This was a luvly hotel althouth one of the pools was a bit mucky at times. The hotel was very far out of town, about 25-35mins drive so on the way there we did feel a bit stranded and lost but once you get there it's like a little haven.
Food was nice but just a set all you could eat buffet which can get boring and to get into town to eat elsewhere was a hike. The buffet was about £15 per head for breakfast or dinner or lunch so as you could imagine this could add up over the space of a week So I'd suggest trying to get an all inclusive deal if possible. We found out on the last day you could ask for a sandwich.. which was about £4 but massive so wish we'd done this earliyer. We also started just taking our meals to our rooms some nights and just getting one meal and sharing it. which saved money. There was a free bus into town but only at certain times and other times were 150baht. The staff were nice and helpfull and the rooms were clean. Staff can plan trips for you but one of them tried to rip us off so be carefull and ask around. The manager was a nice wee man so maybe ask him.
The rooms were HUGE and really luxurios seeming..although little bugs were crawling about when we got in..if you blast the aircon they disapear (I think bugs is a given in Moroco wherever you are)
Also the massages are a bit rubbish so i'd suggest giving them a miss.
Everyone speaks french in Marrakech so theres no point trying to learn morrocan, I tried as I thought it was nice to try..but if everyone spoke french back at me :-) maybe just learning hello goodbye and NO THANKYOU is enough in morrocan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First resort concept in Marrakech, built in the traditional Moroccan style on an olive grove of 11 hectares. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Douar Al Hana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Douar Al Hana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Douar Al Hana Marrakech