“Simple style with a smile...” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Dar-K
Derb Boucetta lekbir No23, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #18 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
dakin
“Simple style with a smile...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

It has taken me a month or so to get round to writing this but we stayed in Morocco for a week, staying in Marrakech for 3 days, then over to Essaouira for a couple of days and then back to Marrakech. The time that we spent at Riad Dar-K was the highlight of our visit to Morocco. Sarah was fantastic, showing us around and just fixing everything- where to go, what to see- how to get back!
We really loved this place- it's beautifully put together and you feel really well looked after. Sarah- if you read this can you let me know which rose wine you gave us on our first night- it was teh best I ever tasted?
To sum this place up- simple and elegant, plus you get the feeling that Sarah and her team really would do anything to make your trip comfortable. We will be back!

Room Tip: We had a suite, lovely and big- simply furnished.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hi,
My fiancé and I stayed here in February and really enjoyed our 4 nights here. Its modern, clean, bright and all of the staff are wonderful.
I would defiantly stay here again if I went back to Marrakech.
Sean And Sarah

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Second time staying at Riad Dar-K and was just as pleasurable as the first time! We even took our friends!
Sarah, Yassine and Malina made our stay relaxed and comfortable!
Good food, chilled out style and NO TV! Good stuff!
TAKE ME BACK NOW!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed in three different riads while in Marrakech and Dar-K was by far the stand-out. The rooms are huge with natural light and are furnished with a modern minimalist moroccan flavour, great location in the centre of the medina with a short walk to the square and souks, extremely clean and tidy, very fairly priced (particularly when compared to the other places we stayed) and Sarah and the team are very helpful and hospitable.

If we go back to Marrakesh we will stay here without a doubt.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had one of our best hotel experiences ever when we stayed at Dar-K. The wonderful riad is so well renovated in a traditional style but with a modern eye. That made us happy - space for rest, space for dreams and no bric-a-brac at all :-) which otherwise could have destroyed a house like this. We are are impressed. Wonderful breakfast on the the roof! Wonderful staff!
Wonderful rooms! Wonderful dinner - best during the week. We felt like living with friends. Dont even try to find another riad in the medina - Book now!

Asa & Soren Gothenburg Sweden

Wettingen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent 7 days in Marrakech, 1st time ever in Marocco. When i arrived i was not sure what to expect, from the city, the riad & the culture. Travelling from the airport to the Riad is one of the best experience ever. From an airport with taxis and wide street to the Dar-K Riad ,hidden in the Medina of Marrakech. Taxi and Porter were organized by the Riad. When the doors opened In Dar-K you 1st see 4 beatifull orange trees with a wonderfull smell of the flowers. Sarah welcomed me and made me feel immediately confortable like at home. She made tee and took me to my room, which was on the 1st floor. Just gorgeous, simple, but functional. No TV, no phone, no radio, just a beatifull room with floors and bathroom in tadelakt, just my style. I went immediately to the roof terrace. Here you can enjoy the real relax & chill out. even here simple but beatifull style, with a tend that make you feel being in the desert. I spent quite some time on the roof, after breakfast or just when you feel like to retreat from the souks to your home, the Dar-K. I found out that Dar-K means "Your Home". I had dinner in the Riad on my 1st night. After the appetizer is was already done but then even more delicious food arrived. Sitting and eating in front of the fireplace and listening to chill-out music made the dinner very special, absolutely worth it. In the morning i was in bed and could here the kitchen preparing fresh squized orange juice, just this makes you feel to get up and go for a delicious breakfast, lunch is not needed if you take your time at breakfast, why hurry, you are on holiday, forget time and just enjoy in a relaxed mood.
Sarah and the staff are just great, she shows you how to get to the main square and takes you to the restaurant at night, dont try alone, you will get lost.... :-). When you are in the Riad you can always ask for a tee, coffee and snacks. The location of the Riad is in a safe place, at night you even find a security person that watches the ways. All in all i can just recommend Marrakech and the Riad Dar-K. I will definetely return to this Riad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just spent the weekend in Marrakech. My wife saw this place in the Sunday Times years ago and it was well worth the wait. Arrived to a very warm and freindly welcome by host Sarah. We had a great dinner and retired to our room. Spotless and decorated with such charm. Great breakfast followed and the follwing nights dinner recommendation (Le Fondook) was sublime. Felt like a home from home the moment we arrived. Sarah's staff are first class and we highly recommend this Riad.