“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #302 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Cheshire
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 2 female friends. Unfortunately we were mugged on our second night, the hotel staff could not do enough for us! They were helpful in translating, taking us to police station several times, getting medication from chemist, letting us upgrade to sister hotels spa services for daytime use, nothing was too much trouble. Hotel was spacious, clean, breakfast had lots of choice. Staff clean and polite. All extra help given to us was free of charge. I cannot wait to return with my husband as it is a beautiful country and hotel. I will not be put off by 2 scallywags!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unfortunately on arrival at the hotel the member of staff on the desk when we arrived advised that we had not paid for our room - we had a confirmation from the hotel saying we had paid for both the room and the local taxes prior to arrival which I showed him, he dismissed this and said we still owed the money, he agreed to check 'the system' and come back to us.

In the meantime I checked my card which had been charged fully.

On the day we checked out we presumed this had been checked and that our check out would be no problem, the same member of staff advised that we still owed money for the room and local taxes, after much debate I asked to see the Manager to which he said I could not.

In the end he said okay you can just pay the tax, I explained around 3 times that it was already clearly stated on my confirmation that we had paid this in full.

The member of staff was extremely rude and refused to even speak to me directly or let me see the Manager - even though we had an email confirmation from Novotel saying there was zero to pay and that we had paid the room charge and the local tax we still had to pay again.

This is disgraceful and not what I would expect from a chain hotel, I have never been spoken to and lied to by any reception staff and it ruined a very nice holiday. Not only that but we left feeling conned and out of pocket - having to pay for a hotel twice is totally unacceptable!

I would never recommend this hotel or Novotel to anyone after this incident.

On top of this we had to ask reception every time we wanted to access our room as the key cards never work and had to be re-programmed every time we wanted to go in our room which was really inconvenient, some times it took 2 or 3 attempts at going up and down in the lift and back to reception just to get them to work.

A really disappointing stay, never ever again.

Feel totally conned and stolen from, if it had been England I would of reported this to the police

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else not worth the stress
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was a bit apprehensive before going due to having read reviews of lots of Marrakech hotels being lovely but staff being rude or ignorant and service poor, but I am happy to say staff at Suite novotel were great, very friendly, great service, patient and very helpful. buffet breakfast was good, nice eating round the pool in the morning, Gym was free but a bit sparse, 3 or 4 cardio machines, no good for a good hard gym session,so didnt use it much. Ineternet wifi great and tv ok. Overall good stay in clean good value hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had been to other Suite Novotels before.
My experience was good.
Here it's quite the contrary.
Let's state the pro's: Location, room sizes and prices
Negatives made me give this place a lousy quote as the personnel was clearly overwhelmed by the amount of customers or simply had no experience running a hotel.
No linen in the rooms , bad Wi-Fi, long waiting queus at the reception, questions were not answered , etc..

Room Tip: all rooms are the same Ask a front view; the back side view is on other buildings
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Marrakech
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

no food in the hotel
no change in the hotel
the cards to enter your room work didn't work
the cleaning was done very late in the afternoon
the elevators were used by the staff at the same time as the tourists!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Booked online. Excellent designed, spacious,clean, well equipped room with fridge, overlooking the pool with a view of the Katoubia. Reception staff were always helpful and friendly, no problems with extra taxes. Only downside the wifi was a bit iffy in the room but was fine in the bar and reception area. The best thing about this hotel is it's location in a quiet area of Marrakech, yet within walking distance of all the main attractions. Great value for the price, will go again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Teh hotel is maybe one of the best hotel at this price for Marrakech (and trust me I go to Marrakech every year and have slep in many hotels..) It is 10 mn walk from Place Jemaa el Fna and 10 mn walk from El gueliz, so very well located. I have been to the hotel three times and it has always clean rooms, good service and the swimming pool is great! This hotel is suitable for everyone, specially familys! a tip: Wake up early to have a transat by the pool :)

Room Tip: Ask for a swimming pool view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!