“Fantastic building and setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Sultana

La Sultana
403 rue de la Kasbah | 403 rue de la Kasbah, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco (Formerly Restaurant of 'La Sultana')
+212 5243-88008
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 533 restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic building and setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had dinner here last week - the rooftop setting is lovely, and the meal was pretty good on the whole. Had harrira soup and pigeon pastilla which are Moroccan classics and both good - really surprised at the pigeon pastille which was delicious. We shared a whole shoulder of slow cooked lamb which was a tiny bit disappointing - it didn't really have any Moroccan flavours and came with some veg and reminded me of an English Sunday roast! My wife had a chocolate dessert and I had a sub standard apple tart. The service was great, and it's pretty pricey by local standards but was a lovely setting and the building itself has to be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen - it is stunning inside and throughout. I think that we should have chosen a different main course and then this might have been a 5* review.

The location is maybe 5-10 mins in a cab from the main square - a taxi ride which should be about 50dh.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
hg-lil1
“A night to remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I don't often use words like superb, but that pretty much sums up our evening at La Sultana. As soon as you step in off of Marrakech's crazy streets your know you're in for a treat and walking up to the restaurant I can understand the many reviews raving about this place as a hotel.
My husband and I both went for the non-moroccan taster menu, having eaten tangine on the previous two nights, and we are so happy we did. Every mouthful was a treat and we will remember this meal on the beautiful rooftop terrace forever I have no doubt. It is undeniably pricey, especially for marrakech, but worth every penny in my opinion and would be fantastic as a treat for birthdays or anniversaries. We had a bottle of Merlot for about £16 I think which was lovely, no need to go for the more expensive wines. The staff were lovely and friendly.
If you're thinking about going, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. You'll enjoy every moment.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This place will remain in your lifetime memories.
An secluded, quiet gem on the top of hectic souks the setting is breathtaking. It goes for lunch and dinner and is one of the most romantic place in Marrakesh.

Padova
“a romantic, pleasant and tasty terrace with good food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

You can choose Maghreb or International style cuisine. Select moroccan wines because they deserve to be drunk.Everything was well cooked and prepared .

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Surroundings are very nice
Amazing view
Great hotel
Good food, not too expensive
We sad so we could look down at SAADIAN TOMBS