“Clean, Friendly, Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Slawi

You added Riad Slawi to your Saves list
Riad Slawi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Derb Ahmed el Borj | Sidi Ben Slimane, Kaa Sour, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #40 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Clean, Friendly, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The owners and service staff at Riad Slawi are amazing!!! My sister and I stayed at the Riad Slawi from Aug 30-Sept 4, 2012. The rooms are clean, spacious and air-conditioned. The hotel is beautiful and cozy. We had convenient access to Wi-Fi on the main floor. Each day breakfast was prepared when we woke up, the staff and owners made us feel like family, while still giving us our own privacy. The staff provided information and tip for my sister and to help us shop in the souks and navigate around the city. This riad has a beautiful roof top terrace, that is just the perfect place to relax after a long day in the city. The hotel was very safe, never had to worry about anything. Huge thank you to the owners at Riad Slawi for providing an excellent stay during our first visit in Marrakech, we will visit again!!! For women travelers staying at this hotel, I would recommend avoiding making late night plans - the area is chaotic at night and the men can be very intimidating. If you do plan to experience the night life, I recommend staying in hotels located near main roads. Other than that, you will have an AMAZING time at Riad Slawi!

Room Tip: Rooms are great! Clean! Spacious! Cool! Safe!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed at Riad Slawi with five friends of mine from college. We were looking for a riad hotel in Marrakech that was both reasonably priced and beautiful. Riad Slawi was so much more than that. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and Adam could not have been more accommodating. We had friends coming and going at different times and Adam made sure that everything ran smoothly. He also arranged a beautiful dinner party for the six of us that was a very special evening. The roof deck was the perfect place to spend time both during the day and at night. We could not have been happier with our experience. During our stay, we couldn't help ourselves from noting just how "lavish" this riad is. We cannot wait to return soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My wife booked us 3 nights in Riad Slawi as part of our first visit to Morocco in March this year. Adam (the owner) arranged for us to be met from the airport and was standing to greet us by name at the door of his property. A fantastic tagine was ready on the table as we arrived, and this was followed by a birthday cake which Adam had arranged when my wife mentioned the purpose of our trip.

This was typical of the service Adam and his staff provided: personalised, thoughtful and nothing was too much trouble.

The Riad itself, as you will see from the photos, is beautiful. It is an oasis of calm amongst the bustle of the city. I cannot really think of anything more we would want from a place to stay- it was clean,the room was ornately decorated and spacious, the food was great, it had a nice rooftop terrace and was easy walking distance from the main square.

If you arrive in the evening, as we did, because the Riad is in the old part of the city it can appear intimidating being led off down a maze of narrow alleys in the dark so try and arrange for someone from the Riad to meet you. It would be very difficult to find it yourself if you are not familiar with the area.

We were in Morocco for a week, so stayed in other accommodation, but this place was my favourite. Adam is a fantastic host.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Chose this Riad because of the positive reviews by previous visitors. And you know what - they are all true! The manager, Adam, was very generous and helpful. From arranging a cheap transport from airport to advising on places to go and what to buy. Riad itself was amazing. It wasn't too big or too small either. Our room was comfortable and quite spacious despite the size of the Riad. Breakfast was included and worth every cent. Location is central and only 15-20 min walk (if you don't get lost - FUN PART) from the Main Square. Next time going to Marrakech - definitely going to stay here again. 5/5

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Launceston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a fantastic 3 night stay at Riad Slawi in July this year (2012). I stayed on two occasions - first for 2 nights and then a single night before departing for another country. (I was in Morocco for 3 weeks). Adam, the owner was absolutely superb and couldn't have been more helpful. He came to meet me when I arrived and showed me how to get to the Riad (as well as then giving me a very detailed map). I loved my room (Menzah) and it was also great being able to have meals prepared for me by his lovely house assistants (breakfast / dinner at night). Adam also organised a taxi to the airport for me (WHICH IS A HUGE THING because getting taxis in Morocco can be a NIGHTMARE!!!!). Such a relief not having to haggle with a taxi driver about the price to the airport! (it's not very far, anyway!). BEWARE MARRAKECH TAXI DRIVERS!!!! I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this Riad and would stay there again if I ever returned to Marrakech. Adam is a real gem and he speaks fluent Arabic as well as French and English which is anothe PLUS!!!

Suzanne - Tasmania - Australia

Room Tip: I loved my room (Menzah) but didn't have an opportunity to look at the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

A map of directions to get to this riad would be a great help. Of all the riads we stayed in I thought this was the best, although the location was a bit out of the way, once you knew the route it was fine.
The standard of room was excellent, the staff lovely and the breakfast, a good quality which did have variety demonstating the range which could be available in Morocco.
The room was a very good size and the bathroom was amazing. Everything finished to a very high standard and a mini fridge in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for the one with the bathroom with the stars in the ceiling.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at Riad Slawi. We chose the accommodation based on previous reviews and weren't disappointed. Adam is a generous host - arranged cheap airport transfer for us and a luggage porter delivered us to the door (we would have never found it otherwise). He then gave us time to unpack before leading us through the narrow streets to Jemaa el Fna. He gave us two maps to help us find our way back plus pointed out where we could get a taxi from and let us know how much we should pay for one. He also gave us his telephone number in case we ran into any difficulty. This was all within an hour of completing his daily fast for Ramadan!! Adam also arranged a driver for us for a day so we could visit the magnificent Atlas Mountains. Our room was amazing, exceptionally clean, beautifully decorated, cool (air con) and very comfortable. The breakfasts were great - loved the pancakes!! Would heartily recommend Riad Slawi to all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Riad Slawi? Share your experiences!