“Very good hotel in a very charming area of the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Mogador

Riad Mogador
We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Mogador
Save Saved
You added Riad Mogador to your Saves list
Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #388 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Miami, Florida
“Very good hotel in a very charming area of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Riad Mogador Menara located at Rue Mohamed VI is a very beautiful hotel in the best area of Marrakech. While it is perfectly convenient if you are a tour participant which takes you in and out of the area by tour bus, it is not so convenient if you are on your own and want to walk into all the activities this city offers, because it is not near the city Medina. There rooms are comfortable and clean and the breakfast included is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The worst hotel on the planet!! If you had a choice to stay here or at home - please stay at home! Filthy rooms - so much so, that I went to bed fullly clothed and wore flipflops around at all times! Shower that didn't drain, you end up standing ankle deep in shower scum, broken taps, filthy/stained towels. Wouldn't even think of touching the kitchen let alone cooking in it! The rooms we had were very simple and extremely unclean. There was a long couch that you could sit in but we didn't dare to, gross stains and weird smells, as well as dried, crusty food remnants! Breakfast was atrocious. Nothing else can describe it! Didn't use the pool but it looked awful. The view we looked out on was of a dusty carpark and nothing else.The staff didn't take any notice of us and watched their T.V at reception most of the time. The restaurant there looked terrible too, thankfuly we had dinner elsewhere! The only positive thing I can say is that our room had free wifi. I suggest to anyone reading this, choose a different place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was a simple hotel in a good location as it is in between the old town and the new town. The room and bathroom were shabby and only surface clean (wished I'd have taken some bleach with me)! However, the staff were very helpful and the breakfast was basic but plentiful. I would say if you staying for more than 2 or 3 nights then you should look for something better.
Marrakech issues, watch out for varying taxi prices and haggle, Easyjet mag says 60 dirham for a trip to town from the airport, it cost us 200 when we arrived and 150 when we left. Check prices before you set off anywhere in a taxi. Beware of friendly locals who start chatting to you, but then turn out to be your unofficial guide, we paid a small fee to someone who said he was the security guard at our hotel, but as it happens it was worth it, but he was difficult to shake off and after 2 hours guiding we wanted to be alone and had to be extremely firm in order to get rid of him. Its a pity they weren't more up front about it as a guide around the Medina is useful, however, keep walking around and you will eventually find the souks with many good things to buy. Haggle all prices especially spice prices as by the time they fill a bag you are paying much more than you expected. Keep handbags strapped to your body - a moped rider tried to snatch mine as we were crossing the road, he didn't succeed, but it could have been nasty if he hadn't have let go. In the Medina if you stop to consult your map locals will expect to assist you for a fee. Be firm and tell them NO. All in all a good experience, and I would go again, but go with your European eyes wide open!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back overlooking a petrol station, other reviews said front rooms were noisy, but I...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

stay was from 26th Dec 2011 - 7th Jan 2012 booked family room 2 beds as a description.
Original room was small and opposite a very noisy lift.
second room was twice the size.
the floor looked liked it had been washed with used water but not wiped so there were smear marks all over the place.
the heating / ac worked intermitently.
the toilet flush took 8 days to partly repair the sink plug was never repaired during our stay,the door lock plate took 8 days to repair the satelite channels worked intermitently the answer from the staff was that they were sorry but there was no money to make proper repairs, the family room second bed was originaly a sofa (not a sofa bed and on complaining they put a mattress on the floor as the bed for our 4 yr old to sleep on, the cot supplied we had to wipe down with sanitary wipes as it was not clean. there were for a family of four only 2 large towels and 2 hand towels of varying quality.
when i droped a key down the side of the chair and then pulled the sofa out there was heavy build up of dirt and food debris underneath.
the fridge ice box was solid, the cutlery was not cleaned properly the kitchen sink taps was loose the twin electric element for cooking at least worked the kettle was heavily furred up inside.
the lights on our wing in the corridor never worked.
the staff though always polite were of little real help with any of the issues above.
positive the hotel is in a good position

Room Tip: not sure if there was one
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Andover Hampshire UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This has to be the worst hotel anywhere in the known world,We booked this on the web and it looked ok for a supposed 3 star,things started off with bang once we had seen the pool area i say pool only joking this can not pass for a pool,a small area of water against a brick wall which the sun only reaches around lunchtime and is gone again by 6.30 just as well the (pool) closes at 7.00pm.The sunbed are few and far between with no sort of cushioning so you stick to them .The rooms are far from clean and you have to jiggle the flush to make it work and thats if your lucky.The last three days i made the bed and no clean towels or loo rolls were available.
The breakfast was poor and the menu didnt change in the week we were there yes i said a week i was so glad to see Gatwick.
I should mention that during the time we were there three thefts happened outside the hotel we were one of them and all within the first 24 hours of arrival.
Used to travelling in Eygpt Morrocco was somewhere i had an urge to see well i've seen it thanks to the ryad mogodor and i never want to see it again Luxor here we come.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel promises a lot (pool, air conditioning etc) but delivers very poorly. Our air conditioning barely worked, and did not make the room any cooler at all, and the tiny pool functioned as a mediocre plunge bath with very few sunbeds and no shade. When we arrived, we had to take our own bags to the room. Breakfast was surprisingly far away from the rest of the hotel and was barely worth waking up for. On the plus side, the wireless internet is of a very good quality and the lounge areas are substantially nicer than one would expect given the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the lounge.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hotel itself was quite nice. Most of the staff were friendly, in fact, some too friendly.
Due to travel disruptions, I arrived to the hotel a few hours before my friend. Everything was fine, until I actually got to my room. The bag boy who was showing me around the room, pushed me into the shower and blocked me in there to talk. I ran out feeling quite flustered. He then came out and tried it on again with me in the hotel room. I was trying to be polite about my refusal, but once I realised that saying no about 20 times wasn't working, I ran out in to the corridor and started yelling at him to get out of my room and that my husband was arriving later that day (I'm not married). He then got out of my room, but I was too freaked out to leave the room until my friend arrived (this was my first few hours in Morocco). However, this guy kept coming back and knocking on my door throughout the day - despite the fact I would never open. As I went on to realise, Moroccan men are quite forward with western women, however, this really shouldn't be happening to girls on their own, when they are paying to stay somewhere 'safe'.

But as a hotel - location is not as good as some of the other hotels, but the breakfast is amazing! The free wi-fi is only available in the lobby, so that was frustrating.

Room Tip: women should be accompanied by a man
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Mogador? Share your experiences!