“feels like home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Rocmarra

Save Saved
You added Dar Rocmarra to your Saves list
Dar Rocmarra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb el Halfaoui, 29, Bab Doukkala | Medina, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Announcement
Fresh and new
Ranked #22 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, England, United Kingdom
“feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed with my friend for 5 days and it was the highlight of Marrakech! so peaceful and lovely after a busy day out in the medina
we really looked forward to our delicious breakfast on the rooftop terrace every morning and coming back after a busy day to a homemade Moroccan feast made with love by Jamila, the warm and welcoming house keeper. Jamila and her family run this lovey riad and you feel very looked after and in good hands
I highly recommend this riad for a easy access to everything and tranquil/chic ambience...
will definitely stay again

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mahón, Islas Baleares, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at Dar Rocmarra for Christmas and New year and have just booked to go back in two weeks time. It´s a dream to be there, with such fantastic staff to look after us,we really
did not want to leave !
The rooms are beautiful and the sheets are the best we have ever been accustomed to,lovely soft fluffy towels and sleepers waiting for us and my favourite drink chilled, all make this place very special.
I must mention the bed in the Johara room (so comfortable,that we are now getting the same tempura mattress for our home )
We travel a lot and are very particular about where we stay,,When we found out through friends that had stayed,how great it was, ,we just had to try it. The food is better then ANY restaurant in the medina and Jamila buys daily with such care and it´s just a joy to look forward to her meals at lunch or dinner.
The music in the courtyard is wonderful, we bought the cd to take home,just to relax to.
The location could not be better,near one of the royal residences ,so very respectable and clean and just 7 mins walk to the main square and 2 mins to the souks.
There is wifi througout the riad which was great for me,as I had to catch up on emails on a daily basis.
we asked for the riad driver to pick us up from the airport and was pleasantly surprised to find him waiting for us ,what a nice chap he was too.
This will not be the last time we stay ,as we are going to bring the family and hire the whole place for my brothers birthday.
All I can say is ,"This IS the best " We are so looking forward to going back !!

Room Tip: We loved the Johara room ,because the bed was SO comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Myself and 10 friends have just returned from our stay at Dar Rocmarra for my Hen Do and we had the most perfect time! I knew the Riad was beautiful from the photos but I was still overwhelmed when I arrived as the photos, although great, don't do the Riad justice. It is so beautiful and each room has so much character. As soon as we arrived we were greeted by Jamila, who is so helpful throughout the whole stay, and some delicious mint tea. We had dinner in on the first night which was cooked by Jamila and her staff and was just delicious!!! Perfect for us as we'd had a long day and didn't fancy going out.

Throughout our time at the Riad we were given the best possible service, taxis arranged, camel treks booked and plenty of wine was supplied!

We all felt very safe here, the Riad is constantly manned, day and night so no matter what time, there was someone there.

The terrace was a perfect place to sit in the sun and relax, also a gorgeous place to sit in the evening whilst enjoying some wine and nibbles :)

One of the lady's that owns the Riad, Helen, made the booking process very easy and provided me with some fantastic tips and advice for our stay in Marrakech.

I shall definitely return to show my husband to be the perfection that is Dar Rocmarra. I want to book my stay and flights already!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed @ Dar Rocmarra a year ago and was so entranced by the place, Jamila`s amazing food , Jaleel`s smiling face and ``nothing too much trouble `` attitude that I couln`t wait to go back.
We returned for 4 days in March and took over the whole Riyad. What an unforgettable experience ! The food was as fabulous as last year, so much so that we had dinner there every night - to quote Paul Newman ``if you have steak at home , why go out for a burger?``
The service, the attention to detail, the decor, the sun roof and those fabulous breakfasts , what is not to love ? (dont be put off by the walk down the derb, it is worth the wait)
Jamila and Jaleel are a delight , friendly, helpful and most welcoming and never tired of us talking , drinking copious amounts of wine and keeping them up into the small hours as we put the world to rights over the courtyard dinner table or on the terrace under the stars.
It is a true oasis , as memorable as any 5 star hotel - can`t wait to return !

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful and unique. The bathrooms are sublime and wanted to take everything h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Dar Rocmarra for 3 nights. We were not sure if staying in a riad would have been a Suitable option for us but soon found it was the perfect place to stay. It is definitely a calm away from the hustle and bustle of Medina. We were given 5 star treatment as soon as we got to Riad. The service and advice we received from jamila and her team was extremely helpful. The breakfast each day was varied and very good we truly felt spoilt. The riad is easy to find and immaculate past reviews are a true reflection - the beds are super comfortable. Outside of the riad, you soon get used to the darting mopeds, donkey and horse carriages all sharing the same street! All in all I would most definitely recommend dar rocmarra for a visit to the wonderful city of Marrakech.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed in Dar Rocmarra for five days in February and enjoyed it immensely. The attention to detail in the rooms was as good, if not better than a luxury 5 star hotel. You are treated so well, you do not want to leave the Riyad, so I stayed and enjoyed the home cooking and good wine! Only when you go out into the madness of Marrakech, do you appreciate the tranquility of this superb Riyad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in Dar Rocmarra for three days in late febuary and it was perfect. Jamila, Jaleel and Latifa took perfect care of us whilst also making us feel like we were alone and could treat Dar Rocmarra like our home. The roof-terrace is perfect for mint tea and star-gazing. The rooms (I had a peek in them all!) are all designed differently with bucketloads of character and beautiful decoration. I'd imagine the water feature would be a god-send in summer as it acts as a natural air-conditioner. But on the sometimes chilly February nights it is great to come in and see that Jaleel has already made the fire, and to cosy up in the alcove by the fireplace.

Jameela cooks great traditional Moroccan cuisine and a big hearty breakfast. Also they sell beer and wine at a reasonable price, which is nice as it is sometimes hard to find in the city. But the most amazing thing is the position, tucked down labyrinthine alleyways, behind an unassuming doorway - it is truly in the heart of the medina. Close to main attractions and souqs but also the nice shops of Rue Dar el Bacha and Rue de la Mouassine. I also loved Rue Bab Doukkala that leads away from the centre - you can get literally anything on that street and its always busy.

I highly recommend Dar Rocmarra, can't fault it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Rocmarra? Share your experiences!