“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Mogador

Riad Mogador
We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Mogador
You added Riad Mogador to your Saves list
Bab Doukala, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #396 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Andover Hampshire UK
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This has to be the worst hotel anywhere in the known world,We booked this on the web and it looked ok for a supposed 3 star,things started off with bang once we had seen the pool area i say pool only joking this can not pass for a pool,a small area of water against a brick wall which the sun only reaches around lunchtime and is gone again by 6.30 just as well the (pool) closes at 7.00pm.The sunbed are few and far between with no sort of cushioning so you stick to them .The rooms are far from clean and you have to jiggle the flush to make it work and thats if your lucky.The last three days i made the bed and no clean towels or loo rolls were available.
The breakfast was poor and the menu didnt change in the week we were there yes i said a week i was so glad to see Gatwick.
I should mention that during the time we were there three thefts happened outside the hotel we were one of them and all within the first 24 hours of arrival.
Used to travelling in Eygpt Morrocco was somewhere i had an urge to see well i've seen it thanks to the ryad mogodor and i never want to see it again Luxor here we come.

Room Tip: Use a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This hotel promises a lot (pool, air conditioning etc) but delivers very poorly. Our air conditioning barely worked, and did not make the room any cooler at all, and the tiny pool functioned as a mediocre plunge bath with very few sunbeds and no shade. When we arrived, we had to take our own bags to the room. Breakfast was surprisingly far away from the rest of the hotel and was barely worth waking up for. On the plus side, the wireless internet is of a very good quality and the lounge areas are substantially nicer than one would expect given the quality of the rooms.

Room Tip: Stay in the lounge.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The hotel itself was quite nice. Most of the staff were friendly, in fact, some too friendly.
Due to travel disruptions, I arrived to the hotel a few hours before my friend. Everything was fine, until I actually got to my room. The bag boy who was showing me around the room, pushed me into the shower and blocked me in there to talk. I ran out feeling quite flustered. He then came out and tried it on again with me in the hotel room. I was trying to be polite about my refusal, but once I realised that saying no about 20 times wasn't working, I ran out in to the corridor and started yelling at him to get out of my room and that my husband was arriving later that day (I'm not married). He then got out of my room, but I was too freaked out to leave the room until my friend arrived (this was my first few hours in Morocco). However, this guy kept coming back and knocking on my door throughout the day - despite the fact I would never open. As I went on to realise, Moroccan men are quite forward with western women, however, this really shouldn't be happening to girls on their own, when they are paying to stay somewhere 'safe'.

But as a hotel - location is not as good as some of the other hotels, but the breakfast is amazing! The free wi-fi is only available in the lobby, so that was frustrating.

Room Tip: women should be accompanied by a man
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

everybody has reviewed this hotel as bad but it is rather cheap. I loved the fact there is a busy road outside the front of the hotel as it allowed me to see the real traffic and things that go on all night here ! the breakfast was great and you can help yourself too as much as you like. ( I took a carrier bag full of food to give out to the beggars rather than giving them cash !) the room was cleaned everyday and was a good size. yep I would stay again. it is not a luxury hotel but I paid 300 pounds for 3 weeks including flights. delighted !

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night AOA on a full board basis. We got this really cheap though Alpharooms. When you arrive at the hotel the foyer is quite grand for 3 stars. Our room was a triple even though there were only two of us so it was quite roomy - it did however need updating. I was a little disappointed that we got a view of a brick wall but as we were only staying 1 night I wasnt too concerned. The beds were really comfy and the TV had a few english channels for anyone interested.

Food is pretty average to poor but there are loads of places to eat out and Moroccan food is fab. There is a supermarket right underneath rhe hotel that sells lovely fresh cakes - the chocolate ones are lovely.

The pool area is small but there are some loungers. Beware no sun on this area until 4pm ish in the winter.

The location is great just across from the city wall and the start of the madina. You can walk to the square through the medina in around 20 mins. This far side of the medina where this hotel is is the best with the kind of shops and stalls where the locals shop. You will really see something different!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
B
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

Stayed at Riad Mogador as part of a (trek holiday) package. This is a budget hotel with no other pretensions. If you are staying here, ensure that you ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel (away from the noisy main ring road).

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

I booked 4 nights here with my partner on a half board basis. Having arrived we were given the wrong room, instead of a double we were shown a twin bed room. Explaining this to the porter we were moved to a double room. We accepted without looking at the room first. We quickly discovered that there was a patch of rust on the left hand side of the bottom of the bathtub. The bathroom door did not shut close. There was no towels and hangers available either. We had to ask for these but thought not to make a fuss to complain as we assumed this is what we get for staying at a cheap hotel. But it got worse... There were no hairdryer in the room. I assumed that the reception would provide one when asked for it, but it turned out I was wrong so I had to dry my hair with a newspaper instead! 2 nights into our stay while watching tv the french channels and the one english channel- BBC world news, was removed. My partner called to have this switched back on the following day. The third morning we got an early and inappropriate wake up phone call to say that we were to depart even though we had another 2 nights to stay - comes to show how unorganised reception was! The dinner on offer each night was a disappointment, the bread was always stale and chewy as though we were given leftovers from the morning or day before. The food always seemed as though it was just re-heated because by the time we ate it it was always warm as well. The drinks were not included and they did not mention this before so for the first night we ended up paying 13DHM each when in the local supermarket just below the hotel costs only 4DHM. The waiters in the restaurant were unfriendly and arrogant the whole time. Breakfast buffet was half decent but the coffee was always luke warm and the juice was a horrible concentrated orange flavoured drink which had a sickly sweet taste. I did not understand why they could not provide fresh orange juice, having observed that most of Marrakech had orange trees around which were untouched and cost only 3DHM for a fresh glass in Jma al fnaa. Last of all the taxi driver which was recommended by the hotel porter to take us to the airport tried to rip us off at the end, even though a price was agreed before we went in. My partner was very unhappy with this.
We would most defintely stay in only 4-5* hotels if we ever return to Marrakech for peace of mind and better quality, service and enjoyment of stay. DO NOT STAY HERE NO MATTER HOW CHEAP.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple