“Special spot and top service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 699 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, International, Moroccan, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The restaurant of La Sultana offers a traditional Moroccan cuisine to reflect the flavors of the season with the Tasting Menu, the Traditional Lamb Couscous with Seven Vegetables or the Home Made Duck Foie Gras.
Loule, Portugal
“Special spot and top service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

La Sultana is a fantastic spot inside the Medina and hidden in a tiny street.
The entrance is magical and beautifull.
The setting where we had dinner is amazing with the lights and plants inside a quite courtyard. I believe on hotter nights the diner is served on the terrace overlooking the Medina, which should be a great experience. Anyway an authentic morrocon ambiançe.
The service is the best we had at Marrakech, but a bit too formal.
We chosed a Morrocan menu to enjoy several small portions. All great. In the end a bit expensive but as we would expect at a place like this.
The setting and the service are the must of the place.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank joaovj

Chobham, England, United Kingdom
“A secret world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Step down an alleyway off one of the most chaotic streets in Marrakech and you are transported into another world. Peaceful, luxurious and serene. A must visit restaurant. Every trip has provided a highlight for us and this time we brought the children who were amazed by the boat shaped bar under the pool and the rooftop view and the dining al fresco next to the pool. Our son said it was the best food he had ever tasted... a feast for the eyes, too. Not much for fussier children to eat though!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic building and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had dinner here last week - the rooftop setting is lovely, and the meal was pretty good on the whole. Had harrira soup and pigeon pastilla which are Moroccan classics and both good - really surprised at the pigeon pastille which was delicious. We shared a whole shoulder of slow cooked lamb which was a tiny bit disappointing - it didn't really have any Moroccan flavours and came with some veg and reminded me of an English Sunday roast! My wife had a chocolate dessert and I had a sub standard apple tart. The service was great, and it's pretty pricey by local standards but was a lovely setting and the building itself has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen - it is stunning inside and throughout. I think that we should have chosen a different main course and then this might have been a 5* review.

The location is maybe 5-10 mins in a cab from the main square - a taxi ride which should be about 50dh.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
hg-lil1
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I don't often use words like superb, but that pretty much sums up our evening at La Sultana. As soon as you step in off of Marrakech's crazy streets your know you're in for a treat and walking up to the restaurant I can understand the many reviews raving about this place as a hotel.
My husband and I both went for the non-moroccan taster menu, having eaten tangine on the previous two nights, and we are so happy we did. Every mouthful was a treat and we will remember this meal on the beautiful rooftop terrace forever I have no doubt. It is undeniably pricey, especially for marrakech, but worth every penny in my opinion and would be fantastic as a treat for birthdays or anniversaries. We had a bottle of Merlot for about £16 I think which was lovely, no need to go for the more expensive wines. The staff were lovely and friendly.
If you're thinking about going, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. You'll enjoy every moment.

• 3 of 5 stars
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place will remain in your lifetime memories.
An secluded, quiet gem on the top of hectic souks the setting is breathtaking. It goes for lunch and dinner and is one of the most romantic place in Marrakesh.

Visited October 2013