“I can just agree with all the nice things written about Zayane” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Zayane

Save Saved
You added Riad Zayane to your Saves list
Riad Zayane
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   36, derb Nakhla | Bab Doukkala - médina, Marrakech 40008 , Morocco   |
Ranked #203 of 1,057 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Stockholm, Sweden
“I can just agree with all the nice things written about Zayane”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just came back from a week in Marrakech and our stay in Zayane was fantastic. One of the things I liked best were that the breakfast was so good and felt very healthy. Thanks a lot to all of you working in Zayane!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

just had fabulous christmas week in riad zayane location is good food rooms and service are excellent nothing is too much trouble for jaouad and the two girls bahija is a fabulous cook and all meals were excellent and i intend to return in 2013 anyone who gives this riad a poor rating is either a fool or a rival
dave collins wigan england

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Great little place within the walls of the City. It is a bit hard to find, so book a meet and greet and not like us by getting a cab at the airport, as most of them don’t know where it is.

Food is great; rooms are in keeping with the ambience of the place. Clean, smart, safe and comfortable.

Breakfasts are healthy and appropiate for the for the Moroccan heat that awaits you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would recommend the Riad to any couple going to Morocco who want both a fast-paced trip and also some relaxation time. Just a short walk from Old and New town, its the perfect base to explore from. The breakfasts were lovely and varied every morning and the dinners were delectable (you must order them 24 hours in advance as they cook them just for you!). Sometimes they waited on me and my boyfriend and there was no one else around, we felt like royalty! They arranged a taxi from the airport and back after I emailed them a few days before which made it easier to find the place (you have to walk down a couple of streets to get there where cars cant drive down). They also arranged a day trip to the Atlas Mountains where we saw all the sights, had a lovely lunch and also climbed one of the snowy mountains to see the waterfalls (...learn from my mistake and wear appropriate footwear for this, I did the whole thing in a pair of ballet pumps and it was a struggle!)
Overall, one of the best holidays I've ever had and such a beautiful hotel. I couldnt fault it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My boyfriend & I have just returned from 2 weeks in Morocco. We spent the first half of our holiday on a busy tour of the country so when we arrived at Riad Zayane for the last 5 nights of our holiday, the serene enviornment was exactly what we needed. When you first arrive, the streets outside can feel a little daunting but we never had any trouble & found it all added to the experience. The riad itself is so pretty when you first walk in, I was really impressed by the layout & decor, I loved coming back to it each day. The staff cannot do enough to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, I found them to be extremely helpful & courteous. The breakfasts are really good & slightly varied each day, which is nice. We had 1 meal (on our 1st night) & despite being quite expensive it was well worth it & probably one of the best meals we experienced whilst in Morocco. We stayed in the Zayane room, this is the cheapest room. I had read other reviews saying how small it is so I was a bit concerned. I needn't have worried though, it was perfect for what we needed & for the price it was very good value. The terrace is amazing, we utilised it on a few occasions after breakfast & after a busy day out & about. The riad provides free wifi but it only works upstairs, the higher up you go the better apparantly! :) Overall I would definitely recommend this little oasis to anyone & I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a delightful 3 night break at Riad Zayane - where we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversay. We had a lovely time (had been to Marrakech before but this was our first time in Riad Zayane). The staff went out of their way to make our stay a comfortable and a memorable one. My husband (in a moment of romance ;o) contacted the Riad in advance of our arrival to organise a flower arrangement for our room. What an arrangement it was too! 50 or more beautiful roses, some were scented - stunning! We stayed in the Oasis room - beautiful and large enough (has a sofa and chairs) to spend time in when not out exploring (the roof terrace is a great place to relax too). Breakfast was delicious and fresh. I can not fault Riad Zayane and genuinely look forward to returning one day soon (we only got back last night but I have already been on to various airlines' websites to look at flight prices for next year!). Many thanks go to Joed (not sure of the spelling, sorry) and the team for looking after us at Riad Zayane and Alexandre for answering all my questions via email before heading out to Marrakech.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oasis room - beautiful and large enough (has a sofa and chairs) to spend time in wh...