“perfect location, disgusting food, not a 4star, 3 star yes, very nice interior grass area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chems

Save Saved
You added Hotel Chems to your Saves list
Hotel Chems
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Houmane El Fetouaki, Marrakech 40000 , Morocco   |
Ranked #311 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

If you need a hotel in the heart of Marrakesh, it is in the absolute perfect location, right in front of the mamounia hotel.
the food is disgusting. even if you get a demi-pension, meaning breakfast and dinner included in the price, it is still worth taking the hotel and eating out every day.
rooms if facing pool and garden are great. i'm not sure i'd enjoy my stay if my room were facing the cement wall some rooms face.
reception staff are not very nice but they do their job.
the bar and lounge area are very cozy and feel like you're at summer camp or some university hall, I like that feel.
the pool is clean but not very big so don't come here if you're looking for a lap pool.
the beds are sheets are very comfortable.
the lobby, halls and rooms are very clean.
last but not least, they ask for 100dirams (10euros) as a deposit if you request a pool towel and they have the audacity to ask you to keep it during the entire stay.
low class but it's still a very comfortable and overall despite all this, the place has positive vibes and i feel good here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
france
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Just got back from three weeks of hell, as we live in France we booked this hotel knowing it was run by a French company and that all the guests would probably be French, this isn't a problem as I speak French. Day one : i asked the Rep for a map of Marrakech, he laughed at me and said he couldn't understand me!!! (and not in a pleasant jokey way) so I asked at the reception, she went crazy at the rep and then she gave me a map. The reps don't like to give any info to you at all, they like you to take their over priced trips, we took a bus to the coast which cost us 130dhs for two, they were charging 365dhs each. Apart from that the food at the Hotel was disgusting, breakfast was limited and we had to ask every day for yogurt, which they kept hidden away!! the dinners were revolting, cold and if you didn't get in quick by 8.00 there was hardly anything left, my partner was so ill all through the holiday because of the food, I think it was the meat being re-heated over and over again, I don't eat meat and I wasn't ill, but many of the other guests told me that they had been ill too. When buying a coffee or a bottle of water you had to check you change every time, we were short changed so many times it was obviously done deliberately. The only pluses for the hotel: it was clean although scuffy and definately not 4 star, the ladies at the reception desk were very helpful and its position to explore Marrakech is good. But the company Fram is a nightmare, they changed our flight home from direct to a stopover and only told us the day before we were leaving, which gave us no time to change it, even though they knew 4 days after we had arrived, when I questioned the rep, he told me" thats the way it is, go away" when I asked him for his name he told me he was Monsieur Fram and did I speak French!! and for all my French friends: Fram c'est merde!!

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — the male members of staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Chems? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Chems

Address: Avenue Houmane El Fetouaki, Marrakech 40000 , Morocco
Location: Morocco > Marrakech-Tensift-El Haouz Region > Marrakech
Bar / Lounge Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#122 Luxury Hotel in Marrakech
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Chems 4*
The restaurant features large pillars and serves a continental breakfast every morning. On sunny days, guests can dine on the poolside terrace or order a snack from the pool bar.Wi-Fi is free in public areas and the hotel also offers private parking on site. Marrakesh-Menara Airport is just 5 km from the hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Hotel Chems reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Chems Hotel Marrakech

If you own or manage Hotel Chems, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.