“Nice hotel but reception staff let it down” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal

Save Saved
You added Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal to your Saves list
Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI | Zone touristique de l'Agdal, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #261 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
uk
“Nice hotel but reception staff let it down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Overall a lovely hotel. Near the airport rather than the centre but only £5 into town.

A lovely Oasis. Lovely pool and spa.

Staff on front desk very rude, arguing with each other and messing about. Not what you expect from a five star and let's the place down.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dorset England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I were moved to this hotel from another hotel because a large block booking meant we were over/double booked but that is an issue we have with the other hotel.
When we arrived we were not in the best frame of mind, a bit fed up to say the least.
We booked in, were taken to our room, told all about the place etc, no problems.
It was quite clear this was a very professional business, From start to finish I will give them
10 / 10. this is a French hotel from a french chain of hotels (FRAMISSIMA PREMIUM) I am so pleased we were moved.
The food was to a high standard with a good variety, hot and fresh, the pool was beautifully heated, clean and exactly like the pictures, I wish I was in it now. My wife had a massage and was throughly pleased, I did not go in the spa building but it seemed to be popular as plenty of people went in and out.
The rooms were a fair size, not suits, but more than just comfortable, the cleaning was perfect with little touches that made the difference.
Oh yes, there was no problem with access but the Grand Prix track goes around this hotel a long straight up along the front and the same at the rear (It will be dismantled). I dont think you will be able to book this hotel accidently on the Grand Prix weekend. The point I am making is this is the up and comming end of town, it will be the international zone and I am sure you will have to pay a premium in the future. I dont think the staff have ever heard a Grand Prix, I have never had one go past my front door. I will be watching and looking out for this Great Hotel. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Look at this French chain of Hotels and maybe book direct, that is what I will be doing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We booked a hotel in Marrakech and three days before arrival they emailed us to say they you'll no longer accommodate us, and had put us in this hotel as an alternative, maintaining the price we were given originally.

Slightly apprehensive having booked for five of us, and not given much option we arrived at Les Jardins de l'Agdal and it actually exceeded the hotel we had booked, which we had stayed in before. The staff are excellent, the rooms are amazing (we were given two even though we only booked one) and so have space, total comfort, relaxation and just love it.

The hotel is easily accessible to Marrakech city and the Atlas Mountains.

We definitely plan on returning to this hotel when as soon as we can.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked this holiday based on the reviews on this site my advice to others is don't.
We arrived at the hotel in the evening to be face with a demonstration outside as a number of staff were fired, as the taxi pulled in we were greeted by a security guard with a barking Doberman showing me his lovely teeth. On arrival to the reception it was dark the atmosphere was terrible and the lovely girl didn't speak English.
After unpacking we went down to dinner ,there was a reasonable choice but everything was Luke warm, we put it down to being a little late.
Following morning at breakfast we asked for coffee ,the choice was warm water from a thermos ,for tea I guess or warm coffee from a thermos, the waiter have really not grasped the concept that the water needs to be close to boiling to make tea as the second flask was just as cold, the food for breakfast reminded me of my hotel breakfast in Poland 20 years ago.
The Luke warm dinners continued all week, when questioned I was advised to use the microwave
The hotel and its staff especially the entertainers, the ground staff were perfect , cannot be faulted , the kitchen staff were terrible ,the food was atrocious , always Luke warm and many times badly Cooked if not raw. The reception staff were Stone age At best.
An isolated incident due the the. Chef being fired.maybe, 2 out of 3 of us had stomach issues , the thought of eating still makes us feel ill 2 days after our return .

Room Tip: Promotion rooms are generally ground floor and overlook nightclub and main road I would say noisey
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012 for 4 nights and I truly enjoyed it. I checked in before the actual check-in time, there were no problems. The room was brilliant, I absolutely loved the shower and the bathroom. Pool area, gym, restaurants, entertainment - all excellent! The only problem is that staff doesnt really speak english (most people in Marrakech dont really speak english...) so it was quite hard trying to explain myself. And the only english channel you get is a news channel. The hotel has a free shuttle which can save you a lot of money eventually.
I would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The initial impressions of the hotel are fantastic - beautiful water features and detailing in the Moroccan zellige on the floor. The reception was a friendly but not overly quick to understand some booking issues we had.
The room was nicely decorated, with separate loo. The mini bar was empty, the pillows and duvet a bit lumpy, the rail for hanging clothes in the cupboard kept falling out with an almighty clatter. The television didn't work - only sound and no picture except for intermittent flashes. Friends in another room said their loo ran all night. Our key didn't work at the end of the day and we had to make 2 trips back to the reception who eventually sent us someone who opened the garden door and let us in that way.
At breakfast there was a good spread, but things that should have been hot were all cold and the wait to have eggs freshly cooked seemed interminable, not beacause there were too many guests but because the cook wasn't there initially and then could only deal with one order at a time.
Having said all that, we were there to attend a wedding. The meal, service and decorations at this private function were very good.

• Stayed December 2012
London, United Kingdom
4,539 helpful votes 4,539 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel we stayed in is fab. The staff are absolutely wonderful and extremely helpful - warm and friendly too except for one female worker in Indigo who seems to have a bad attitude but that didn't spoil our stay in this hotel. They have a few restaurants in the complex which are good although pricey but for a quick snack try the poolside Indigo restaurant (opens at 12.30pm) which serves pizzas, tagines, burgers, pastas, spaghetti bolognese etc..at affordable prices. The swimming pool is nice and clean, the rooms are a bit dated and needs a bit of renovation but they are very clean, which is the most important thing for me. There is the Pacha complex nearby which has a few restaurants there like Red Sun (Chinese), Jana (French-Moroccan) and Crystals (international).
It's a 10 minute drive from the Airport and it's only 10 minutes to the main square by taxi (only 50 MAD).
This hotel is dominated by French tourists and barely any English tourists here (while I was staying there). Some staff here can speak a bit of English (but majority can't even speak English at all) and only 2 or 3 who can speak decent English. This has posed a bit of a communication problem on a few occasions. So anyone from England who are going to book into this hotel needs to brush up their French OR the staff members from this hotel need to improve on their English if they are inviting English tourists to this hotel.
Having said that, the staff are very polite and very helpful especially at the reception and the waiters in all of the restaurants in the hotel complex so I would like to thank them for their help and support. Mr Cherkaoui (The Sales Manager) was very helpful and I contacted him on numerous occasions via email before I came to Marrakech and he answered many questions for me. .
You can also change your British Sterlings here with Moroccan Dirhams at a good rate at the reception desk instead of trying to find a exchange bureau in and around Marrakech. Excluding a few minor issues that I've addressed I'm giving this hotel a 5-star rating for it's friendliness and cleansiness.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Les Jardins de l'Agdal? Share your experiences!