“Ok, but may be improved” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #312 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Moscow, Russia
“Ok, but may be improved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We arrived at the hotel on 31st December, and stayed for several times. at check-in time, and we waited for 40 minutes to get into our room. It seemed absolutely normal for the staff that we should wait, and spend our money in the bar while waiting. No one even called us when the room was ready, we had to control this by ourselves.That messed up the impression of the hotel.
The room was a little shabby, but quite nice. Wi-fi was ok, and i liked the extra furniture in the room (sofa and table), and tea\coffee facilities. The balcony was also very nice.
The hotel is around 20 min walk to the city centre, it has a convenient location.
I had a birthday when i stayed at this hotel, some hotels do some little surprises or bonuses on this day for the guests, but this hotel doesn't.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were referred to this hotel by a friend who stayed a month prior. We did not have reservations and since we were visiting during Ramadan there was plenty of vacancy. We showed the man at the front desk the rates being offered online upon checkout stating the rate we were being given was much higher and that we'd like an adjustment. He first attributed the difference to tax but then back tracked and attributed to not having reservations prior to check-in. The internet moves at dial-up speeds, the breakfast consists of stale cereal, warm milk, and cold crepes (It was included in our jacked up rate so we ate it) and the room smells of humidity in what should be a dry, desert climate?? There are plenty of other less expensive options much closer to the sites. Don't book here.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2015 via mobile

Great stay in the suite novotel, availabale team and friendly breakfast staff, continental breakfast and Nice pool(new sunlounger)the room is very practical and clean, the location is Just perfect, a great value for money

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Alaa S, General Manager at Suite Novotel Marrakech, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest

we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Suite Novotel Marrakech and that the service was up to your best expectations.

brisbane australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2015

How to start a review when first hotel impression is reception Amin?-- Basically calling me a liar regarding my prepayments and my check in times when I am placing my confirmed documents in front of him.
Over 3 hours delay to get into my room.
A bad start which sadly has not improved much.
Two days of cold showers, hot air conditioning(better to leave the door and windows open) and almost no internet ( large group for convention in hotel)? plus a room fridge so iced up I spent time to defrost it myself.
This Hotel classes itself as 4 star but has some really strange ideas, eg. my room delay had me looking for some lunch and a drink --head to the bar and am told no food only items from large double door neon lit fridge in lobby with huge padlocks. This fridge contained Mars Bars and Bounty Bars and mixed chocolate Bars plus yoghurt and waters.-----4 star offering I think not.
Reception has no maps or offerings for tours or ideas for trips and Marrakesh is a tourist City, thankfully other Hotels in the area came to the rescue.
The downstairs reception/bar area is totally wasted (no air con here) no attempt to make the place inviting for a swim and a drink , although the pool area looks fine and trying to eat breakfast at low level bar tables did nothing for anyone with the slightest hint of back problems.
Even the poor Goldfish in an outside pond looked fed up no plants no shade low level water.
The saving grace for this Hotel is the wonderful lady --Siham-- on reception, she was genuinely friendly and helpful and the only reason I did not check out and find another hotel.
My room was clean and large but no towels until 3 hours later,AFTER an already 3 hours delay to get into the room,-- 2 paper coffee cups and plastic stirring stick, 1 tiny milk and 1 coffee/tea sachet comprised the wake up tray. 4 star I think not.
I doubt I will ever be in Marrakesh again so have no need to say I will not repeat a stay at Novotel but it will make me think twice about relying on the Novotel name to guaranty me quality.

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel unless you like 30C temperatures
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Alaa S, General Manager at Suite Novotel Marrakech, responded to this review, May 20, 2015
Dear Guest,

May I first and foremost thank you for having shared with us your impressions about Suite Novotel Marrakech

The missunderstanding regarding the payment of the taxes was due to the reservation provider, and a final solution is about to be set.

The aircondition and water was due to maintenance in order to increase the effeciency, and be assured that our technical staff is availabale in order to resolve any of the request .

At Suite Novotel, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

A new restaurant is about to open at the hotel with all the services you may need, and improvements will be made regarding your remarks.

Though, we are very pleased that you enjoyed siham's service and availability.

Wilmington, Delaware, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2015

This is about a 15-20 minute walk from the medina and is surrounded by good places to eat, a supermarket and other clubs and such. Rooms were modern probably 10 or so years ago, okay but a little worn. Desk staff nice, other staff questionable, especially ay the bar. Stairwells are disgusting. Literally used for storage and one had a tray of food and spilled (dried) coffee for our entire 3 day stay and it was dry when we first saw it. Gross! Internet here pretty much sucks, especially at night when many are on. Unless you can physically plug in don't bother later in the day. Nice pool. Breakfast is poor, you can order an omelet but it's raw inside. Don't miss coffee machine in lobby much better than what is on the tables. No blackout curtains, they are white and sheer, so your room is never really dark.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dera Guest

The stairs are not used as a storage but we were making cleaning and bringing new beds to the rooms,

A new wifi solution is set up now and it will get better,

Though, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Suite Novotel and that the front desk team and the pool was up to your expectations.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2015

Overall a good stay though with a few quirks. Room size was great and clean (thought from other reviews and pictures maybe this isn't always the case). Staff at reception were very helpful when asked for information or directions or assistance (including booking us an excursion at 11pm for a 9am pick up the following morning). Quirks were lack of maps at the hotel of the local area as we found the hotel to be just off the maps we had brought with us (I always assumed every hotel carried these). However as I say the staff gave us directions and it was very easy to get to the Medina, local supermarket, restaurants and ATM. Additionally, the hotel doesn't serve any food other than breakfast, not even snacks or a vending machine (limited chocolate bars available) and when buying drinks from the bar they rarely had any change which I found odd. The hotel does stock take away leaflets and will happily order a KFC for delivery which will be delivered to you at pool side which was an interesting quirk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool as we were on the road side and car horns do not stop and continue th...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

May I first thank you for having shared with us your impressions.

we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

Though, we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the service was up to your expectations.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Genaral Manager
Swansea, Wales, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2015

This was my second stay at the hotel, the first being back in 2012 and standards have slipped a great deal in that three year period.

General cleanliness and hygiene seem to have almost been forgotten about, it is still as difficult as ever to find a table at breakfast [please add more tables].

The majority of staff are friendly and professional, the lady who works at breakfast time is generally rushed of her feet. However, one receptionist in particular, Ahmed [?] was sullen, sarcastic, unprofessional, and downright rude - he would make a wonderful receptionist at a British GP surgery!

One teabag and no coffee was thought to be sufficient for a room sleeping two people, it took several phonecalls and a great deal of time for two coffee sachets to be delivered to the room.

In summary, the hotel's location is very good, however for the same price, better hotels with better staff and better hygiene are readily available. I recommend you look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

May I first thank you for your impressions about suite novotel marrakech.

Alaa SQUALLI

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!