“Nice mid-range hotel ideally located in Marrakech” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #301 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice mid-range hotel ideally located in Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed at the suite novotel with my wife for three nights in the middle of September. Hotel is ideally situated within walking distance of the main attractions of both the old and the new cities.

Rooms were well kept - wouldnt class them as 'suites' in terms of size but seemed to have all the mod cons available as you would expect from a live in suite. Nice entertainment facilties with the suitebox - but didnt spend much time watching the on demand movies available.

Was a bit annoyed with the air con as the vents were positioned near the room entrance - away from the beds which meant that the room didnt feel cool when you were sleeping. Fine when you have reasonable tempreture's but when you get days were it hits 40C+ like we did and it does make a difference.

Staff seemed polite and helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast was average - not a wide selection but there was enough to get us started for the day.

All in all would say good value for money and good location if want to experience the best of marrakech

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

i have only just come back from marrakech after a four night stay with my sister and auntie.
the hotel was of excellent standard very clean the staff were very helpful even though some spoke little english
the breakfast was excellent a good range to suit all ages
the area the hotel is in is residential was was extremely peaceful but was only a short walk from the hustle and bustle
the roads in marrakeh are very busy so i personally wouldnt take small children or the elderly as we struggled to cross the roads which in itself was an adventure
the hotel is located a short walk from the main new town and the medina both well worth viewing
we also did the marrakech tour bus which was very good told us alot about the area and was great value for money
we also thought it was extremely cheap to eat out and didnt have any bad meals
overall it was an excellent experience and will deffinately be going again

• Stayed September 2010
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We stayed at the Suite Novotel, which is in the Hivernage area of Marrakech, for three nights at the beginning of September.

The hotel is perfectly situated in the modern and slightly more affluent area of the city, about a 10 minute walk from the medina. It's quite a new hotel and there was still a sheen to our room. Suite Novotel is designed as a new style hotel, I think mainly for business travellers, and is meant to give you a comfortable and affordable stay in a modern hotel. The hotel has a few nice touches such as free, recent, English language movies on demand in your room, free wifi internet and a free continental breakfast.

The room was larger than your average, with a large bed, table and chairs, chaise longue, bathroom with separate shower and bath and a separate toilet in its own cubicle, which was amusingly compact.

There's a swimming pool at the hotel, which was welcome after a day walking around the hot and dusty Souk. This never felt too crowded and a sunlounger was always available.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel if you're in Marrakech for a few nights and wanted something affordable and out of the madness and noise of the city's centre. If you don't mind the ten minute walk, you'll find that this hotel is well located for the square and the souk. There are a few restaurants close to the hotel, and whereas a little more expensive than those near the square, the food is good and the service is excellent.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Blackburn, england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

The suite hotel does what is expected of a 4 star hotel however, there were a few nagging things you need to be aware off. Firstly the staff are polite and fine however i did feel that if you knew french you were dealt with a lot more promptly. The staff struggle understanding english and they get frustrated because they can't understand you and then you get passed on to someone else. Breakfast was a continental style buffet and to everyones taste, if you gto there when it was busy you could be waiting for cups, bowls and cutlery for up to 10 minutes surely they should have more cups and bowls for your cereal. The pool is fine although shallow at its deepest it is 4 1/2 ft deep. The rooms were clean and well laid out and the microwave was handy to warm any food you might have bought. The location of the hotel is a 1.5 km away from the mains square and the soukh and 1 km away from the modern shopping mall area called guilez. Both are 10 -15 minutes walk from the hotel with koutubiah mosque within 5 minutes of the hotel. the probelm is to walk fro 10- 15minutes in 40 + degrees can be difficult even at night it is very humid so you might need a taxi. BEWARE OF THE TAXI DRIVERS, YOU SHOULD NOT BE PAYING MORE THAN 30 DIRHAMS FOR A 10 MIUNTE RIDE AND NO MORE THEN 100 DIRHAMS TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT EACH WAY. Overall the hotel was ok and i would recommend it to others for a short stay. by the way gym is not much to see it has 3 running machines and a stepper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I quite enjoy this new hotel concept by Accor Hotels. Everything you need at a good price!

• Stayed August 2010
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

I stayed at the Suite Novotel between the 31st July and 2nd August whilst travelling in Morocco. My initial experiences of the hotel where very good, it was well presented and the staff courteous and attentive. The facilities in the room and throughout the hotel were for my purposes excellent as was the thoroughness of the daily clean. The breakfast was very good and I particularly appreciated the fact that staff kept to one side fruit that I liked and in one case it was actually delivered to me by the assistant manager. All of this is worthy of great praise in itself but what made my stay truly exceptional was the trouble that the staff took to help me when I needed it. I had a problem accessing money through ATM machines which meant I couldn’t get cash to pay for a taxi back to the airport. In trying to resolve the problem I spoke to hotel staff that really couldn’t do enough to help me. A young member of staff offered to give me money, another to take me on the back of their scooter and then hearing about my difficulties the hotel management arranged for me to be able to stay in my room until six in the evening and then organise a member of staff to drop me off at the airport. I was both incredibly overwhelmed and grateful for these acts of kindness which helped me resolve a difficult situation. I will always remember the many acts of kindness from the hotel staff that treated me akin to family rather than a customer. I intend one day to return again simply to repeat my thanks for the many acts of kindness shown to me; it really was exceptional that whatever I needed the standard response was “no trouble” A great hotel staffed by very nice people.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We were 2 families with small children. We booked 2 rooms on the early 30 tariff so was considerably cheaper (no refund if you change your mind). I chose this hotel after being recommended by the owners of Riad Dar Charkia (thanks Lisa......I would have chosen a Riad but a big hotel with a big swimming pool would be more suitable for kids).
The hotel had a great swimming pool. People were chilled out. I don't think their was a language barrier (the reception staff could speak English as did many others). The rooms were clean and we had a very large balcony facing the road (whereas my sister-in-law had a pool facing room which had a small balcony). Rooms had satelite tv with FREE movies (in many different languages). All the movies were new....so it kept the kids entertained (could've done with a few more english channels). Rooms also had a microwave.
The hotel didn't have a restaurant but you could buy a few things from the reception (very pricey though).
Jma al fna square was only 15 mins walking distance (cheapest I travelled there by taxi was 15 dirhams, the most i paid was 40 dirhams at night...only because they charge more with more passengers) . Guilez was also very close by.
I had couple of issues, the fridge didn't work and the balcony door didn't open. Both problems were quickly fixed, so nothing really to complain about.
I couldn't figure out how to use the internet in the room but there was a computer in the reception which I used regularly (the french keyboard took some time to get used to).
Breakfast was okay. People staying at the hotel were very friendly.
Location was very good and I would recommend this hotel to others. Marrakech was great but you can easily get ripped off (as I did many times).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!