“I wouldn't recommend it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Grand Imilchil

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Le Grand Imilchil
You added Hotel Le Grand Imilchil to your Saves list
Avenue Echouhada Hivernage, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #386 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Lund, Sweden
“I wouldn't recommend it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We were promised a family room. However, when we arrived at the hotel, we got two double bedrooms on different floors, which is not very convenient when travelling with children. One of the rooms had a door that was very difficult to lock. On our day of departure we had to leave early, but the staff could not even offer us a cup of coffee or tea. We did not feel welcome at all at this place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

The location is not in the center but fun walking there. In summer the pool must be nice only you can look into it from the street side. Don't know if you want that since a lot of woman are dressed with veils.

BIG MINUS:
Noise is hell! When I asked for another room they gave me one on the same side and I ended up in a discussion that I had issues with the noise and they told me there was no noise. I gave up but will never return.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

I stayed for 8 nights. Sometimes the reception staff were friendly and helpful but more often they were disinterested. They did not seem to have an efficient admin system. My bill was paid in advance from the Uk but they had no record of this and they became uncomfortably confrontational and accusing. When a phone call clarified the misunderstanding, no apology was given to me.
I had one room at the front which was reasonably spacious with a balcony. Then I was given another room at the back which was small, no balcony and poorly furnished.The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff were friendly and efficient.
The breakfast was very basic and not good value at the price although the staff in the dining room were courteous and seemed to enjoy their work.
Overall its asset is its location and then its pot luck what you get .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a holiday with a walking company. The hotel was roomy, plumbing in bedroom poor dripping taps no plugs., Water however was hot and plentiful. Bed very very hard. Breakfast hard roll and danish pastry, took 3 days to get bread. No choice of jam during stay. Coffee luke warm. Service dreadful, it was quicker to get your own breakvfast. No plates used only very thin paper serviette to place on table or your lap. Dinner boring same soup served each evening until request for atlernative made. Likewise no choice other than tagine. Pudding either fruit or yoghurt.. On one night we had creme caramel I asked for fruit told no fruit available. Difficult to eat food around the low round table of 7 people. Most people ate their food on their knee. Collapsable chairs were litarally that,when I pushed my chair back it folded and I fell flat on my back the waiter was amused and did not take my complaint seriously. Chairs still reappeared at other times despite their unsafe condition. The worst hotel for service and food variety I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed December 2010
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

For: Reasonable sized rooms, very clean, new aircon, room-width french windows onto balconies, 15-minute walk to the Medina, quick drive to airport. Breakfast until 10 and checkout until 12.
Against: General dilapidation. Plumbing in need of attention (leaks, drips, loose taps etc.), french windows ill-fitting, resulting in a lot of noise from busy road outside. Staff fairly witless, especially at breakfast.
To sum up: Ok for a night but not an extended stay.

• Stayed November 2010
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The concierge was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast food was good. Pool was refreshing. Would consider staying here again--good value for money.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lodi, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

rooms are ok: enough big, average cleannes. it's not too close from the street, so you'll hear some noise but not too much. average service too. the swimming pool is clean. 490 dh a double room + 45 dh for breakfast in 10/2009

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Le Grand Imilchil? Share your experiences!