“Stop and smell the roses” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel By Beldi
Km 6 Route du Barrage | BP 210, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #238 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Stop and smell the roses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Lovely gardens and architecture, fabulous Hammam, food was good but limited menu. Large spacious rooms with unreliable wifi, bathrooms a little shabby but overall a gorgeous hotel with friendly staff. Spa could improve hygiene regarding pedicures. Roses roses roses everywhere...absolutely gorgeous! Herb gardens immaculate too?

Room Tip: Not room Halima 29..... Next to service area and smells of septic would regularly happen
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Beldi has been absolutely phenomenal, we spent the last week here in the run up to our wedding and come mid week had the whole hotel full of our guests. Our wedding was at The Beldi on the Thursday outside in the Riad, and was literally out of this world. I cannot fault the staff, management or hotel in anyway and our wedding was so perfect it seems like a dream, the setting was more than perfect. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was at our disposal, something I have never witnessed from a wedding venue before or hotel. All guests felt totally at ease. This is easily my favourite place on earth and I cannot wait to return. The service was outstanding and staff were all extremely friendly, it is an oasis and you feel immediately relaxed and calmed. I cannot recommend this hotel enough, and find it extraordinary that anyone has given it a bad review beforehand, something that unnerved me before my visit, but I can assure you it is more than worth the trip!!!

Room Tip: Having had the complete hotel to ourselves and visiting all family and friends in their rooms, every...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed at Beldi with our three young children (8, 6 and 4) and had a wonderful time. The place is absolutely beautiful and was surprisingly quiet with hardly anyone else around. The room was perfect and the food was great. Kids loved the pools (which were a bit cold!) and our eldest daughter loved doing pottery. Everyone made us feel very welcome and we would definitely come back again and recommend to others. In fact we liked it so much we came back for an afternoon visit and lunch later in our holiday when back in Marrakech. Beldi really is a lovely oasis of calm and tranquillity and a perfect escape from the busyness of Marrakech - and just 15 mins from the centre by taxi. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

This Country Club is a 20 minute drive from the medina. This is a beautiful French inspired oasis, complete with a magnificent rose garden.

The black pool is a bit cold, but its surrounding makes you not think about it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I hate to give bad reviews but I feel I need to share my experience with Beldi (both the hotel and just the day-pass for the pool and lunch towards the end of my review here).

Checking their website the place really looks amazing...and it quite honestly is such a stunning property. The gardens and decor are brilliant. What was lacking in a major way for me was the service and quality of what should come with the pricetag of their rooms.

These are my gripes with the place which in and of themselves are not that bad but when added up together really made for a disappointing experience. I ended up leaving after 1 night.

1. The front desk staff are very young and seemingly on their own with running the place. The level of service for what you expect from their site and rates is WAY below what one would expect from a place that represents itself as they do. The staff speak very loudly arranging things amongst themselves and just make the front desk seem like a really stressful place to be.

2. When I checked in my room it wasn't ready yet, which is fine as it was a last minute booking but I said I wanted to just go sit in there as the girls cleaned it and got it ready but when the receptionist took me in they all 3 started literally yelling at each other inside my room and it was more overwhelming than the front desk. The ladies took what seemed like forever to make the bed and get out of there!

3. It is a family place and there were a LOT of kids there the weekend I was there. Which meant screaming/whining kids pretty much constantly during the stay, including 2 little ones crying late at night and early in the morning in the rooms and courtyard that all the guestrooms share. I have a kid myself so I get it but it really was even more than I could tune out...

4. The breakfast included in the rate had 3 dry boxed cereals out, a ton of breads and some fruit and yogurt. It reminded me of an all-inclusive buffet somewhere of mediocre quality instead of the Moroccan breakfasts that are typical all over (even in a regular riad in the medina).

5. This is an interior design point but something I thought should be mentioned. The rooms are quite lovely and there was a gorgeous soaking tub in the room and of course I took advantage of that but as I looked to my left towards the bathroom, the view from the tub is of all the ugly plumbing under the sinks and there was a can of Raid there as well....? IMO if you are going to have such a beautiful place with rates of $250usd+ per night the details should be well attended. Some people might not have noticed this but to me it was glaring.

