“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Diarna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Diarna
Save Saved
You added Riad Diarna to your Saves list
No 163, Derb Djdid, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #281 of 1,057 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We have spent a week (during August) in this cosy and wonderful Riad!
Great location, it is just 5 mins walking to Jmaa el Fna. Personnel is truly welcoming!
You can book all your excursions in the Riad, we have been in Zagora Desert, Ouzoud Cascades and Essaouira, all of them were worthing the visit.
Definetely Excellent!

Giulia and Leandro

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in total. The riad is small and private and conveniently located near to the Medina. Simone, the owner, had arranged everything for us to perfection. We were collected by private taxi from the airport, we had a great tour with Mehdi. Meyriam, the housekeeper cooked for us and looked after us beautifully. Relaxing and welcoming I would recommend this riad to anyone visiting Marrakech for the first time. Thank you Simone and Meyriam.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

Excellent value for your money. The feeling of being somewhere totally different is great. The welcome was warm, the location is surprising. This country is beautiful. Madame Simone speaks French and English, she has the French nationality. She proved to be very helpful. She knows everything and everyone in the city. Without her you are lost. She proves to be the anchor of your vacation. Do you want an outlandish holiday? Go to the riad (=house) Diarna!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Located in heart of the Medina, very near the main square and other attractions, Riad Diarna is such a delightful place to stay. The bedrooms are comfortable and full of nice little touches that make you feel relaxed and welcome. The food and mint tea served in the Riad are delicious.
Unfortunately, I became ill as soon as I arrived in Marrakech. As you may know, it is not really easy if these things happen to you when you are away from home in an unfamiliar place. But Simone, the Riad’s owner, did everything she could to help me and looked after me as if I were a member of her family. I felt really touched by her kindness and I did recover well within a couple of days.
Simone also organised our airport transfers, excursions around Marrakech and even booked the Hammans we wanted visit, everything we needed really.
I have already booked my trip back to Marrakech in order to recover the missed days from my holidays due to my illness, so I have booked a room for myself at Riad Diarna again at the end of March.
Thank you, Simone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cirencester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I came to Riad Diarna with 7 friends on a celebratory birthday trip to Morocco. I am so glad we chose to stay at this Riad in Marrakech. It is situated close to the Jmaa el Fna and so is easy to find in the warren of streets in the medina.

Simone, our host, was charming, most helpful and I felt so warmly welcomed. We had a special birthday meal at the Riad - Couscous Royale - excellent food, great company, a lovely evening.

Simone organised my friends' transport from the airport efficiently, the guide Medhi and helped us in every way. The Riad is very comfortable - a real home from home. Lovely rooms with personal touches which reflect Simone's personality, roses in our rooms and such a special ambiance. I look forward to staying there again on my next visit.

Highly recommended !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
MONAMarrakech, Propriétaire at Riad Diarna, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you so much - your postcard "ROSE" is staying in your room "ROSE & LILAS" !!!!
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

We arrived for one night before going up to the Atlas mountains and returned for two moe. Simone makes everything so easy. The taxi was where she said it would be, it was paid for and all we had to do was enjoy the ride.
The riad is beautiful. Rooms open from a courtyard where birds fly and sing. all the rooms are beautiful with rose petal scattered across the beds and thoughtful touches such as fans and water. We had a Couscous Royale on or first night as we had arrived late and for the other two nights, Simone provided suggestions of restaurants and when we had made our choice she made the booking and walked us there. She seems to know nearly everyone in the medina and nothing is too much trouble forthis perfect

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
MONAMarrakech, Owner at Riad Diarna, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
To give pleasure is also my pleasure....Thanks to you !
florida, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

The hotel that we wanted was not available the owner suggested we stay with her friend simone at riad Diarna. I emailed simone and she had space available for my husband, myself and 11 year old. Only four days prior to arrival I took the booking sight unseen. I was just happy to have a reservation. Hopefully it would be clean and we would feel safe. To make a long story short. All doubts were vanished upon entering the Riad. Riad Diarna was a delight. It was clean, we felt safe, comfortable and very welcomed. Located in the Medina on steps away from the main square. It was a wonderful oasis of serenity for my family after spending the day sightseeing, shopping etc. We felt as if we were visiting a family friend. Chatting late at night in the salon over mint and soft lounge music. We hope to return someday in the near future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Riad Diarna? Share your experiences!