“Perfect Hotel for Business People” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Suite Novotel Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Suite Novotel Marrakech to your Saves list
Suite Novotel Marrakech
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Haroun Errachid | Quartier de l'hivernage, Marrakech 40020, Morocco   |
Ranked #300 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect Hotel for Business People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

This Hotel is excellent!! I have been staying here for two weeks for business and it suits me perfectly. I travel extensively around the world and this hotel has made my business trip a doddle.

Many people have summed up what the hotel has but here are my points in terms of business:-

Positives
-There is free Wifi and ethernet connection in the room - it's actually quite high speed, I can watch BBC iplayer etc (through a proxy) without any issue.

-Rooms are clean and well sized with excellent bed and space to put your laptop and work.

-The "Suitebox" is fantastic, it has around 40 up to date (some less than a month old) films all available for you to watch free - this can pass the time in dull evenings when you dont want to go out of the hotel.

-Breakfast is fine, typical continental style breakfast.

- Pool is nice for a relax and a swim, they also have a free gym and on a Thursday a free 15 minute "Stress-Relief" Massage which was excellent.

- Rooms have a lock safe to store your things.

Negatives
- No Restaurant - although they do offer panini's in the bar if you want a quick snack.

- Not many taxi drivers know where it is - if you want to get back just tell them to go to the sofitel (they're are on the opposite side of the road to each other)

- Wouldn't give much of a discount even though I was staying for so long, but if you book early you can get a deal for about £50-£60 per night.

Overall I'm really pleased with the hotel and it has been invaluable for my business trip.

I'll stay here again next year!

Room Tip: Book Early and direct, thye have some good deals
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I had booked a stay for my family but changed plans and therefore cancelled this hotel.
I cancelled with enough notice not to be charged anything.
You can imagine my surprise in May to find the full amount of the stay had been charged to my credit card.
Several emails and a month later a refund was made to my card, after I had already paid the full amount to my credit card company.
Unfortunately due to exchange rate variations and foreign currency handling charges the refund does not match the amount taken and basically the hotel are not interested.
The long and the short is that I am now out of pocket due to no fault of my own.

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Suite Novotel for a week at the start of May. Right from the very start the Staff could not have been more helpful responding within an hour to my e-mail request for a quiet non – smoking room on the top floor, which is exactly what we got on arrival. The Hotel also arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport and the same for return, the taxi cost each way was 200 Dirhams (about £16) and is paid directly to the driver so no mark up from the hotel. Incidentally there are plenty of taxis at the airport if you prefer not to book, which you can get for about 150 Dih, saving about £4, but for that difference I think pre booking takes a lot of hassle away.

Our room was very good, the hotel refers to all rooms as suites, and so if you are thinking there will be a separate lounge area within the suite there isn’t. However the room is large, big enough for an area with a large table and chair if you need to work or do some writing; a good king sized bed with a firm mattress, my only small gripe was that the pillows didn’t suit me as I like feather and these were synthetic. There is a free electric safe in the cupboard. The room also has a single bed, a kettle with tea and coffee (only one each per day so if you like your tea take a few bags with you), a microwave and a small empty fridge (not minibar), which you can stock up with your own drink from the supermarket. There is plenty hanging and cupboard space. The bathroom is very good with a large bath with showerhead, a separate shower cabin and sink. The complimentary soap/shampoo is in wall dispensers if you are the type who uses the hotels own. The toilet is separate from the bathroom. The rooms have a balcony with table and chairs and a light for night use. The room cleaning staff were very efficient and friendly, changing towels daily and bedding at least once during our stay.

There is free ethernet and wi-fi in the room and one very useful piece of kit called the ‘Suite Box’. It’s absolutely free and unlimited and allows you to access via your flat screen tv to: internet, movies (a good selection of over 30 recent films from horror to cartoons), web radio from most major countries (BBc radio 1 – 4, Capital and Classic FM included), some basic games and a few work tools ‘Office’ etc.

Breakfast in the hotel was excellent and included in the room price. It ran from 7am until 11am, very civilised. Breakfast comprised the following: Fresh juice, tea, coffee, milk, boiled eggs, cheeses, cold meat (smoked turkey – replaces ham and is very similar in taste and texture), various bread rolls and pastries (croissant, pan au chocolat etc) yoghurt, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, dried fruit and cereals. All replenished very quickly by the staff. There is cake and disposable cups for tea/coffee if you want to take some to your room.

