“It's like coming home” 5 of 5 stars

Brighton, United Kingdom
“It's like coming home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Trust the good reviews.
I've stayed here 3 times now, and every time it gets better.
Christophe and Andre are the perfect hosts, at the Riad every morning and evening, more than willing to help with whatever you need - from shopping for slippers to arranging a trip to the Sahara. I followed their recommendation to Pepe Nero restaurant, and have now dined there 4 times. The rest of the staff are very polite and helpful, nothing too much trouble, nice genuine people.
The location is so very easy from the main square, and in a safe area. Absolutely perfect, with the big bonus of a view over the square from the rooftop terrace. (watch the chaos with a glass of wine in your hand).
To try and give a balanced review, I've racked my brains trying to think of a downside. The only downside I can think of is the rooms are a little small, but considering your location in Marrakech and the view from the terrace, it represents outstanding value for money. The downstairs patio and lounge are nice areas to relax in, so you wouldn't want to be in your room anyway. Typical Riads have small bedrooms, and this is a typical Marrakech Riad.
The quality of sleep is great, no traffic or street noise at all. Always hot water. air con if you need it.
Really, unless you want the 'marble palace' style riad, don't hesitate to book this - It's super friendly helpful staff will really help you get whatever you want from your visit, and it wont cost the earth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

1,162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Fun place, fun owners and ideal location. The Riad is just behind cafe de France, off the Jema el Fina square and the noicefactor! From the roof terrace the view is highly entertaining and in the mornings when the excellent breakfast is served, a haven of peace and quiet.
The rooms, relatively small but colorful and comfortable are very reasonably priced and there is parking (and porters) just accross the square.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Middlewich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the Riad Andalla (my wife and I plus my parents). I can only echo what the other favourable reviews have said. The Riad is excellently located and the rooftop terrace not only enjoys great views but is a comfortable and relaxing place to escape the medina. The rooms are cosy and really well decorated and the communal areas are very nicely done. Breakfasts are good (pancakes, breads and the same great orange juice you can find in the Jemaa el fna). The recommedations and contacts for food and trips are also well worth listening too (we had a very enjoyable trip into the Atlas mountains). Best of all though are Christophe, Andre, Younis and the rest of the staff. They are always cheerful, enthuiastic and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they go the extra mile to make sure your stay is special. They also respond very quickly to email questions prior to our trip. In short, they have done a fastastic job turning this Riad into a 'must stay' place in Marrakech and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others as we would stay here again the next time we visit this great city.

Matt and family (UK)

Cordes-sur-Ciel, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

For great hospitality and an ideal situation, it's hard to beat this stylish riad in the centre of Marrakesh, with its roof terrace overlooking the Jema el Fnaa. The welcome from the owners, André and Christophe, immediately made us feel at home, as we stepped in from the winding alleyways into the Riad Andalla. Breakfast in the roof terrace was the ideal way to start the day in this hectic and fascinating city, and our beautifully decorated room was just the place to relax and recover after a foray out into the streets. If you want to experience the real Marrakesh, give the 5-star hotels a miss, and come to this great riad in the city's vibrant heart.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I´ve never been to Marrakech before, and my stay started with a mint tea at this riad. I must say that I was received very well by the people in Riad Andalla. My room was in excellent condition and it was a very nice room, decorated in Morocco style. The breakfast is another great stuff from this Riad. You enjoy it with a great view from square Jemaa al Fna. Christophe gave me excellent tips from Marrakech to make my trip better. The location of this Riad is privileged. I'll be back to this Riad as soon as I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The adventure started when we lead by a local guide down the Rue de Banques off of Jemaa el Fna square, we were taken through a winding left and right alleyway to the Riad Andalla. We were greeted cordially with big smiles from the staff and were escorted to the roof terrace. After being offered mint tea and local biscuits, Christophe gave us a really informative insight to the 'does and do nots' of the local area, Also good advice of the 'must sees' of the area on a short visit.

Our rooms were impeccable, serviced daily and any request was never a problem. Staff were always on hand, smiling and making our stay comfortable.

The breakfast terrace was superb, as was the breakfast. Warm bread, honey, marmalade, peach jam, warming coffee, all served with a truly heartfelt 'Bonjour' to start your day. The terrace was also perfect for a mid afternoon or early evening break with a nice glass of chilled wine served by the willing staff.

When you come out of the Derb (alleyway) you can turn left to go to the square or turn right which takes you directly into the souks and to the museums and palaces, the location cannot be equalled. Sunset on the roof can only be described as 'Magical'

We will tell friends, we will tell travellers, we will remember. We will be back.

Thank you Christophe, and your ladies, and the very handsome Younes.

Room Tip: Enjoy the romance.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friends and i checked in to Riad Andalla on 26 Feb 2013 and stayed for a total of 3 nights

GREAT HOSPITALITY
After I made our bookings online, we received a customised welcome email reply from Christophe to thank us for making Riad Andalla our choice accommodation and he looked forward to welcome us! Also, he asked if we will require any transfer - Man... I thought we will only get this in 5* star hotel!

When we reached the Riad, we were welcomed by the friendly staff who offered us cookies & home made Moroccan Mint Tea. I need to really compliment that the decor of the place made us feels welcome and it was very cozy as though we are living as one big family. Please go to Christophe if you need excellent food & beverage venues and hamman.... (He will show you his fantastic map drawing skills ;p)

EXCELLENT HOUSEKEEPING
The ladies tidied our rooms daily, keeping it neat and clean. When we reached the Riad, I was just asking my friend how woud the hygenie level be. Now I can proudly share with you 100/100!

GREAT LOCATION
It was situated in a very good location in the old town with all the best actions that you wouldnt want to miss! It really beats staying in the new town with all the 5 star properties etc. The Night Market & Medina was less than 5 mins away!

I would definitely not hesitate to stay in Riad Andalla when I revisit Marrakech again in near future. & before I forgets... Did I mentioned breakfast is served as well? - of coz not just your usual bread & butter ;)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Andalla? Share your experiences!