“Perfect start to a holiday in Morocco” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Andalla
15 Derb Zaari | Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #38 of 1,053 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Cordes-sur-Ciel, France
“Perfect start to a holiday in Morocco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

For great hospitality and an ideal situation, it's hard to beat this stylish riad in the centre of Marrakesh, with its roof terrace overlooking the Jema el Fnaa. The welcome from the owners, André and Christophe, immediately made us feel at home, as we stepped in from the winding alleyways into the Riad Andalla. Breakfast in the roof terrace was the ideal way to start the day in this hectic and fascinating city, and our beautifully decorated room was just the place to relax and recover after a foray out into the streets. If you want to experience the real Marrakesh, give the 5-star hotels a miss, and come to this great riad in the city's vibrant heart.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I´ve never been to Marrakech before, and my stay started with a mint tea at this riad. I must say that I was received very well by the people in Riad Andalla. My room was in excellent condition and it was a very nice room, decorated in Morocco style. The breakfast is another great stuff from this Riad. You enjoy it with a great view from square Jemaa al Fna. Christophe gave me excellent tips from Marrakech to make my trip better. The location of this Riad is privileged. I'll be back to this Riad as soon as I can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The adventure started when we lead by a local guide down the Rue de Banques off of Jemaa el Fna square, we were taken through a winding left and right alleyway to the Riad Andalla. We were greeted cordially with big smiles from the staff and were escorted to the roof terrace. After being offered mint tea and local biscuits, Christophe gave us a really informative insight to the 'does and do nots' of the local area, Also good advice of the 'must sees' of the area on a short visit.

Our rooms were impeccable, serviced daily and any request was never a problem. Staff were always on hand, smiling and making our stay comfortable.

The breakfast terrace was superb, as was the breakfast. Warm bread, honey, marmalade, peach jam, warming coffee, all served with a truly heartfelt 'Bonjour' to start your day. The terrace was also perfect for a mid afternoon or early evening break with a nice glass of chilled wine served by the willing staff.

When you come out of the Derb (alleyway) you can turn left to go to the square or turn right which takes you directly into the souks and to the museums and palaces, the location cannot be equalled. Sunset on the roof can only be described as 'Magical'

We will tell friends, we will tell travellers, we will remember. We will be back.

Thank you Christophe, and your ladies, and the very handsome Younes.

Room Tip: Enjoy the romance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friends and i checked in to Riad Andalla on 26 Feb 2013 and stayed for a total of 3 nights

GREAT HOSPITALITY
After I made our bookings online, we received a customised welcome email reply from Christophe to thank us for making Riad Andalla our choice accommodation and he looked forward to welcome us! Also, he asked if we will require any transfer - Man... I thought we will only get this in 5* star hotel!

When we reached the Riad, we were welcomed by the friendly staff who offered us cookies & home made Moroccan Mint Tea. I need to really compliment that the decor of the place made us feels welcome and it was very cozy as though we are living as one big family. Please go to Christophe if you need excellent food & beverage venues and hamman.... (He will show you his fantastic map drawing skills ;p)

EXCELLENT HOUSEKEEPING
The ladies tidied our rooms daily, keeping it neat and clean. When we reached the Riad, I was just asking my friend how woud the hygenie level be. Now I can proudly share with you 100/100!

GREAT LOCATION
It was situated in a very good location in the old town with all the best actions that you wouldnt want to miss! It really beats staying in the new town with all the 5 star properties etc. The Night Market & Medina was less than 5 mins away!

I would definitely not hesitate to stay in Riad Andalla when I revisit Marrakech again in near future. & before I forgets... Did I mentioned breakfast is served as well? - of coz not just your usual bread & butter ;)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Have just returned from a fantastic stay in Marrakech, thanks largely to our stay at Riad Andalla. The location is perfect, it feels like you are enjoying a really genuine Morrocan experience. Christophe and his team could not have made us feel more at home or been more helpful. From the airport pick-up, through to recommendations, to our journey back to the airport everything was handled brilliantly.

The roof terrace is also fantastic with a great view of Djemaa el Fna.

Christophe knows the city so well and his recommendations are spot on. Trust him, your trip will be the better for it! I would highly recommend this riad to friends and family and if I return to Marrakech I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Perfect location, amazing hospitality and some of the best personal recommendations I have ever had on a city break. Friend and I stayed at Andalla for three nights, first weekend in Feb and had a truly fab stay. Location of the Riad is great, shopping immense (make sure you know you can take extra baggage onto your flight back as you will need it) and Christophe’s suggestions on Pepernero and Les Bains de Marrakech were probably the best moments of this break. Unbelievably relaxing considering the hustle and bustle of the city. Andalla is homely, welcoming and I would certainly recommend it and stay there again.

Florianópolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The location of the riad is fantastic! You can easily reach the souk, the square, the new city and all other touristic sights. The staff was great and did everything to please us. They arranged our airport transfer and gave us some restaurants and hammas recommendations. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Andalla? Share your experiences!