Stefan the owner was excellent and an incredibly genuine guy and the Riad was well kept, managed and clean. The Riad is excellently placed near to the medina, but still being quiet, however is a bit of a nightmare to find when you arrive, although this is probably the case with most of the riads in the medina area. Stefan will attempt to get you to eat for one night in the RIad at least, which you will find is expensive compared to the local area, however the food is excellent and highly recommended.
We arrived after staying at a beautiful Riad in the Atlas mountains where the staff were constantly out to try and exploit you. We experienced some more of this in Marrakech prior to our arrival so were incredibly jaded of Morocco and the general public. Stefan gave some great advice on places to visit and avoid and General scams that were around which we could have benefitted from on day 1.
If you are reading this on prior to going:
- Dont ask anyone for directions - they will hound you like a dog and attempt to charge you 20d for the pleasure, 90% of the time they will not know where to go.
- Taxi drivers do not know where you are going outside of the medina if they are a brown taxi - dont get in one unless they can answer questions about the area you are going to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Alamir is a place which we wanted quite at the same time intimate and friendly, close to the excitement of souks and far from the noise, easily accessible and nevertheless nested everything at the bottom of an alley of the Medina. Placed within one of its most prestigious districts, it is in two minutes of a taxi and in seven minutes on foot of the famous Place Jemaa El Fna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Riad Alamir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Alamir Hotel Marrakech