I only used the bar for a quick beer when we arrived, a small bottle of the local beer cost about £3.50 so normal for a hotel bar. I asked the bar woman for some ice for my room and she gave me a large plastic bag full which lasted 2 days in my fridge.

The hotel also has a nice sized and nicely cool pool, big enough to swim lengths in. There are recliners with cushions and free towels all around the pool. It’s a great place to relax in after the hot, dusty, noisy craziness that is Marrakech.

The hotel was ideally situated as far as we were concerned being a short (5 –10 minute) taxi ride from Jemaa el Fna and the Medina, costing 20Dih (£1.60) and the same from good restaurants and modern shopping in the new city.

By the way as I’ve mentioned taxis let me dispel a few of the myths and horror stories that are are posted about taxi drivers. There are a few rotten apples but we found generally that the drivers were fair, funny and informative. They will sometimes ask for 50 or 60 for a very short trip but a smile from you usually gets one back with a realistic fare. It helps if you can speak the basics in French but most speak a little English. We never paid more than 30 Dih for any journey in the city, that is using the small taxis (for up to three people) for four or more you’d need a grand taxi (Mercedes) which are slightly more expensive. There are more taxis in Marrakech than anywhere else in the world we’ve travelled so if you don’t like the price or attitude just politely say no thanks and get the next one in about 20 seconds.

All in all you would have to very picky or have unreasonable expectations to find fault with Suite Novotel. It’s in a perfect location bridging the old and new city. With great facilities and charming, happy, efficient staff. It made our week in Marrakech perfect and we will definitely be returning in the future. Finally, the icing on the cake is the price, book direct with the hotel for four nights or more and you get a 40% discount which meant we got all that for less than £60 per night, hard to beat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

Just come back from a week at suite novotel. just a few points to be its a newish area that is kept very clean and not too busy 10 min walk to one side leads you to the square 10 mins walk the other way to guelliz, the main high street. the hotel it self is clean and the service is good nothing realy to shout about. however in the hotel itself does not have a restaraunt or any kind entertainment in the eve so if your with young kids and dont want to go out that you will get bored.

• Stayed May 2011
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

I must begin by telling you all that I am one fussy and experienced traveller, my wife is even worse. My complaints are usually minor, basic stuff that people overlook.

However, I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. We paid £385.00 sterling for a suite that comfortably accommodated the four of us. Other hotels for that week were being priced at almost double for that particular Easter week - we had booked quite last minute. The mattresses were new and firm. There was a king sized bed, not two beds put together which my wife absolutely detests. One bed which could be pulled out from underneath and a sofa bed. The sofa bed was actually a proper single bed which cleverly converted to a sofa by the use of a no. of large cushions - not the other way round usually found in some hotels. The room had a kitchenette comprising of mini fridge, microwave, kettle and a sink. The bathroom had a shower cubicle and a sep. bath, there were toiletries and a hairdryer. The toilet was separate and located near the entrance to the room. The room had a balcony overlooking the pool. The air-conditioning was fab. It wasnt extremely noisy and had three settings.

In terms of amenities, the pool was great. The weather was 30 degrees plus on our visit, yet the pool area was always cool. The breakfast was continental, on busier days the food did run short but was rapidly replaced. The staff were helpful and when we asked for items after the breakfast time had lapsed, my youngest has this thing for boiled eggs at present, they tried their best to help. Our room had a new HD 32 inch tv, this gave us music, internet and on demand movies.
There was an ethernet connection for laptops and the hotel also gave free WIFI access as well as having a computer available in the lobby. The
Hotel is located in L'hivernage which is an expensive part of Marrakech and is next to the grand Sofitel. Plenty of Taxis always available outside. They refer to the hotel as the Suite hotel. 15 Mins Walk to the Jmaa. Also a short 5-10 min walk to Guillez. This is another expensive part which has the Mcdonalds, KFCs and trendy Cafes as well as the nightlife.

The staff were always helpful and tried their best, most people at reception spoke English. As we had booked ryanair flights they helped me print my boarding passes. Any other queries regarding this hotel feel free to email me at league2005@hotmail.co.uk

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Suite Novotel Marrakech? Share your experiences!