“Disaster by all means” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #201 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Tunis, Tunisia
“Disaster by all means”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am totally disappointed by my experience in Novotel Marrakech. I chose this hotel based on my previous experience in Novotel UAE, but it was a huge mistake.
The only good thing about the hotel is the location. Rooms are not well maintained , curtains and bed sheets have whole, AC was not working properly in lots of rooms which seems management were aware of it, cleaning of the room was disaster, although we hinged the sign to clean our room,nothing happened,breakfast is very poor. By any means won't go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Lewes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Suite Novotel provides an excellent value for money, the rooms are spacious and clean and location is privileged, just a 15 min walk to Medina. Lots of nice restaurants nearby in the bohemian district of Hivernage although they can be a bit pricey. The best thing about this hotel is its staff. They were very friendly and accommodating and a special thanks to Ahmed who provided excellent customer service and made our stay really special!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We checked in here on our last night in marrakech after spending three nights in a lovely riad in the centre of the medina. Customer service here was terrible with long delays at reception. We found a cockroach in our room and reported it straight away. We were told we must have left our window open and offered no apology. Terrible service, would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alaa S, Directeur général at Suite Novotel Marrakech, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Guest

We first apologize for the incovinience concening the delay at the reception,

We can assure you that there is no insects in our rooms, we have high standards of hygiene, security ans cleanness, that's why you have been told that you might have left your door open,please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Suite Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I stay at your disposal for any further informations.

Alaa SQUALLI
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nice and silent room but a cheap or old mattress. Airconditioning on full power all the time, not much effect. And it was 'only' around 30 Celcius during the day. Bathroom with separate bath and shower. Some rooms have real balconies, but most of them to tiny to even sit on a chair. WiFi is free but sometimes slow or not working. Small fridge and a microwave. No hotel/city information in the room.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, in the morning they have a very VERY small variation of a buffet. Bad (instant)coffee, eggs/fruit if your lucky, juice with loads of sugar. Dry and tough croissants/rolls. I would not pre-book breakfast again, you'd better go out and get a nice lunch somewhere.

Service at reception is unlike Novotel, more as if you are in a massive tourist hotel, had to ask for everything. (Breakfast times/internet access/hotel amenities etc.)

Nice pool and a small pool bar, only drinks no food.

Avoid Extrablatt 'restaurant' around the corner, unless you like junkfood and a lot of noise.

All in all I think I may choose this hotel again, mainly for it's location and the spacious rooms. Hopefully the management will read and take action on the critics.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool-side, with a REAL balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I enjoyed staying at this hotel-- good location, not too far to visit the centre of the old city on foot.Free parking. The rooms are good size and was clean- but we had to ask for towels and soap, denoting a certain level of carelessness.Breakfast is poor, but considering that it is for free, it is okay...But I had a bad experience-- when having drinks around the pool, I was brought a complimentary bowl of chips. Just that within the chips I found an used chewing gun, still soft... That tells me that they recycle leftover food- the lady in the bar disagreed and told me that it came inside the bag of crisps...I asked to talk to the hotel manager- I do not think he was interested so he did not show up.On check out I was told that it was decided not to charge me for the drinks. Anyway, I took pictures, and I will take the matter forward...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

Spacious, modern, clean family rooms. Good breakfast in pleasant lobby. 15 minute walk into the centre of Marrakech. Parking the usual Moroccan lottery with the on-street 'guards' - pay them generously and all will be well.

• Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Not rolling in cash? Want somewhere cheap, clean, well run and perfectly located? Then the Novotel is perfect for you. Two (or even three) can share a £50 a night room with mini kitchen, bath, TV, phone, air conditioning and, best of all, great broadband (it used to be weak on the signal front). Very helpful Security (baggage). A short walk to the Mai Thai or Es Saadi or Sofitel. Taxis and horse drawn carriages on the doorstep. Five minutes stroll brings you to the Mamounia and ten to Djema El Fna. Pool is a bit small; that's the only negative.

Room Tip: Almost perfect for what it is.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Alaa S, Directeur général at Suite Novotel Marrakech, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I would like on behalf of my team thank you for your testimony regarding your stay at the Suite Novotel Marrakech, I am very pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. Hope to see you soon in our hotel
Alaa SQUALLI

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!