“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar-K

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Dar-K
Derb Boucetta lekbir No23, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #32 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I can't think of a better place to be after a long day in the streets of Marrakesh. As soon as you walk in you can feel the serenity. Sarah, yassine and Malika provided an incredible human service, they made you feel part of the family. Even my super active boys (8 & 10) felt more relaxed in this little Oasis.
I would recommend this place to everyone even if i would prefer to keep it a well garded secret...
I would also strongly recommend for 1 evenning to taste Malika's cooking !
I can't wait to go back !!

Canadian Family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

As a solo female traveller on my first trip to Marrakech, I really appreciated the service provided by Sarah, Yassine & Malika. Sarah & Yassine assisted me in booking a cooking school, restaurants, hammams during my stay & a pick up to & from the airport (recommended). This was so helpful as there is so much to do and see, the guidance was invaluable. The riad itself was lovely, I felt very relaxed there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have never written a review on Trip Advisor before, and I was torn as to whether to do so for Riad Dar-k, as part of me wants to keep this incredible place a secret....it truly is a stunning Riad, an oasis of calm in the madness of Marrakesh. From the moment we stepped in the door we realised we had stumbled across something special. It is elegant, beautiful, peaceful and the rooms are exquisitely done. As there are only 4 rooms, there is so much space, and you quite often feel like you have the riad to yourself. At the same time it manages to feel luxurious yet welcoming and intimate, and I think that is down to the wonderful staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them, they go out of their way to help you and we left feeling truly spoilt. The food we ate on our first night cooked by Malika was some of the best we had in Morocco, and Sarah, the owner, sat down with us to recommend restaurants, places to visit and took us for a tour of the souk on our first morning (a definite must, that place is like a maze). Yassine was always on hand to help, be it bringing us some mint tea on the terrace at midnight or helping us when we got lost! The location couldn't be better as you really are in the heart of the Medina, yet you step through the door and you escape the madness and enter a different, much more peaceful world.

I will definitely be returning, bringing my friends and family with me.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful - we stayed in the ground floor room and the Douiria suite, both of whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I simply can't recommend Riad Dar K highly enough, it is stunning. Sarah went out of her way to ensure our stay was perfect, recommending restaurants, showing us around and helping to arrange anything we needed. As there are only 4 rooms which are beautifully decorated the personal service from Sarah, Yassine and Malika was exceptional, as was the food and Moroccan wine. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

A lot has been said about how beautiful this place is and it is all true. But our experience was defined by the friendliness of Sarah and Yassine and the lovely Malika.

We planned to stay there for 4 days and loved every moment of it. And thanks to some last moment change of plans, ended up staying another couple of days.

Generous to a fault, Sarah, Yassine and Malika were perfect hosts. Malika's food was divine. The rooms are were traditional but minimal in design, and extremely comfortable. We ended up taking pictures of every little corner of the Riad. The orange trees in the courtyard, the breakfast setting on the terrace, the plunge pool that was covered and converted into a sitting area for winter, the perfect location near Medrassa Ben Youseff. Sarah arranged for everything, she gave us dining tips, chatted with us and made sure we enjoyed our stay.

Would recommend it no end and we hope we get to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just returned from our trip and loved our time at Riad Dar-K. Everything from start to finish was perfect. Sarah met us near the Riad and welcomed us so warmly. As soon as we walked in, it was so peaceful, quiet, and the place is incredibly tasteful and beautifully done.
The riad couldn't be in a more convenient location: close to all the major sites, souks, but located a few minutes from the hectic areas, which is so incredibly important, especially when one is staying in the medina. Our room was such a pleasure to stay in. It was clean, beautiful, and quiet. The breakfasts were very filling and tasty: fresh fruits, yogurts, breads, orange juice, coffee ( enough to keep us full until dinner).
The highlight of our stay was Sarah and her staff. We couldn't have asked for a more friendly, and welcoming group of people. They felt like friends and always were such a pleasure to be around. Sarah is very helpful and has amazing suggestions. She would even take time out of her day to walk us to various places. How incredibly sweet of her it was.
Anyone who stays here will love it. There is not one flaw I can think of. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Riad Dar-K for one week and couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was definitely a home away from home. Marrakech can get a little overwhelming at times and Sarah and her lovely staff provided us refuge after our busy and sometimes hectic days in the medina. Sarah is a very hands on hostess and is so incredibly kind. The location of the Riad is also excellently placed. It's close to the Madrasa which is probably one of the most beautiful places a tourist can go (I suspect there are some incredible mosques but tourists aren't allowed in). It is also close to the souks but not in the middle of the hectic bustle...it's on the outskirts where the souks taper off into shops and a fruit market where the locals go. It's a perfect spot and only a three minute walk away from the spice market which then leads into the main souks. It truly is perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dar-K? Share your experiences!