“Did we have high expectations of riad aguaviva? Oh yes. Were our expectations exceeded? Yes yes yes!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Aguaviva

20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I think Riad Aguaviva might just be THE best place to stay in Marrakech. I'm still shaking my head and finding it hard to believe that even with all the excellent ratings and comments on tripadvisor, the people who look after you here and the riad itself still far exceeded expectations. Many reviewers have mentioned the riad is like an oasis, sited just far enough from the centre of the medina to feel part of a local neighbourhood when wandering out and about, the beautiful interior design (all too true) but it really is the people who are the heart of this riad - and words are really not enough to express their warmth, kindness, enthusiasm, knowledge and care for each and every guest. Thank you thank you thank you David, Manel, Sara, Sidi and everyone who helps make Riad Aguaviva the magical place it is.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lovely sultan room. All rooms face the central courtyard so you can sometimes hear...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Girona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Aguaviva Riad is excellent, it's a very nice, confortable and ellegant Riad. The service is really good, the staff there is helpfull and friendly.
After to walk around the streets of the medina is a pleasure to arrive in the riad. It's like a oasis of peace and comfort.
Manel give us a trip in the labyrint Medina and he suggest alternative routes unknown for most tourists . I aprecitaed that because we know Marrakech from inside and alternative routes unknown for most tourists.
Our experience there will be unforgettable, Manel book for us inice and sophisticated restaurants in the Medina and also the popular and cheap restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I booked Riad Aguaviva because of the good reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor. I'm very pleased to say that David, Manel and the rest of the team are highly deserving of the praise! They made us feel extremely welcome, and were very helpful when my boyfriend and I realised we had made a mistake with our booking. The Riad itself is beautifully presented, and was a lovely place to relax in after the hustle and bustle of the Medina.

The advice we received about where to go was invaluable, but at the same time, my boyfriend and I do like to explore ourselves. At first we felt a little pressure to go where David had suggested, but after the first day we appreciated that he just wanted to help us get the most of our visit and that we could take his suggestions or leave them as we liked.

I'd definitely stay here again - it was great value for money, comfortable, clean, and the team were so friendly and helpful. I think it's the first holiday where I've had a hug and kiss from the hotel owners at the end! The Riad is quite a long walk from the centre of the action, but I really liked this - it was a quiet neighbourhood and it meant we saw a bit more of daily life in Marrakech, rather than just the tourist areas. The only thing I would say is that their website is a little difficult to navigate. I had to translate it into English from Spanish, and I think this is why we made a mistake with our booking.

All that's left is to say is....thank you!

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been to lots of places.and this is absolutely the best serviced hotel ever stayed in. People there are just so considerate and helpful!! They will tell you everything about where to visit, good restaurants and clubs, etc. And i have to say its owner David has a good taste on things and his recommendations never disappointed us. Another example is We bought a watermelon and the second day it was served nicely on skewers! Never had such good services even in 5 star hotels.

Anyway, I highly recommend this Riad especially for the first time visitors because Marrakesh is not an easy city and you'll have to need information from them.

• Stayed May 2013
Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

When you reach Marrakech old city, and start walking down its narrow twisted streets, you never imagine that an oasis can be hidden behind the walls. This is what you find out when the door of Riad Aguaviva opens. It is a cozy, ellegantly yet simply furnished Riad.
The staff are welcoming, pleasant, attentive to details and warm. The Riad was clean and neat. The rooms are of good space; very clean. I loved our bathroom. So much attention was placed in details and that works for me.
Breakfast was enough and tasty, the Riad made jams, esp carrot jam, are delicious! I even got a gift from the chef (carrot jam) when we were leaving the Riad.
The thing that amazed us the most, was seeing the staff explaining Merrakech's old streets and the sites to see with such detaild and light nature. They must have covered that a 100 times at least, got asked the same questions, yet are dedicated towards showing their guests the best of what to do/ and see.
My only comment was that the room had one window which opened at the inner veranda, we had our privacy but had to make a choice about opening the window for natural air circulation or just using the AC. We did both at various times.
I would recommend this place and if ever I go back to Merrakech, would stay at this Riad.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, clean and have AC.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Folgaria, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The gushing reviews of this Marrakesh riad say it all - and we'd say that they're all true! Our family were treated as royal guests, and our children are still talking about their experience at Aguaviva. The highlight for us was Simo's dinner - part cooking lesson and part Moroccan rooftop feast. Our two boys trailed him to the local butcher, the one stop tangia spice shop (complete with rent-a-claypot), and later on to the hammam, where our dinner was roasted in the communal fire. By far our best meal in Morocco (but be careful- Simo doesn't like to admit that he can cook).
David gave us the insider's guide to the city and beyond during his famous "morning show", Oti stayed up late to worry about our late night returns (and mixed a fabulous mojito as well), Sara orchestrated every shopping and food detail in Arabic and Manel conducted the well practiced teamwork from the background. A huge thanks to the Aguaviva family for making our visit perfect! We'll return, inshallah, Alex, Sandy, Addison & Liam

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Having just returned from our wonderful trip to Marrakech I can safely say that it wouldn't have been half as wonderful without the help and kindness of the lovely people at Riad Aguaviva. From the second we arrived, Manel, David, Oti, Sarah and Simo could not have been more helpful. The Riad is a beautiful oasis in the heart of the Medina and is perfectly located so that we got to know the real Marrakech as well as the usual tourist locations. When visiting somewhere as vibrant and often chaotic as Marrakech it is so important to have expert help and guidance and every single suggestion we were given by the Aguaviva family was so well thought out and exactly matched the type of holiday we wanted to have. They enjoy getting to know you and tailoring their suggestions to what they think will help you enjoy Marrakech to the maximum. Sarah was brilliant when it came to helping us negotiate the labyrinth of the Medina and by the end of the week we felt like we really knew our way around the place. As far as the Riad itself is concerned, the rooms and the communal areas are impeccably decorated and the food at breakfast is excellent, giving a real taste of Moroccan cuisine.

We genuinely do not have a single negative comment about the Riad and the people. An adopted family in our new favourite city of Marrakech! We will be back - and that's a promise!!

Ben and Hannah x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Aguaviva? Share your experiences!