“I'd like to say its great but they double booked and bumped us out so I'll never know” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Slawi

You added Riad Slawi to your Saves list
Riad Slawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Derb Ahmed el Borj | Sidi Ben Slimane, Kaa Sour, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #41 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I am very disappointed not to say irritated that 3 weeks before we leave for Marrakech and a week after we booked I was called today by the Riad to say they had double booked for the period we had arranged and would need to move hotel mid way through. No question the person I spoke to was very apologetic and when I mentioned I found the hotel through TA they rang back to invite us to dinner......too little to late I'm afraid. Very poor service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
AdamMontreal, General Manager at Riad Slawi, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
First of all I am sure 100% I did not and never bumped this client out . The room she booked was overbooked twice and these problems unfortunately happen here and there by accident in the hotel business . I called this client to explain her what happened and yes I did sincerely appologise about what happened . This client had a 5 night stay in our Safae double bedroom 60 euros/night ( smaller room then the other rooms located on the 1st floor) located on the ground floor and I offered the client to stay in my riad for her first 3 nights and afterwords upgrade the client for her 2 last nights to a nicer and bigger room for the same price at my next door's neighbor's riad but the client declined the offer . I do not and never in any way treat my clients poorly and I always go the extra mile to help them and do whatever I can in my power . I asked the client as well if I could help her in her research to find another riad because she did not want to stay in our riad for the first 3 nights and I was wiling to invite her for a free full 3 course dinner and help her out if she ever needed anything in Marrakech . It feels bad and really unfortunate when someone tells you give poor service and which was and is never the case , I always treat my clients with respect and dignity and thanks to them , their kindness and honesty we have a good reputation . Thank you everyone for your understanding and cooperation and I really hope this review will not affect my business and the extreme hard work my staff and I put in this Riad .

P.S : I still respect this client , send her once again my apologies and I feel bad for what happened because I did put myself in her shoes but I hope she knows that I did the best I can and I was really ready to take good care of them and make their stay very enjoyable in Marrakech . I hope they have a good time where ever they will be staying and in Marrakech

Best wishes ,

Adam (General Manager , Riad Slawi )

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
York, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The Riad is amazing and Adam and the staff could not have been more helpful. If a peaceful stay in an oasis of calm is what Adam was an amazing host. He went out of his way to help us with things such as onward train tickets, transfers and advice.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A small, quiet, nicely decorated Riad. Adam, the owner, was very friendly and he took very good care of us. The level of service was more personal and much higher than we expected. He arranged tranfer from the airport, showd us our way through the medina, made reservations on day trip and hammam and answered all our questions.
With only 4 gestrooms this is more like a traditional home, different from any other hotels we have stayed. Next time we visit Marrakech, we will stay at this Riad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The other reviewers have pretty much said it all. Adam the owner could not be more helpful in organizing our stay, arranging airport transfers and tours and the Riad itself is beautifully presented and welcoming. I never met Adam as he was on vacation when we arrived (he told us this in advance) but no matter at all because his father who ran the riad in his absence is a wonderful and hospitable man too! My friend katie and I were made to feel very safe. The Riad is not in the easiest of locations to find or get yourself back to but he walked us into the medina on our arrival and arranged to meet us and walk us back to the Riad in the evening so we wouldnt get lost. Again the next morning he helped us find our way and would have continued doing so if we had needed the help. I definitely reccommend having a home cooked meal at the Riad - the food is excellent and we kicked ourselves for not booking it every night as it was far and away the best meal we had in Marrakech.

Room Tip: Every room is unique.... Im not sure any is better than the other to be honest! You will have a spec...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The location of the riad, while initially a little daunting, will quickly grow on you. It's in the old medina, but the extremely hospitable owner, Adam, will give you a map. After getting to the taxi stand or to the main square a couple times, it's pretty easy to do it without the map.
The riad is beautifully done. Rooms and bathrooms are nice, each floor has a little entertaining area where you can hang out/wait for friends. Breakfast is pretty hearty, as is dinner, if you were to eat there. We had lamb and chicken tajines; the food was excellent.
We got there very late at night and our taxi dropped us off at the wrong place. We called Adam, he quickly came and picked us up, took us to the riad and then took us out to make sure we had some food before we went to bed. Few places were open, and Adam was very accommodating about places we didn't feel comfortable eating at. Any requests we had while there, big or small, were immediately accepted by Adam.
It's quiet -- no matter how noisy it might get outside, the noise doesn't travel indoors at all. Really good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor (not on the ground floor) are a little pricier, but also have more privacy...
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I had a unforgettable stay at Riad Slawi. Adam the owner, arranged airport transfers and welcomed us into the riad as if it was our home. He couldn't have been more helpful! His passion for his business shines through and gives outstanding customer service, paying attention to detail.
We spent Christmas day in the Riad and after having a morning of shopping at the local market with Adam to gather food for our chicken tajine, it was personally prepared and cooked by one of the cooks from the riad and the food standard was of a high standard.

We would highly recommend Riad Slawi to all of you whom are thinking about going to Marrakech!

Stayed December 2012.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The Riad is a quiet and charming place with beautiful surroundings. The manager, Adam is very helpful and gives attention to all practical needs. (He went out and bought bus tickets for us - something we could not easily do ourselves!) The room was very comfortable with a fireplace, small windows overlooking the medina alley and with a spacious and clean bathroom. Dinner our first night (ordered in advance) was nicely cooked Moroccan dishes served together with other guests in the courtyard. Be sure to look around when arriving the Ben Slimane (taxi square) if you are accompanied by hotel staff to know your way back and fourth to the riad. On the hand, the riad is located in a nice walking distance to the Souqs and the Medersa, and further to the main Square. Riad Slawi is highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Riad Slawi? Share your experiences!