“Riad mogodor menzha” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Mogador

Riad Mogador
We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Mogador
Save Saved
You added Riad Mogador to your Saves list
Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #389 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
brum brum
“Riad mogodor menzha”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days, not the best hotel, the electrics blew after 1/2 hr of being there, tv ariel had to be replaced, lifts dont always work, we got stuck!, dirty cups and plates in the dining room. Had to ask 4 times for pillows and was given 1 and 2 towels even though there was 4 of us.
Fag ends round the pool and stained table cloths, despite this the staff were very helpful even when they were busy, and the cleaning staff came everday. Could be a good hotel but needs to try harder.

• Stayed April 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel staff exploited my family for more money and made us feel uncomfortable and unwelcome and at unease. They were hostile and extremely unhelpful. They put us through troubles just to give us our room and charged us extra for unnecessary purposes.
I advice you, sincerely from my heart, please do not make the mistake of staying at this hotel. You will be disappointed and very unhappy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Farnborough
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was booked into this hotel at the beginning and end of a trek in the High Atlas Mountains. Frankly I found the standard of the Riad Mogador to be appalling.

The general décor of the bedrooms was quite shabby with dirty, chipped walls, “patched up” paint work and smeared mirrors. Both the rooms in which I stayed were long overdue for a complete redecoration and refurnishing – as were, I suspect, the other bedrooms. On visiting the restaurant – a rather drab, uninteresting place – I noticed many of the cups were chipped or cracked. At breakfast on one occasion I was about to drink coffee from my cup when I noticed a lipstick smear on the edge of the cup.

On my return to the hotel on 16th September I had reported to reception that the telephone in my room was not working. This was not rectified and consequently, whenever I wished to contact reception, I was obliged to descend three floors to do so.

On the morning of 17th September, at 10:00 am I left some items of clothing at reception to be laundered. I was told they would be ready by 10:00am the following day. Despite several visits to reception after this time the laundry was not returned to me until 12:30pm on 18th September

Unfortunately it was not until my final morning that I noticed that the bed linen was soiled with what appeared to be specks of dried blood.

I drew the attention of the reception staff to these shortcomings but my protestations were met with an air of indifference.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Luton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and a large group of friends stayed here in May'13 and we didn't expect too much from a 3* just basics. Overall we were disappointed at the hotel staff who barely wanted to help with the many problems that came about with the hotel!! U couldn't even get them to smile and when they did it was cos they wanted your money.

Food was edible in most cases but I was put off at the hygiene mainly. Beware meat smells very strong, don't know if this is because its more fresh or the opposite.

2 nights we stayed without air conditioning (it was leaking heavily! ) n they said they couldn't move us because they had no rooms!!! What a lie!! It's a huge hotel with barely any guests (I wonder why)

They were not helpful at all even with basic questions they were very reluctant to even respond!!! Only nice ppl were the door men.

If u hav choice do not stay here

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Unless this the only available hotel do not stay here.I can not think of one positive.the hotel was so bad we checked out early to go and stay somewhere else.The rooms were dirty,the service was terrible and the noise from the nearby bus depot was also very loud.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

this hotel is a characterless, featureless dump with the most basic bedrooms, worn out furniture and bathrooms that need a thorough clean. We were on an package family adventure trip which included two nights in the hotel, we checked out after night one and paid out of our own pocket to stay at the al fassia even though this hotel had already been paid for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Riad Mogador Menara located at Rue Mohamed VI is a very beautiful hotel in the best area of Marrakech. While it is perfectly convenient if you are a tour participant which takes you in and out of the area by tour bus, it is not so convenient if you are on your own and want to walk into all the activities this city offers, because it is not near the city Medina. There rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast included is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Mogador? Share your experiences!