“Very basic hotel with poor facilities” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #305 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
Boston, United Kingdom
“Very basic hotel with poor facilities”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I visited the hotel for 5 days with family in April. The hotel is very basic with small rooms. The air conditioning was not working and inspite of asking multiple times it was not sorted.
It was difficult to sleep at night and changed the room after 2 days but the new room was no better.
It was a small room with not enough space to move around, the TV did not work, there was no top up of tea and coffee in the room and the breakfast had very few choices.
The staff were also not helpful with the staff in the breakfast area refusing to answer when asked a question. The reception did not have any maps and claimed they had run out. Arriving on saturday did not help as the tourist information is closed.
The wifi was so slow that it either did not work or was very slow other times.
Had to go to the adjoining hotel and get a street and tourist map.
I would spend a bit more money or choose a different hotel at the same price.

Room Tip: ask for change of room if you are not happy
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have a number of complaints about the Suite Novotel, none more so than the attitude of the staff. Upon check-in, I stood waiting while the receptionist spoke with a colleague until I asked whether there was a problem- it was only at this point he decided to proceed with my check-in. Later that night, I called reception to advise that my air conditioning wasn't working. I was told that there was no air con and that it would not be turned on until July. After some research online to confirm my understanding that the hotel did have air con, I went to speak with reception. I was rudely told, once again, that there was no air conditioning in the building despite the fact that the communal areas were considerably cooler than my stiflingly-hot room. To cut a long story short, the next day it transpired that there was air conditioning and it was just broken in my room. This was fixed that day but only after asking to speak with management a number of times. A further run in with the unpleasant reception staff came a few days later when I had to ask at reception for towels for my room as, at 6pm, I still had no towels. After an attempted discussion with the reception (during which he just walked away at one point), I asked to speak to management but was refused. In the end, I waited 40 minutes after my initial phone call to get towels. The towels I received were shabby and not close to the standard of towels I had received previously.

While both the air con and towels are a poor sign of service in a supposedly 4 star hotel, it is the staff's attitude which I found the most frustrating. Other aspects of the hotel were also below par for a 4 star. The breakfasts were poor- bread rolls were hard, the fruit bowl rarely contained more than a couple of pieces of bruised fruit and there were not enough tables. The wifi connection also rarely worked.

On the plus side, the room was a good size and kept generally clean. However, this hotel is most definitely not a 4 star standard.

Stayed April 2015
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room was supposed to be available from 14.30 but was ready just after 16.00. We were asked to be patience but no excuses were offered. We booked a smoker room on quite side and were given a non smoker room on street side. Aircon did not work at all!!! When it is 37c, it is a big disappointment.
After 4 hours in a car under Moroccan sun, we directly went to take a shower. Unfortunately no towel in the room. My husband called and the reception was well aware as the supplier was late. I understand that this can happen but as they were aware they could have simply let us know; we would have simply waited to take a shower. We were promised they will be dispatched within 5 min. 15mn later, my husband went downstairs as we still had not received them; he was told that the cleaners were on their way. We left the room 45min later and still had not received them!!!!

I travel 3-4 times a year in morocco and this was my worst stay. As a customer, you expect much more from a 4 star hotel. I always go for international hotels, prices are higher but you have the guarantee of standard which is not the case in this hotel.

I had to wait 25mn to be served at the bar, the barmaid was clearly on break and no one to cover for her. Again no excuses what so ever. Again when you pay 45MAD for a juice, when fresh one are available for 5 MAD in the street, you expect quality of service!

Furthermore, staff should be warned that non arabic people do speak arabic and understand when they are being criticized / mocked by the staff!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Alcacer do Sal, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My 4-night stay at this hotel was a perfect fit for my sight-seeing trip to Marrakech. The front desk was always helpful and friendly, and the room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was ordinary, but that is fine - I didn't go to Marrakech for breakfast. There are a number of very good (if not a bit expensive) restaurants close by. The convenience to walk into the old town was the best part of my stay. It is only a 10-15 minute walk into the souk area, and there are many gardens and fountains on the way that are lovely and very well manicured. I liked this city, and my hotel was part of my good experience.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool, and while the very small porch was not for sitting outside, it was nice to b...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have just returned from a week at suite novotel and it was quite superb -. Very tastefully furnished and well decorated suites . it's generously sized with many looking out onto the picturesque pool . Most important the service is terrific and the staff is very helpful and a special thanks to aimade from the front office who helped us to spend a great stay by his frensh and brilliant english ,he was at all times attentive and courteous. We certainly hope to go back and stay again to enjoy the many delights of Morocco

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

This is the best hotel ever!!
Everything was very very very perfect.
Shoot out to AMIN and ALA. You helped us very much en we miss you already!!
The service was very good, room and breakfast too. It was a very good vacation especially the hotel. Thanks for everything and we definitely coming back in May because of you guys!!
Thankssssss nawal, chaimae and leila!

• Stayed March 2015
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

Good location about 15 min walk to old town. Good value for money, nice friendly staff, breakfast can be better with more hot stuff. Also lacked basic tourist information like city maps etc which would be helpful for guests considering most people staying there are tourists.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!