“Amazing, home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 1,135 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Amazing, home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a girls weekend stay at this amazing Riad. We were made so welcome, everybody who works there is so lovely. Their recommendations to eat, visit, stoll around we're perfect, with plenty of time to shop. We are all definitely returning if only to sit on the roof terrace and feel like we are back home again. Thank you, you made our weekend perfect!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Barnstaple, Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We spent a truly magical few days at Riad Aguaviva. We had the fortune to have the whole Riad to ourselves for 2 nights. Our hosts Oti, Sara and Simon were all so lovely and made us feel very welcome. Their knowledge of the city and excellent directions were very much appreciated. Eating breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was an lovely experience, tranquil and calm, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A beautifully clean and gorgeous riad that more than lived up to our expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Because of my superb experience at this riad, i will wish to visit Marrakech again when I have chance to go to Europe again.
I don't want to add more to cleanliness, service, quality, they are all perfect. I would like to focus on those area which exceeded my expectation.
They helped me almost everything. I had 4 nights stay there and checked out on day 5 heading to Sahara desert. They allowed me go back to the riad (to my previous room) to have shower after my 2 days sahara trip before I get on the overnight train to Tangier. This is very nice and because of this, I have very good sleep on the sleeping car.
This riad helped me to do laundry twice. Given I was having a long 2 weeks trips away from home, this was very helpful. Other riads I stayed in Fes and Chefchaouen didn't provide laundry service.
The breakfast was also of excellent quality. Imagine a course breakfast!I miss all those warm pancake, moroccan jam, juice, yogurt, etc.
Sara took me to the square on Day 1 after i checked in and settled, she chatted with me on the way during our walk, gave me tips, made me brave. This was my first visit to Arab country and I was visiting alone, but i could walk back to riad by myself (25 mins, no significant lost) at night given her kind and sincere guidance. She made me felt I am a local.
I can conclude that Marrakech is suitable for solo female traveller, even you are 20-30 years old! The riad has high level of hospitality and has a sense of explainable aestheticism too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Perfecto - Expectativas Superadas
Reservamos por recomendaciones de amigos que nos lo recomendaron y aunque esperabamos algo bueno realmente superó nuestras expectativas. La atención, el personal, Manel, David, Cesc, y de todos los que trabajan alli nos hicieron sentir como en casa y vivir Marrakech de una manera muy especial. Todo fue perfecto, los super desayunos en la terraza, las habitaciones, las charlas, ... Desde luego un fin de semana perfecto que superó nuestras expectativas. Seguro que vamos a volver y recomendar ¡Gracias!

Perfect - exceeded expectations
We reserve for recommendations from friends who recommended us and although we expected something good really exceeded our expectations. Care staff, Manel, David, Cesc, and of all those who work there made us feel at home and to live Marrakech in a very special way. Everything was perfect, super breakfasts on the terrace, the rooms, the chats,... Since then a perfect weekend that surpassed our expectations. Surely we will return and recommend thanks!
Cristian & MaRosa

• Stayed November 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place lives up to the expectations from the perfect reviews. The people working here are truly wonderful. They are very friendly and helps you with everything. And they help you in a way that is very useful even if you have Lonely Planet, Tripadvisor and good maps prepared before the trip.

The rooms are beautiful and the place is very elegant. It is located 15 minutes from the square. During the first night and the first day, Cesc walked with us to show good routes to walk and good places to see and eat (they also booked a restaurant to eat since we arrived late). Finding good roads to walk is quite important since young men often want to show you in the wrong direction in Marrakech (saying like "this road is closed" or "this is only going to a mosque").

I liked the area where the riad was located. It is not in the centre of Marrakech, but in a neighborhood with almost no tourists and a genuine feeling. It was no problem to walk home at night and we mostly walked to all places in Marrakech from the riad (sometimes we used taxi). The riad is located in a small derb that is easy to spot when you know of it, but not otherwise.

We stayed for ten nights so we had lots of time to explore Morocco. Every morning during breakfast, we combined our plans with the helpful suggestions from the Riad. Cesc helped us with maps and he together with David, Sara, Oti, David and gave great advice to us. And every night, Sara or Oti waited for us to come home and then talked with us about or adventures. This was very friendly and enjoyable. Spending time with Cesc, Sara, Oti and the others from the Riad was a real highlight of our vacation.

The room was very nice and perfectly cleaned (also fresh flowers now and then). And the riad is peaceful, elegant and perfect. The people of the riad also helped us to rent a car and go to Zagora, this is highly recommended if you have the time. They also helped us to prolong the rent of the car when we decided to stay in Zagora for one more night. Amazing service!

They gave us advice about places for taking photos (like the local market near Bab Khemis), where to buy certain objects like lamps, where to buy bus tickets and so on.

The moroccan breakfast was very nice and slightly altered each morning.

Leaving this place feels a bit like leaving your home! Warm thanks for a wonderful time!

Herman

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Community of Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Even if the Riad is stunningly beautiful, spotlessly clean and serves the best breakfasts ever, it is its staff that makes it a truly unique place.

David and Manel (the owners) and the rest of the staff went out of their way to ensure our stay was safe and tailored to our interests. On day one, they took us for a free tour around the city to teach us to to get to the main square from the Riad, something that would have been impossible if it wasn't for their own-created maps and their easy explanations.
They had different suggestions for what to do or visit each day, even restaurants where to eat. Following their suggestions, we found the most amazing, non-touristy secret spots of the city.

The room was tastefully decorated and was very comfortable (if I were to make one tiny remark, the beds where a bit short for western standards but, truth is, you get so pampered at the Riad that you don't really care!).
The bathroom was beautiful and with a huge bath.

The common areas are beautiful and the terrace is the perfect place to chill out after a long day of walking around the city. It is also in the terrace where breakfast is served, and breakfast is out of this world! Not only high quality ingredients but also homemade delicacies, both western and moroccan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gottingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in Riad Aguaviva for 3 nights and we had a wonderful time. David, Manel and the rest of the staff were very caring - with hand-drawn maps and a customized plan for each day and a guided tour through the Medina. We felt more like relatives or friends than hotel guests. The rooms and the whole riad were beautiful and we really enjoyed breakfast on the rooftop terrasse. We couldnt have picked a better Riad for our first stay in Marrakech! When you book this place you have to be aware that its about a 20 mins walk to the main square. But for us, this was one of the best things about the Riad, because we got to see a lot of authentic Medina life and were a little further away from the areas crowded with tourists. we loved it!!
Thanks a lot Aguaviva Team!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in "Smara", which was perfect but we had a look at all rooms and they were all b...