of the hour and it matters not - and seeing the entire pool area bathed in moonlight. I will never forget that for the rest of my life.

If you get the impression that I fell in love with the place - you are right. I'll be back sooner if not later. Do not hesitate - you will be enchanted in this palace in the desert.

Room Tip: They are equally delightful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Le Domaine de L'Ourika? Share your experiences!