“Great Riad in perfect location” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb el Cadi 51 | Azbezt, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #116 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
“Great Riad in perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Everything I read on this Riad was right on the money. The trip started well when we were able to arrange transportation from the airport with Houda (on very short notice) to the Riad, which would have been otherwise very difficult to find. It sits in the heart of the Medina, minutes walk from everything. 3 minutes in any direction takes you to the vendors, shopping and crazy sights and sounds that would draw you to Marrakech. Once the door opens and you enter, everything outside is a million miles away. Houda was very gracious and accommodating as was her staff. The room was superb. It had all the traditional feel of being in Morocco, was extremely comfortable and most of all was quiet. My one bit of advice would be to come to Marrakech with cash in hand to do all your transactions (as this could save you even more on what is an amazing bargain destination/also, you get a better rate in town than you do at the airport, airport 8.7 to the dollar, town 8.82 to the dollar). To Houda and her staff, I say thank you for helping us make the most of our trip to Morocco and we will return in the future.

Room Tip: If given the chance, ask for one of the upstair rooms overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

All the staff are friendly, welcoming and most hospitable! Jemal is very professional and polite, Isha the chef provides excellent food and even gave me a cooking lesson, Boushra is the house keeper and Houda the riad manager is very engaging and offers lots advice on the locals, haggling and things to do. The riad was a welcome haven from the busy streets and only a 10 min walk from the main square. Once you've ventured out once or twice it is very easy to get your bearings. I would definatly visit again! One very small thing that could improve the riad overall would be a lunch menu for the days where the square gets to much.

• Stayed August 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We loved this riad which was situated in the middle of the medina and a short stroll to the square. We stayed a week and really felt welcomed. All of the staff made us feel at ease and relaxed during our stay. The house manager, Houda, was particularly attentive and friendly and arranged outings for us during our stay, nothing was a problem. An added advantage of this riad is the plunge pool for cooling down after a busy and hot day. The rooms are extra large and comfortable and include a small minibar fridge. We would definitely stay here again. A big thank you to Houda and the staff!.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our stay at Riad Les Ammonites was wonderful on every level. Houda and her team provided very attentive service; more like a welcoming (“you’re almost family”) atmosphere. Mint tea and biscuits upon arrival …and all day if you like.

The location is excellent, just steps away from the market and Medina chaos. The riad is located on an alley with no car access which makes it very quiet oasis and also a little hard to find. It’s best if you arrange transportation through Houda to the riad to ensure a stress-free arrival.

The amenities are fabulous, we made good use of the courtyard plunge pool to the rooftop deck. Our Suite Menzeh was wonderful and had a very chic bathroom. All of the individually decorated suites are quite large.

We enjoyed the traditional Moroccan dinner; their cook Leila is excellent. You’ll enjoy a much better breakfast if you eat after 8:00 AM, as that’s when the cook arrives. They also provide laundry service for a modest fee.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Suite Menzeh is large, has a King bed and overlooks the courtyard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Granada, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In all my years of traveling and especially having visited Marrakech more than once I can truely say that this Riad has been the highlight of all my visits to the beautiful Moroccan city. From the start I managed to have great correspondence with Miss Houda who was prompt and efficiant in organizing my stay. There was someone from the Riad to pick me up at the airport and a full breakfast set for me on arrival at the Riad. My first impression was that it was right in the center of the Madina tucked in a safe little alley ..the entrance to the courtyard was pretty and welcoming ..the patio is unique with its spiral shaped pool..I was given a beautiful room on the First floor which I LOVED SOOOO MUCH ..I felt like a queen and was treated like one by the friendly staff to whom I warmed up and spent lots of time chatting with..by the third second day I was upgraded into a gorgeous red suite beautifully furnished and immaculately clean. by the third day I was so comfortable I had breakfast in the Kitchen with the cook ( Aisha ) who was so sweet ..she thought me some Moroccan cooking and along with Houda and Jamal ( the house keeper ) It felt like being with family.. I had a great time and even thou I was late for my flight on the last day , poor Jamal put up with me and the organized a good transfer. I would love to return as soon as possible to this riad. It surely added a special touch to my visit.

Room Tip: if you wish to get your transfer organized I recommend you contact the staff member of the riad befo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Title sounds like an ebay review but Houda was a most welcoming host when we stopped for 4 nights in February and couldn't do enough for us. It wasn't the easiest place to find but once you're inside the Riad, it's an oasis of calm.

Jamaal was the most attentive and well mannered member of staff I've ever met to have a cold beer waiting in your room for you each night was superb. Breakfast was fine and our room was of top quality.

If you want to stop in a Riad that's bang in the middle of the Medina then give this a go.

Room Tip: Marrakech Suite is the most private one in the Riad.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A warm Riad with an even warmer welcome. Tucked away in a quiet alley, deep in the medina, is this perfect blend of traditional and contemporary styles. So quiet and tranquil it’s hard to believe the scooter chaos of Marrakech is just outside. Houda and her lovely staff welcome guest (in French, Italian, English to name a few languages) with open arms, and of course tea. Each room is unique and worth having a tour. The in-house chef makes marvelous traditional meals, served in a dining room complete with fireplace. You never have to leave the Riad, and I extended my stay and did just that. I arrived very ill after an experiment with street food and they treated me like a caring mother, fetching a local tea and catering simple foods to aid in my speedy recovery.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Les Ammonites? Share your experiences!