“Honeymoon getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,037 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Riad Aguaviva for our honeymoon. The service was exceptional and the staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about Marrakech. The Riad itself is lovely too - we enjoyed home-cooked breakfasts each day by the pool, which helped prepare us for the craziness of the city. We were given a personal tour to the main square, Djemaa El Fna, so that we could learn to navigate the alleyways without getting lost. Their local knowledge is amazing and they will really go to any length to ensure your stay is enjoyable. They helped us with restaurant reservations and helped organise a day-trip for us to the Ourika Valley. I really can't recommend Riad Aguaviva enough!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Words cannot express our gratitude for the wonderfully attentive and superb service we have received here. Many thanks to David and Manel and all their wonderful staff for the personal tours, recommendations and attention to detail. If you want a wonderful oasis of calm within an otherwise manic Marrakech, this is definitely the place to stay. Beautifully prepared breakfasts, mint teas and plenty of good company/hospitality. I cannot recommend highly enough. If you are considering, then do book!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Wow, what an amazing weekend. It was made all the more special with our fantastic hosts. Dinner on our first night was traditional Morrocan style, and every dish tasted great. Each morning we had breakfast on the sunny terrace, and what tasty treats they were.
The rooms were all beautifully decorated. There was a group of 6 of us, so got to see the other rooms too, each had it's own individual style.
If you are looking for a weekend getaway, with plenty of shopping the Moroccan way, I would throughily recommend the Riad Aguaviva

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked this Riad based solely on the Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not disappointed. We found the numerous positive reviews for this Riad very accurate. The hosts could not do more for their guests and definitely go out of their way to make everyone's visit to Marrakech special. The earlier reviews describe the fantastic rooms and superb breakfasts. We had booked a basic room but were upgraded on arrival because we were the only guests for our two night stay - our room was lovely. We took up pretty much all of the host's recommendations for where to visit and where to eat and every recommendation proved to be very worthwhile. When we arrived it was raining, and for the first few hours the rain was torrential, which did cloud our first night because we walked into the centre with our host and got soaking wet, so we recommend checking the forecast before your visit and taking appropriate clothing - sturdy waterproof shoes and a waterproof coat would have helped us! We did warm up and dry out in an excellent restaurant recommended by Aguaviva. The Riad is situated close to the northern edge of the Medina and the entrance could not be more understated - without the taxi transfer organised by Aguaviva we would have struggled to find the Riad on our own on arrival. We visited the new city on our second night, and while the restaurant recommended by Aguaviva served fantastic food, we did not care much for the new part of the city and much preferred the Medina. We spent two nights in Marrakech before moving out to a small hotel in the Atlas Mountains for four nights, from where I am writing this review. This was a good balance for our taste - 2 nights in the very busy Medina and four nights of relaxation in an astounding setting.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a girls weekend stay at this amazing Riad. We were made so welcome, everybody who works there is so lovely. Their recommendations to eat, visit, stoll around we're perfect, with plenty of time to shop. We are all definitely returning if only to sit on the roof terrace and feel like we are back home again. Thank you, you made our weekend perfect!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Barnstaple, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent a truly magical few days at Riad Aguaviva. We had the fortune to have the whole Riad to ourselves for 2 nights. Our hosts Oti, Sara and Simon were all so lovely and made us feel very welcome. Their knowledge of the city and excellent directions were very much appreciated. Eating breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was an lovely experience, tranquil and calm, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A beautifully clean and gorgeous riad that more than lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of my superb experience at this riad, i will wish to visit Marrakech again when I have chance to go to Europe again.
I don't want to add more to cleanliness, service, quality, they are all perfect. I would like to focus on those area which exceeded my expectation.
They helped me almost everything. I had 4 nights stay there and checked out on day 5 heading to Sahara desert. They allowed me go back to the riad (to my previous room) to have shower after my 2 days sahara trip before I get on the overnight train to Tangier. This is very nice and because of this, I have very good sleep on the sleeping car.
This riad helped me to do laundry twice. Given I was having a long 2 weeks trips away from home, this was very helpful. Other riads I stayed in Fes and Chefchaouen didn't provide laundry service.
The breakfast was also of excellent quality. Imagine a course breakfast!I miss all those warm pancake, moroccan jam, juice, yogurt, etc.
Sara took me to the square on Day 1 after i checked in and settled, she chatted with me on the way during our walk, gave me tips, made me brave. This was my first visit to Arab country and I was visiting alone, but i could walk back to riad by myself (25 mins, no significant lost) at night given her kind and sincere guidance. She made me felt I am a local.
I can conclude that Marrakech is suitable for solo female traveller, even you are 20-30 years old! The riad has high level of hospitality and has a sense of explainable aestheticism too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Aguaviva? Share your experiences!