“the most beautiful getaway place for a couple” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel By Beldi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel By Beldi
You added Hotel By Beldi to your Saves list
Km 6 Route du Barrage | BP 210, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #226 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Brussels
“the most beautiful getaway place for a couple”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Foreword: I would have given 5/5 for the place, or even 6/5 if I could, but I brought it down to only 3/5 because of the way pricing was handled.

When looking for a place to relax for a few days as a single woman in the vicinity of Marrakech, one of my options was this Country Club. The person with whom I had interacted by mail to make the reservation (Naima), had let me know that I would not be able to benefit from any double-room-single-use price modulation “because the rooms were in great demand”. Having decided to take it at full double-room-double-use price anyway to just stay half the time I had anticipated (*), I was kind of surprised to find there were not even 10 other hotel guests staying … However, I was also immediately and totally a blown off my socks by the absolute beauty of the place. The layout of the grounds was gorgeous, disorientating with surprising views around each corner, and cosy sitting arrangements everywhere (with local woodcarved furniture). Ironically, the beauty of all these cosy corners made it even more apparent how deserted (as in, empty of people) this place was. It was also deserted, as in, in the middle of nowhere, but that is exactly the point : dépayser within a country that is already tailored to depaysement in its own right. Then I was escorted to my room, and there my vocabulary runs short : the room was just breathtaking. Not in an opulent way, just breathtaking because of the simplicity and authenticity of the furniture and decoration. I retrospectively empathized with the interior decorator faced with tough choices when having had to incorporate modern time electronic features (doorkey; airco; waterheater for tea) to blend in with the otherwise antique look and feel of the room. My room (Mamoun, nr 23) had close to no WIFI signal, but I didn’t ask to change rooms for fear of getting a room that would be a fraction less enchanting. There were alternatives to sit elsewhere to get in touch with the outside world, or in the very cosy homecinema room beaming either TV channels or a selection of DVD’s. The private terrace with two chaises longues and a bath I would have probably appreciated more if Bjorn had been able to join me on this trip, but in my double-room-single-use setting, this was less appealing. We are very eclectic travellers, ranging from youth hostels in Napels with the kids, to Oberoi just the two of us with a view on the Gizeh Pyramids, but this hotel has this “je ne sais quoi” charm that I’ve not come across before. While making a remark about it for the benefit of other travellers who may be better at negotiating, the pricing of the room was what it was, non-negotiable in a very un-Morrocean tradition. For one person, without anything salty for one of the 2 breakfasts (“no cheese in the house”), without WIFI in the room, without poolheating which makes swimming impossible end of october, the quality-price was probably off, but in Morroco it is difficult to know what is the right price for anything (unless you’re a member of one of the tourist selfhelp groups online like this one). But if there is a next time in Marrakech with Bjorn, we’ll definitely be back to stay here.

(*) see my review of the place I stayed at the remainder of my time in Marrakech (Club Eldorador Marrakech Palmeraie).

Room Tip: if you need WIFI in your room, explicitly ask for it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Beldi Country Club is an excellent hotel, not to far away from Marrakech (15 min).
The spa is excellent, the garden so beautiful and the staff very friendly! The interior design is beautiful and every room is different. There is no tv on the room, which is perfect if you want to disconnect from the world. I highly recommend this place.
Will definitely comeback!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

fantastic hotel 5-10minutes outside of Marrakech. The whole complex is an oasis with never-ending gardens, 3 pools and the best spa I have ever visited. the service was fantastic and we much enjoyed are stay. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is the club for non hotel residents in the grounds of the Beldi Hotel. The club is excellent having a very large pool for adults and 2 smaller for children, plenty of space in beautiful gardens with a very good restaurant, where a three course meal comes with the entry price. In our 7 days in a riad in the Medina we came here 3 days as it is so pleasant and well run. The spa was also very good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I just discovered the Beldi and I am hooked. The place is typical and stunning. The staff is charming and discreet but always around if you need anything. I loved the interior design of the rooms and the old vintage doors laying around the riad ( the owner apparently loves to collect them!)
I went a few days with friends but I'm already planning another trip for a family reunion!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Although the food was not memorable, I would recommend the Beldi for its wonderful gardens and atmosphere. Lots of trendy French expats when we went.
It’s a bit outside the city, so you’ll have to take a taxi. I saw many people had paid the day-fee for using their beautiful pools. And they have the good sense to have built a separate pool for children.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Marrakech
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

After many day visits to the Beldi for lunch and a day by the pool, I decided to stay overnight in the hotel. The hotel is built in a "country" (beldi) style and is one of the most comfortable and beautiful small hotels I have ever stayed at. It is set about 6km outside Marrakech amongst large fields of roses, olive trees and flowering plants all well tended by an excellent staff. The room/suite I stayed in was very large with a private patio including outdoor bath--there was also a large indoor shower. Linen and bathroom amenities are of the highest quality. Service is friendly. My only reason to give it less than 5 stars is that the food, while good, does not live up to the quality of the hotel in my opinion.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel By Beldi? Share your experiences!