6. The next morning I decided I was just being overly picky and headed to the pool to just relax and read for the afternoon. Kids were jumping in the pool and screaming and all but it was ok....I just wanted a juice (breakfast had not been enough since I can't eat gluten) but instead of the pool boys passing through every so often I never saw one. I actually ended up having to get up and go to the front desk to ask if there even was one to order from (see below for the pool service on the non-hotel guest side)...I ordered a grapefruit juice from them and went back to my chair. I literally read 15 pages in my book and the juice still hadn't arrived (mind you there is a bar in reception 10 steps away). At that point I decided to just check out and go back to the Medina (it was actually more tranquil there if you can believe it!). I went online, looking for a place back in the city, booked the room and then went to the front desk to tell them I would be checking out. The pool boy walks out from behind the bar with my grapefruit juice literally about 40 minutes after I ordered it. I told him nevermind that I had wanted it by the pool. I went to pack my things and when I got back to the front desk to go they offered me the juice again as I was waiting for the driver to arrive. I took it and I also told the staff the reasons I was leaving (in the nicest way possible because they wondered why I was leaving as I had planned to stay for 3 nights). I am a hotel owner myself so I understand very well how all the operations work but even my staff at a place much less expensive than this one are better attendants. When the driver came they dropped my bill for the juice! I was like...really?? you are going to charge me 40dhm for this juice that I waited nearly an hour for and am leaving because I am unhappy?! by then i was pretty ticked and the staff was giving major attitude. I am fairly sure they said something nasty in french as I was leaving with the driver. It was a really unprofessional experience and I don't think it was isolated as I see some other reviews here.

I will say that the reason I wanted to stay here in the first place was because I had come to relax by the pool that is open to outside guests on the spa side with a restaurant and some shopping. THIS WAS A FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE and a great thing to do for the afternoon.

My 2 girlfriends and I came for their lunch and pool package (around $40usd per person for the day). We had adorable pool boys, the lunch was insanely delicious and my friend and I even took a pottery class that was super fun! The whole day was so fun and beautiful that I thought, how lovely to stay here for my last few days in Morocco (and I wanted to come back to paint and finish my pottery). They even are making glass onsite so you can watch them blowing and shaping the glass which was super cool...

It is like the hotel side and the day guest pool side are run by different managers...really. It wasn't even the same place! I would give the day at Beldi a stellar review but the hotel experience is what I am basing my review ratings on here.

I hate to give a bad review but I have had SO many amazing experiences in Morocco and this one was just so terrible that I couldn't even believe it.

I had come from Tigmiza Suites in the Palamarie, Chambre d'amis in the medina, Villa Maroc in Essaouria, and ended up booking at La Maison Arabe back in the medina afterwards and all of these locations (even though very different from each other in style and pricing) were consistently professional, impeccable service, attention to detail, and overall a class act.

Beldi as a hotel has MUCH to be desired....such a shame because the place is sooooo beautiful and could be so cool : (

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The gardens are beautiful, the swimming pools are outstanding and the atmosphere is great.
The rooms are good also - nothing outstanding but OK.

Then comes the staff. They dont care, they argue with guests, you always have the impression of bothering them. Service is slow - they apologised saying there was lot of guests.

Unfortunately I will not go back - and it is disappointing because they are so close to being great.
But they would need new management that pays more attention to details and want to make sure things are great. That the little details get fixed, that the staff are happy to serve etc...

They also need a gym - they have the space.

Wifi worked in common areas but not in the rooms

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

Brilliant
The endless exotic gardens and shabby chic buildings. Stunning
The staff - always charming and full of good intent - if in need of a bit of direction
The pools
The bedrooms - spacious and cool, comfortable retreats from the sun
Access to Marrakech - very reasonable taxis at hotel's pre-negotiated rate (watch out coming back!)
Clay tennis court
Reception - always tried hard

Bad
Complete absence of management. No-one gripping things. We watched 3 members of staff berate an over-burdened waiter colleague while they stood around doing little. The owner appears when conferences/weddings etc are on but appears to otherwise avoid the hotel.
Food - 5 of the 6 of us had bad stomachs after meals at the hotel, the lunch menu didn't change in a week and the dinner menu was pretty limited
Restaurant service - we waited an hour and 15 mins between sitting down and lunch arriving one day. When it did arrive one dish (penne arrabiata) was missing. They then brought the replacement pasta 10 minutes later and it was stone cold - how does that happen??
Bathrooms - despite having 2 larger rooms the shower was in the bath in each and was a 'hold it with one hand while washing with the other' type.
Wifi in room kept going off - gave up mentioning to reception as never seemed to make a difference
Smoke - Beldi runs a glass factory in the grounds. When the furnaces are going and the wind is in a certain direction the whole property is fumigated. Horrid sulphrous stench which caused us to abandon 2 games of tennis.

So hard to create the 'brilliants', so easy to fix the 'bads'...

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel By Beldi? Share your experiences!