“What else can you ask?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Slawi

You added Riad Slawi to your Saves list
Riad Slawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Derb Ahmed el Borj | Sidi Ben Slimane, Kaa Sour, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #61 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Roma
“What else can you ask?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Friendly, clean, great location, great breakfast..: what else can you ask?? Marrakech is a little too "commission oriented".. Many people just try to lead you to places where later they'll get money from.. Riad Slawi helped us booking a tour to Ouarzazate.. The guide strongly tried to lead us to a local restaurant notwithstanding we had brought some box lunches because we wanted to see, not sit and eat..!! After a short fight we were allowed to be on our own!!!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Riad Slawi was for us a perfect place to relax. We fell in love with the harmony and the positive atmosphere we found here. Adam and his family’s extraordinary hospitality made our stay in Marrakech unforgettable, organising: a traditional Moroccan cooking class, transportation and recommending the best places to go. The décor is well styled and reminded me of ‘1001 nights’. We are looking forward to coming back soon and highly recommend Adam’s Riad Slawi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am very disappointed not to say irritated that 3 weeks before we leave for Marrakech and a week after we booked I was called today by the Riad to say they had double booked for the period we had arranged and would need to move hotel mid way through. No question the person I spoke to was very apologetic and when I mentioned I found the hotel through TA they rang back to invite us to dinner......too little to late I'm afraid. Very poor service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMontreal, General Manager at Riad Slawi, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
First of all I am sure 100% I did not and never bumped this client out . The room she booked was overbooked twice and these problems unfortunately happen here and there by accident in the hotel business . I called this client to explain her what happened and yes I did sincerely appologise about what happened . This client had a 5 night stay in our Safae double bedroom 60 euros/night ( smaller room then the other rooms located on the 1st floor) located on the ground floor and I offered the client to stay in my riad for her first 3 nights and afterwords upgrade the client for her 2 last nights to a nicer and bigger room for the same price at my next door's neighbor's riad but the client declined the offer . I do not and never in any way treat my clients poorly and I always go the extra mile to help them and do whatever I can in my power . I asked the client as well if I could help her in her research to find another riad because she did not want to stay in our riad for the first 3 nights and I was wiling to invite her for a free full 3 course dinner and help her out if she ever needed anything in Marrakech . It feels bad and really unfortunate when someone tells you give poor service and which was and is never the case , I always treat my clients with respect and dignity and thanks to them , their kindness and honesty we have a good reputation . Thank you everyone for your understanding and cooperation and I really hope this review will not affect my business and the extreme hard work my staff and I put in this Riad .

P.S : I still respect this client , send her once again my apologies and I feel bad for what happened because I did put myself in her shoes but I hope she knows that I did the best I can and I was really ready to take good care of them and make their stay very enjoyable in Marrakech . I hope they have a good time where ever they will be staying and in Marrakech

Best wishes ,

Adam (General Manager , Riad Slawi )
York, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The Riad is amazing and Adam and the staff could not have been more helpful. If a peaceful stay in an oasis of calm is what Adam was an amazing host. He went out of his way to help us with things such as onward train tickets, transfers and advice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A small, quiet, nicely decorated Riad. Adam, the owner, was very friendly and he took very good care of us. The level of service was more personal and much higher than we expected. He arranged tranfer from the airport, showd us our way through the medina, made reservations on day trip and hammam and answered all our questions.
With only 4 gestrooms this is more like a traditional home, different from any other hotels we have stayed. Next time we visit Marrakech, we will stay at this Riad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The other reviewers have pretty much said it all. Adam the owner could not be more helpful in organizing our stay, arranging airport transfers and tours and the Riad itself is beautifully presented and welcoming. I never met Adam as he was on vacation when we arrived (he told us this in advance) but no matter at all because his father who ran the riad in his absence is a wonderful and hospitable man too! My friend katie and I were made to feel very safe. The Riad is not in the easiest of locations to find or get yourself back to but he walked us into the medina on our arrival and arranged to meet us and walk us back to the Riad in the evening so we wouldnt get lost. Again the next morning he helped us find our way and would have continued doing so if we had needed the help. I definitely reccommend having a home cooked meal at the Riad - the food is excellent and we kicked ourselves for not booking it every night as it was far and away the best meal we had in Marrakech.

Room Tip: Every room is unique.... Im not sure any is better than the other to be honest! You will have a spec...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location of the riad, while initially a little daunting, will quickly grow on you. It's in the old medina, but the extremely hospitable owner, Adam, will give you a map. After getting to the taxi stand or to the main square a couple times, it's pretty easy to do it without the map.
The riad is beautifully done. Rooms and bathrooms are nice, each floor has a little entertaining area where you can hang out/wait for friends. Breakfast is pretty hearty, as is dinner, if you were to eat there. We had lamb and chicken tajines; the food was excellent.
We got there very late at night and our taxi dropped us off at the wrong place. We called Adam, he quickly came and picked us up, took us to the riad and then took us out to make sure we had some food before we went to bed. Few places were open, and Adam was very accommodating about places we didn't feel comfortable eating at. Any requests we had while there, big or small, were immediately accepted by Adam.
It's quiet -- no matter how noisy it might get outside, the noise doesn't travel indoors at all. Really good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor (not on the ground floor) are a little pricier, but also have more privacy...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Slawi? Share your experiences!