“Basic hotel, Good location, Bad service.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #306 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Swansea, Wales, UK
“Basic hotel, Good location, Bad service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second stay at the hotel, the first being back in 2012 and standards have slipped a great deal in that three year period.

General cleanliness and hygiene seem to have almost been forgotten about, it is still as difficult as ever to find a table at breakfast [please add more tables].

The majority of staff are friendly and professional, the lady who works at breakfast time is generally rushed of her feet. However, one receptionist in particular, Ahmed [?] was sullen, sarcastic, unprofessional, and downright rude - he would make a wonderful receptionist at a British GP surgery!

One teabag and no coffee was thought to be sufficient for a room sleeping two people, it took several phonecalls and a great deal of time for two coffee sachets to be delivered to the room.

In summary, the hotel's location is very good, however for the same price, better hotels with better staff and better hygiene are readily available. I recommend you look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The pool and breakfast in this hotel are great. It is within walking distance of the old town, but not stuck inside so you have room to breathe. They could use about 10 more employees in the front desk. The room was fine, but dirty feeling. I wouldn't go barefoot in it! The shower was stopped up and we had to ask for towels and toilet paper. I think this hotel could be fine if they hired more employees.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Boston, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the hotel for 5 days with family in April. The hotel is very basic with small rooms. The air conditioning was not working and inspite of asking multiple times it was not sorted.
It was difficult to sleep at night and changed the room after 2 days but the new room was no better.
It was a small room with not enough space to move around, the TV did not work, there was no top up of tea and coffee in the room and the breakfast had very few choices.
The staff were also not helpful with the staff in the breakfast area refusing to answer when asked a question. The reception did not have any maps and claimed they had run out. Arriving on saturday did not help as the tourist information is closed.
The wifi was so slow that it either did not work or was very slow other times.
Had to go to the adjoining hotel and get a street and tourist map.
I would spend a bit more money or choose a different hotel at the same price.

Room Tip: ask for change of room if you are not happy
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have a number of complaints about the Suite Novotel, none more so than the attitude of the staff. Upon check-in, I stood waiting while the receptionist spoke with a colleague until I asked whether there was a problem- it was only at this point he decided to proceed with my check-in. Later that night, I called reception to advise that my air conditioning wasn't working. I was told that there was no air con and that it would not be turned on until July. After some research online to confirm my understanding that the hotel did have air con, I went to speak with reception. I was rudely told, once again, that there was no air conditioning in the building despite the fact that the communal areas were considerably cooler than my stiflingly-hot room. To cut a long story short, the next day it transpired that there was air conditioning and it was just broken in my room. This was fixed that day but only after asking to speak with management a number of times. A further run in with the unpleasant reception staff came a few days later when I had to ask at reception for towels for my room as, at 6pm, I still had no towels. After an attempted discussion with the reception (during which he just walked away at one point), I asked to speak to management but was refused. In the end, I waited 40 minutes after my initial phone call to get towels. The towels I received were shabby and not close to the standard of towels I had received previously.

While both the air con and towels are a poor sign of service in a supposedly 4 star hotel, it is the staff's attitude which I found the most frustrating. Other aspects of the hotel were also below par for a 4 star. The breakfasts were poor- bread rolls were hard, the fruit bowl rarely contained more than a couple of pieces of bruised fruit and there were not enough tables. The wifi connection also rarely worked.

On the plus side, the room was a good size and kept generally clean. However, this hotel is most definitely not a 4 star standard.

Stayed April 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Room was supposed to be available from 14.30 but was ready just after 16.00. We were asked to be patience but no excuses were offered. We booked a smoker room on quite side and were given a non smoker room on street side. Aircon did not work at all!!! When it is 37c, it is a big disappointment.
After 4 hours in a car under Moroccan sun, we directly went to take a shower. Unfortunately no towel in the room. My husband called and the reception was well aware as the supplier was late. I understand that this can happen but as they were aware they could have simply let us know; we would have simply waited to take a shower. We were promised they will be dispatched within 5 min. 15mn later, my husband went downstairs as we still had not received them; he was told that the cleaners were on their way. We left the room 45min later and still had not received them!!!!

I travel 3-4 times a year in morocco and this was my worst stay. As a customer, you expect much more from a 4 star hotel. I always go for international hotels, prices are higher but you have the guarantee of standard which is not the case in this hotel.

I had to wait 25mn to be served at the bar, the barmaid was clearly on break and no one to cover for her. Again no excuses what so ever. Again when you pay 45MAD for a juice, when fresh one are available for 5 MAD in the street, you expect quality of service!

Furthermore, staff should be warned that non arabic people do speak arabic and understand when they are being criticized / mocked by the staff!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Alcacer do Sal, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

My 4-night stay at this hotel was a perfect fit for my sight-seeing trip to Marrakech. The front desk was always helpful and friendly, and the room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was ordinary, but that is fine - I didn't go to Marrakech for breakfast. There are a number of very good (if not a bit expensive) restaurants close by. The convenience to walk into the old town was the best part of my stay. It is only a 10-15 minute walk into the souk area, and there are many gardens and fountains on the way that are lovely and very well manicured. I liked this city, and my hotel was part of my good experience.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool, and while the very small porch was not for sitting outside, it was nice to b...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

We have just returned from a week at suite novotel and it was quite superb -. Very tastefully furnished and well decorated suites . it's generously sized with many looking out onto the picturesque pool . Most important the service is terrific and the staff is very helpful and a special thanks to aimade from the front office who helped us to spend a great stay by his frensh and brilliant english ,he was at all times attentive and courteous. We certainly hope to go back and stay again to enjoy the many delights of Morocco

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!